It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO Seen Over East Texas Lake (Image)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Now, Whittney Sullivan says something made it's way to Lake Sam Rayburn. Last summer, Whittney was out on the lake, recording a family outing on her cell phone.

Possible UFO Seen Over East Texas Lake

Cheers,
Frank

Mod Edit: Fixed link

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Dulcimer]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Uh...you link goes to a sports story. See if this one works?

Full Story

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

recording a family outing on her cell phone.

Disappointing :/

Even the crappiest of the crappiest digital cameras take better pictures than your average cellphone. Plus we only get to see a tiny crop with zero point of reference.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The article states that the object has been identified. Case Closed.

We took this video to an expert and have solved the mystery that in turn could solve hundreds of videotaped UFO sightings around the world. We'll reveal your hunches, as well as the real answer Thursday night on KLTV 7 News at 10.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
The article states that the object has been identified. Case Closed.

We took this video to an expert and have solved the mystery that in turn could solve hundreds of videotaped UFO sightings around the world. We'll reveal your hunches, as well as the real answer Thursday night on KLTV 7 News at 10.

Undoubtedly, the object is a UFB (bug, bird) or floating debris, which is most often the case when no one in real time witnesses an object pass-by, yet it is later discovered that it was recorded on a camera of some sort.

It will be interesting to see who the TV station labels an "expert."

--FW

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

Sure Frank they saw a bug or leaf falling and then decided to take a pic of it... Besides it looks more like a hat than a bug/leaf. Get ready for alot more of these pics, whether they are legit or not, who knows.

I just know one thing, my family saw a huge ufo back in the 80's in upstate ny, very similiar to the Texas sighting. Was seen at early dusk(7pm est.), bigger than a football field,silent,rectangular,very low,flying slowly at the time and the most amzing lights anyone has seen(not the b2 or stealth fighter I asked a few years ago this ?). Here is the catch my uncle took pics of this "ufo" with his very expensive/good camera. Guess what, all the pics before and after the ufo came out perfectly clear and normal. Well the shots he took of the ufo were pitch black, all of them. I was not there but was told there was plenty of light as the pics taken of my family immediatly after the ufo had gone away were crystal clear. (to finish out the roll of film and a witness count) So I don't really put much credence in videos or pics cause I know my family saw the real deal and none of the pictures came out at all. They must have cloaking and some sort of tech. that does not allow photos to be taken to be this elusive all these years.

PS My uncle did call the NY state police immediatly after the sighting. Their reply to him was "Are you seeing pink elephants also?"

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwatcher

If you read the story you'll discover the lady did NOT intend to take a video of the object, she did not see the object while she was recording and the only reason she captured the object is because she got a phone call while she was recording and brought the phone up to her ear to answer the call.

That movement is what put the camera in the right spot to capture the object. It really does help to look at the data.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Anybody going to see the newscast? This blob is not saying "bug" or "bird" to me.

Wouldn't it be funny if the "real answer" turns-out to be "ET spacecraft"?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Another interesting find coming out of Texas. It would seem that there is a surge in reported UFO sightings these days. Which makes me wonder if there is actually increased UFO activity going on, or is it because of the recent attention to the subject people are more aware of there surroundings?

There seems to be some sort of greenish haze in the picture above the said UFO. I'm wondering if this is an artifact, cloud, or light defect ? Also I know some UFO sightings have coincided with a green haze around the craft. Some believe this is due to the presence of a highly charged magnetic field.

Whatever the case may be, without proper analysis of the picture/video. I feel it is to early to jump the gun and say it is indeed a craft. Maybe the analysis that the news station is having done will shed some light on this particular case.

Eagerly awaiting the results

Flagged

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The station apparently talked to someone connected with a planetarium.
He says it's CCD burn from the brightness of the sun.

I don't buy that one. If it was a smooth oval shape, sure. But the bottom protusion seems too squared off to fit that explanation, even taking into account camera movement. I guess I'll wait for the video to be posted for comparison.

Possible UFO Sighting Might Be Solved

There's no doubt the image is there, but what it is, still a mystery. Leading us to Tom Hooten of Tyler's Hudnall Planetarium.

Unfortunately, his analysis brings this interstellar vision back down to earth, boiling down to something as simple as a flick of the wrist.

"When she pans it is a pan up and over. So it crosses where the sun is. Where the sun is leaves that black mark. Another thing about it, it's a black mark. It's not an illumiated object so if the sun is to the right it should be illuminating half of that object at least a little differently than the other half of that object.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher
reply to post by Frank Warren

Sure Frank they saw a bug or leaf falling and then decided to take a pic of it... Besides it looks more like a hat than a bug/leaf. Get ready for alot more of these pics, whether they are legit or not, who knows.

Since the dawn of photography "anomalous objects" have appeared in the "finished photograph" unbeknown to the photographer at the time. The very method, or more accurately the "mechanics" of taking a photograph, ("focusing" on the subject, or the scene) with film and or digitally, effectuates this phenomenon.

At the end of the day, without supportive evidence, e.g., eyewitness testimony, physical evidence etc., even the most impressive photographs, remain just that.

More formidable would be the observation of a phenomenon by one or more witnesses, and or a detection by other means e.g., radar, etc., and "then be photographed." Thus each example of evidence would be in support of its alternate.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
The station apparently talked to someone connected with a planetarium.
He says it's CCD burn from the brightness of the sun.

I don't buy that one. If it was a smooth oval shape, sure. But the bottom protusion seems too squared off to fit that explanation, even taking into account camera movement. I guess I'll wait for the video to be posted for comparison.

I finally watched the second video, and I am satisfied with the Tom Hooten of Tyler's Hudnall Planetarium's explanation, and more importantly his demonstration of what he calls a "light-out."

Cheers,
Frank

top topics

join