It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being fully aware in your dreams...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
When I was younger, once in a great while, I would become conscious and fully aware in my dreams. I would realize I was dreaming, and subsequently run around doing whatever I pleased. It's only happened a few times, and hasn't happened in at least 15 years. Does anyone have any knowledge as to why some people can do this......also any idea where I'm "at" if I'm fully conscious in my dream, I can hear, see, act on my on power to do whatever I want, am I in another dimension....a different plane of consciousness.....please offer up any info/knowledge you have it would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It's called a lucid dream. I have them too. You can actually work towards making them occur.

plenty of info for you in this link

Enjoy.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply....I've read about lucid dreams before, but I keep running into the same information. It's all accurate information I just wish there was more depth to it. Anybody with opinions on lucid dreaming or astro-travel I'd love to hear it...

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
as of late, i've been trying to work my way to lucid dreaming as well. i am progressing, but i think the key is patience and diligence.

all my life, i hardly ever remembered my dreams. i remembered them about once or twice a month, so i thought this would be really hard for me. ever since i have been trying to lucid dream, i have recalled my dreams each morning. i have been going at it for about 2 weeks now.

and this is one of the first signs of progression...increased frequency of remembered dreams.

my advice is just to keep thinking you are going to control your dreams tonight, that you will succeed. also think of past dreams you have had and look for any real life inconsistencies over and over again to trigger your mind out of the dream state.

if there is anything special that helps one focus or realize they are dreaming, anyone else please let the OP and me know

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Here is a few links on the subject for you.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.lucidity.com...

www.dreamviews.com...

Hope this helps!
I know alot about dream states, if you have questions about that U2U me!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
As long as I can remember I've always been able to remember my dreams and its always seemed strange to me that whenever I dream I'm in complete control of my actions , I can do whatever I think of in my dreams its actualy pretty sweet its like being awake and it freaks me out sometime cause alot of my dreams feel so real that from time to time when I wake up the world around me almost feels like a dream and I've always wonder if that might mean something but I never realy looked into it I just kinda shrugged it off and went about my normal routine.
but after reading up on lucid dreams it kinda got me thinking. but I still dont understand if being able to control you dreams and being fully aware in you dreams means anything? maybe someone could help explain it a bit so I could get a better understanding of it all. I can even remember past dreams if that means anything most people cant even remember the dream that had the night before.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Societalgnorance

Hi,

Ive only been aware that I was dreaming twice and when I was younger, both times I dreamt that I was in danger, I became aware that it was a dream was able to change the situation around...

I must say also that I always remember what I dream every night, sometimes only sections, sometimes everything.

This does lead me to another question for Extralien but I will jump back to that thread to ask it..

Maybe have a look in the dream forum, I think there are some threads discussing this..

Take care,

JQ.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

Hey there John Q. I've been looking around for this dream forum and I can't find it anywhere on the ATS site. Whereabouts is it located? I'd be interested in checking it out since dreams interest me the most out of all the paranormal topics. Also I noticed a post about starting a consciousness forum here on ATS as well. I'll find the thread and put a link to it in here for anyone who might be interested in signing the petition for it.

Sorry I guess I should have researched the thread further before posting about it. Apparently it has been closed and requests for the new forum are to be directed to the site management in the form of requests/complaints.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Grizzly Bear]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Thank you all for your replies and don't be hesitant to flag this thread.....I just want to say that for those of you who replied that have lucid dreams:

1) Where do you think we "go" when we are dreaming like that? Are our minds imagining it, is our soul traveling somewhere.....

2) Is it not one of the most remarkable things when you are at the point in the dream when you "wake up" mid dream and realize your dreaming. I still am amazed by it to this day.

3) Do you think this is a good thing or a bad thing? Are lucid dreamers more in touch with their soul....or more in touch with reality than others.....lemme know what you guys (and girls) think.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Here's he link to the dreams forum.
It's in BTS
www.belowtopsecret.com...

My dreams and other experiences have been part of my journey into life and away from most normal societal structures.

It's not a problem as such. Quite enjoying myself actually

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hey just thought I'd comment as I have experience with this. The vast majority of my dreams are like this, I am fully aware and in control of my actions.
Even with sleepwalking, I am aware of what is going on when I sleepwalk!

new topics

top topics

join