It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Arab men eager to attack Israel have poured into Gaza'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

'Arab men eager to attack Israel have poured into Gaza'

www.jpost.com

Thousands of Arab men have flocked into the Gaza Strip from Egypt in the past two weeks, offering to join in the fight against Israel, sources close to Hamas said Wednesday.

\"They brought with them tons of explosives and various types of weapons, including anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles,\" the official said. \"What\'s happening in the Gaza Strip is very dangerous not only for Israel, but for many Palestinians as well.\"

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Looks like thigs are heating up now. Seems to be only days from erupting.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
What I get out of that is first there must be some state support behind all the people coming in to fight Israel. If they have anti tank and anti air craft missiles. Second there must be some comadies such as food coming across also. So to me the biggest question is who is supporting them with the weapons?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Um, do we have any news of this from a less, shall we say, unbiased source?

Just wondering....

I did a search and I couldn't find one...

[edit on 6-2-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
What so the figther's of an anti-occupation force are being reinforced? Sounds similar to when Israel gets a new delivery....

[edit on 6-2-2008 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
the source needs to be confirmed... this could be Isreal/America propaganda... you know so they can launch a Pre-emptive strike

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Precisely my thought. Is there any Arab anywhere that the Jerusalem Post doesn't accuse of being a heavily-armed psycho who might be the one to kill everyone?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
Um, do we have any news of this from a less, shall we say, unbiased source?

I found several. here are a few.

Turkish weekly

Philly com

the age

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Iran really needs to send a couple hezbullah guerillas and IEDS to Palestine.Its time those merkavas faced real bombs than stones pelted at them.

The only thing palestine needs is better weapons

[edit on 7-2-2008 by t0ken]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Turkish weekly references jpost and the other 2 links are about the hole blown in the gaza/egypt wall and gazan`s going into egypt and not the other way around

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by raptor108

Arab rocket hits Jewish playground

huh?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Exactly.

So we're still looking for an independent, non-biased source for coverage of this "story."

That is, from a non-Zionist viewpoint.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by raptor108

Arab rocket hits Jewish playground

huh?

Rockets are being fired from Palestinian territory into Israel and outlying Jewish settlements. My source is NPR (National Public Radio).

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
[

Turkish weekly references jpost and the other 2 links are about the hole blown in the gaza/egypt wall and gazan`s going into egypt and not the other way around

Here is the first few lines of the Turkish reference

Thousands of Arab men have flocked into the Gaza Strip from Egypt in the past two weeks, offering to join in the fight against Israel, sources close to Hamas said Wednesday.

The men, who came from Egypt and several other Arab countries, entered the Gaza Strip after the border with Egypt was torn down, the sources said, adding that they had offered to join Hamas and other armed groups.turkish

So I don't really know what you meant by your comment.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

The JTW News article quotes -word for word- the article from the jpost.

Compare the two, in fact the link to the jpost article is at the bottom of the JTW News page.

With all due respect, that's not really independent confirmation of an event, it's simply parroting the original "news" source.

This situation, without impartial validation, just smacks of war-mongering, Zionist propaganda, IMHO.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
hey! I thought President Bush just went over there and got everybody on the road to peace and to have things changed so that all sides would get what would be what each side needs to "be at peace" or whatever. It looks like the only way to solve the problem is for somebody to leave, period.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Your are sort of right. As mentioned in another thread Pres. Bush did recomend that the Israelis leave Palestine under the guise of encouraging peace. My theory on that is so his Jewish allies are not in the way when he bombs the bejesus out of the Arabs. I may be completly out of line with that thought but I said it anyway.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg

With all due respect, that's not really independent confirmation of an event, it's simply parroting the original "news" source.

I do realise it is a reprinted story on the Turkish news. Although I must also think that when a story is re printed that the news source doing the re printing considers the original source to have a reasonable degree of professionalism. In that chain of thought there are several news sources that are almost never re printed.
It should also be taken into consideration if the Turkish news sees any benefit for them selves for knowingly re printing this story if they knew it to be false.

top topics

join