It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why some humans have the need to kill others ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Hey folks ........ummm..... I've been seeing some pretty graphic videos of death,violence,war ,e.t.c. ........ and I just tend to get pretty emotional when I see anything dealing with death . If we ,as a race, are the most intelligent in this world ....... why do we have to resolve in killing others
. I know there's some sickos out there .... but I'm talkin' about folks who just kill others for the heck of it . I just happened to stop by one of my friends threads, Lightseeker, and I just got all emotional 'cause of what happened to his daughter-in-law and his soon to be born grand-daughter ( you should check the thread out and pray for 'em
) . I've seen some sick stuff in my lifetime ...... but I'd just hope that the world would somehow change over time and stop'd bein' less violent and materialistic
. Another thing that bothers me is when people get killed for the color of their skin ......... I don't see the point in being racist towards someoone that bleeds the same color blood ....... if we as a race wants to "make contact" with "Alien Beings" ... we should just try to solve the problems that are here on Earth ... rather than seeking some signal from the stars above .

( I'm just an average guy who loves life and everyone ........ I'd Love for my future family to be able to walk around without fearing of all this stuff
)

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by steve-o

I totally agree with what you've written. Thing is, a lot of people who do these things act out of the fact they cannot control their emotion and it overpowers them - such as rage and revenge. Others do it for money (organised crime), and it can also occur whilst under the influence of drugs (belief of unrealistic things). Then you have 'war' - which to me on face value is indicative of greed, and another aspect - the belief of supremacy. I totally understand - we all bleed the colour red - we are all 'pink' underneath the skin. We are all humans - we just haven't evolved to becoming 'Human Beings' yet.

A quote I read somewhere was, "Man is the missing link between monkey and Human Being".

I truly believe Earth is a prison planet for the troublemaker souls of the universe! It literally is HELL.

Thx

[edit on 6/2/2008 by Im a Marty]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Thanks for stopin' by bro
.... I was just all emotional at the moment ....... all of what you've said in your post is spot on
... may you have a great day/night

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Hey steve-o remember me!

To my knowledge, it appears that a lot of guys who kill for the heck of it, seem to have little emotion at all, especially some of the profiled 'serial killers' out there. I could never bring myself to harm anything, let alone kill someone!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smugallo
Hey steve-o remember me!

To my knowledge, it appears that a lot of guys who kill for the heck of it, seem to have little emotion at all, especially some of the profiled 'serial killers' out there. I could never bring myself to harm anything, let alone kill someone!

Good point, however these sorts of people have huge psychological problems (another aspect that causes these absurd actions against fellow man). Narcissists, Sociopaths, Psychopaths et al... All harbor a form of extreme egotistical attitude. Others get enjoyment, the thrill of not getting caught and 'outsmarting' the police. And others are subconsciously sabotaging their own actions by leaving clues so that they hope they will get caught, because they (subconsciously) know they are unwell.

Man is a disgusting creature, I await the next civilisation that overcomes the insane 'human' mind. Time will tell.

Thx

[edit on 7/2/2008 by Im a Marty]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Smugallo

Yeah ... I remember ya bro !!!!

Ummmmm.... I've seen several of these types around my area
....... out of all the areas I had to live in Brooklyn :shk: .......

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by steve-o

Hey, steve-o, if you ever figure it out let me know because that whole thought process has been on my mind all week. You can see what I mean by that here.

Personally, I don't think I will ever be able to understand how a person can can take another's life without mercy or remorse.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lightseeker

I can't even put it into words bro ......
....... all I know is that they will move on to the next "level" of life .... I don't know what religous beliefs ya've got ... but I'm sure they're doin' well

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by steve-o

Can't really say for sure steve. Some humans have a sick disease that makes them violent I guess.

Truthfully, I believe there is a duality to every human, but we must always choose what's right no matter what, even when we get angry.

Regards to light seeker, I will pray for him and his family.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

I agree with ya bro ..... I should have fixed the original post :shk: ... me soooo slow

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I'll give this a shot.

Every human being on this planet is a predator in its core inner self, and for every predator there are ways to survive or perish. Throughout evolution, all predators that live in a group of animals, have to take care that they themselves survive as the strongers, leaving those that don't behind. This same pattern does apply to all human beings, although we do have consciousness, possibility to reason ourself and a will of some sort.

Today's society does include moral, values and social patterns that haven't been present in nature before development of philosophy, theology and sciences in general. This has only been so for a few thousand years, give or take a thousand. That time simply isn't enough to wipe out behavioral patterns that have merged during millions of years of evolution. This means that we, as biological beings, are mostly _incompatible_ with our current status, expectations and will of civilization.

Take it or leave it, this is how it is when we use logic, evolutionary psychology or biological evolution as basis of thought.

And yes, I can understand and live with these conclusions, but i do have feelings. Acceptance and understanding are two completely different things.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This is a topic that has been passed down the ages. Why do people kill?
Think about what it means to be a human.... you've got lust, gluttony, greed, wraith/anger, sloth, envy, and pride.... The 7 deadly sins, and everyone in the whole world is a sinner.
en.wikipedia.org...
Human nature is the key. Think about it... 60% of murders in the world are either due to war, or relationship problems. She was cheating on him so he killed her. She wanted to start a new life cause he was abusive, so she killed him.
The problem is free will. We all have the power to kill someone, but we chose not to.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by steve-o

Like many others.

I wish I could give you a real answer for this question, but I can't.

Sorry Bro.

MonKey

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

It's alright bro
....... it's somethin' that has been said over and over but has not ever been "solved" ........

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
On a note, my ramblins and view points have been known to offend others. Read at your own risk!

I don't think anybody really knows why people act out these violence outburts, or planned acts. Maybe expect for the one that performs this act. I know "officials" always say there's some sort of mental illness, or some drug related substance involved, but I don't think that's always the case. Some people do things out of anger, and some people do things that they feel is right.

Maybe someone carries out an act of violence because he/she feels it will better the enviroment for others, or possibly bring people closer together.

Or maybe it's just a Darwinist, with that mindset of "survival of the fittest", "Natural Selection". Whichever the case, a vast majorty of these crimes feel that they are justified by the individuals actions and or beliefs. Even though other view it as "psycotic", "abnormal", they feel that what they did was right. Of course the victims grieve, and want closure, justice, revenge. They feel that they cannot rest until this happens. Than there's the ones who do forgive such a tragedy. People see it was something that should have happened, and that there is some sort of devine plan.

I personally believe that there is a reason for just about everything, but can never figure it out.

Like I said, I don't think anybody ever knows why such a tragedy happens, expect for the one carrying out this act.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I am certain that this question has in fact been solved many times over. Problem in hand is that people want to keep their own points of views, ignoring everything that psychologists, psychiatrists, nurses and scientist say about this. There is no one particular reason, although reasons do appear to be at certain leves of behaviour.

Lowest level possible is human nature by biological evolution, and above that comes all else that have a term associated and defined in. We are often certain about some particular reason, but if we reduce it, deduce some from sciense, we will come to conclusion that it was just evolution disguised within abstract reasoning, thus the usage of other terms.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is a tough subject to tackle.
I can not answer for certain, but I can make a suggestion.
There is a book from the writer Chuck Palahniuk (the guy who wrote Fight Club) called Haunted that very much discusses and dissects questions like that.
I highly suggest reading it, besides the fact that it's brutal, visceral, horrifying, hilarious, sick, and highly entertaining...it touches upon some very real human emotions and then takes a path that you'd never see coming.

Please, someone out there, read this book.
As bizarre as it may sound, it really gives quite a bit of insight into the human condition.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Ah, another Monkey spirit.
Well met friend.
I like your avatar with the kid wearing Wu K'ung's silk monk outfit.
Happy new year to you my friend.

top topics

join