It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casting Call! Bleach!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
If any of you used to collect Wizard magazine, then you should remember the comic book movie casting call! This was always a fun section of the magazine for me, so I have decided to create a few of my own.

Now, these movies are NOT actual movies in the works, just who I would cast if I were to direct it. At the end I’ll link my other casting call threads…

Feel free to let me know if you agree or disagree with my decisions!

If you disagree, who would you want to play that role and why?
If I left some important characters out, then add them!

Now I’m going to change things up a little and add Anime to the mix!
I’m gonna keep it in the comics forum since these anime also have manga books, but if the Mods feel it should be moved to Television, go right ahead!

Ok here goes!

Casting Call #4: Bleach!!!

Bleach follows the adventures of Ichigo Kurosaki, a high school student with the ability to see ghosts, and Rukia Kuchiki, a shinigami (Soul Reaper or, literally, "death god"). en.wikipedia.org...(manga)" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Source

The series is really sick. Well, not so much the beginning as much as the later episodes. These death gods pretty much kill these creatures called Hollows that are tormented souls and send the spirits within the Hollows back to the spirit realm. When Rukia, a death god, gives Ichigo her powers, she is taken back to the spirit realm to be executed, and Ichigo and his companions have to try and stop them.

Ok, so lets get to the casting!
I’m only going to do the main characters, but there are so many characters that come in later that I’m going to leave the job of casting them to YOU, given that you watch the show and know who the characters are!

First off, lets cast Chad!

Yasutora Sado, better known as Chad, is one of Ichigo's few friends at school. He is a biracial (Japanese/Mexican) student who towers over his classmates. Despite his imposing appearance he is quite meek, and refuses to fight unless it is for the sake of another. He does not have awareness of ghosts at first, but this changes when he witnesses a group of children being attacked by a hollow. He discovers a unique ability that strengthens and armors one of his arms, enabling him to fight hollows. He later develops the ability to shoot energy from his armored arm.

For this part we need someone big, and who doesn’t talk a lot. He’s allowed to look older than he really is… So…
I’m going to cast Tom Welling from Smallville!

Why Tom Welling? Well, he has the shaggy hair, built, and we wouldn’t have to hear him talk much… granted, he would need a deeper voice, nothing that voice training cant give him lol.
With that said though, I also think Brendan Fehr from Roswell would be a good match!
You decide!

Next we have Sisuke Urahara!

A mysterious and cheery man characterized by his hat that shadows his eyes and the geta (wooden sandals) he wears, Kisuke Urahara runs the Urahara Shop, a candy store that also sells supernatural items to shinigami. Despite his sanguine nature he is one of the most significant figures in the Bleach universe, bearing immense knowledge of the spiritual realms which he uses to mastermind the operations of the protagonists.

To acquire this role, one would have to have long hair, be mysteriously funny, but serious when needed to be.
Im gonna give this part to Ashton Kutcher!

Why Ashton? That’s a good question… but you try and find someone better!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Next in the line up we have Uryu Ishida!

Though on the surface nothing more than the solitary class genius, Uryū Ishida is actually a Quincy, descendant of a line of priest-like hollow-hunting archers. He bears a deep grudge against all shinigami, including Ichigo, but comes to view Ichigo differently over time, eventually becoming an ally and friendly rival.

So who should play this bow and arrow wielding puny?
I would say Orlando Bloom, but he’s too old…
SO, Imma give this one to… Daniel Radcliffe!!!

That’s right! Harry Potter!
Why? That’s easy… He’s rocked the long hair and classes look, he’s the right age, and he plays the noble hero in Harry Potter. Easy choice if you ask me.

Lets get a chick in the line up now.
Next, we have Orihime!

Orihime Inoue is a long-time classmate of Ichigo, closely linked to him by mutual friend Tatsuki Arisawa. She is effectively an orphan, as she and her elder brother Sora ran away from their abusive home at a young age, and her brother later died. Though initially devoid of spiritual powers, she begins to develop spiritual awareness and later obtains one of the most powerful healing abilities in the Bleach universe, able to completely restore a body to its previous state regardless of how severely it is wounded.

Who could play this lovable red head you ask?
Well, since I went with Harry Potter for the last one… and he is the love interest of Orihime… and they are about the same age… I’m just gonna go ahead and put Emma Watson down for this one.

This next character is one of my favorites, if not my favorite, and was a difficult decision to make.
Give it up for Renji!

Renji Abarai is an elite shinigami bearing the rank of 6th Division lieutenant, making him second in command of a sub-branch of the shinigami armed forces. Although first introduced as a deadly enemy, he has conflicting loyalties between his duties and Rukia, whom he grew up with. A rash and driven man, he holds both a deep respect and animosity towards his immediate superior, 6th Division captain Byakuya Kuchiki.

We need a really good actor for Renji… and this is a tough role to play. This guy isn’t a bad guy… hes just conflicted… so we need someone who can cover a wide array of emotions…
I’m gonna go with (and with all due respect) Heath Ledger…

Heath played a variety of characters, and the Joker will prove his emotional boundaries are set above par. Plus, the long hair and kind of receding hair line fits Renji to a tee!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Next is our other feline of the show, though there are even more later on, Rukia Kuchiki!

Rukia Kuchiki is a cool-tempered shinigami who was sent on a hollow extermination patrol in Ichigo Kurosakis s hometown. Though her physical appearance is that of a teenage girl, in reality she is around 150 years old. Rukia is forced to transfer her power to Ichigo and assume a temporary lifestyle as a regular human. She registers at the local high school and takes up residence in Ichigo's closet, while teaching him how to be a substitute shinigami in her place.

The actress needed to play Rukia needs to be fragile and soft at the same time as being a hard ass when needs be.
For this reason, I’m casting Ziyi Zhang fro Hero!

I used he in my Authority Casting Call, and I think she would be great for this role as well, though she would need to look a lil younger.

The last person on my casting call is our main hero, Ichigo Kurosaki!

The primary protagonist of Bleach, orange haired high school junior Ichigo Kurosaki is forced to become a substitute shinigami after unwittingly absorbing most of Rukia's powers. His cynical nature at first makes him ill-disposed towards the duty, but with the passage of time he comes to accept and welcome it, recognizing that even if he is not able to save everyone, he can at least use his skills to protect those close to him.

So I’m just gonna go ahead and throw this one out there.
Zac Efron…

I’m not too happy about that pick, but the girls seem to like him and I guess he could pull off the hair…
But if you think you can find someone better… PLEASE DO!

[edit on 6-2-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well, that’s all I’m gonna cast for now, but that is not the rest of the cast!

I’M GONNA LEAVE IT TO YOU GUYS TO CAST THE REST OF THESE CHARACTERS!!!:

Gin

Aizen

Zaraki

Hitsugaya

Yoruichi

Matsumoto

And

Byakuya

I look forward to hearing from ya!
Try and find some characters for the remaining cast or make changes to my casting call!
If you cant find a pic, just post the name and ill put one up for ya.

If you guys liked this casting call then give it a star and flag and Ill know you want me to make more!

Until then!

Odessy

PS, if you guys have never seen Bleach, check out this scene!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
If you guys liked this thread, then check out my other manga/anime casting calls!

Casting Call: Cowboy Bebop!

Casting Call: Fullmetal Alchemist!

new topics

top topics

join