It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan: Savior of Humankind?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

If you believe that the Sumerian's were genetically engineered to dig up gold for alien masters then i guess the Ubaidian culture and the pre-cursor civilization at Catalhoyuk were also manipulated by the aliens. Not to mention the Indus valley civilization which was trading with ancient Mesopotamia also at this time. What of the hunter gatherer society's which all these civilizations appeared from.
If they were after gold why didn't they engineer a race that actually lived in an area where there was lots of gold, theres plenty of places that had a # load more gold than the sumerians.
The picture on that seal is more likely to depict venus and the pleiades than our actual solar system, unless you just make up the numbers and discount alot of other stuff.
Ancient cultures were very competent astronomers and there have been many links posted to show how they were able to do this, youy dont need great big bloody telescopes or inside info from aliens to work out how our solar system works.
In fact almost the exact same discussion is occuring on another thread in this same forum right now.
Does nobody use the search function here anymore?

I do however agree that most of the biblical scripture is taken from early mesopotamian myth.

[edit on 8/2/08 by mojo4sale]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Alot of people believe Satan is the savior of humanity mainly because he told them to eat of the tree in the garden of eden and gain knowledge. However, I think this is exactly what he wants to think and is probably his best tool against the Creator of the Universe.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rapturas
[more

Venus is closer to the sun than the Earth so every 8 Earth cycles around the sun (8 years) venus does 5 cycles...
or every 8 years vesus is between the earth and the sun 5 times drawing a 5 pointed star in the sky ... the pentagram is an ancient ancient symbol

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kotaro_Fuma

one thing other detail in the sumerian cylinder other than the planets is that marduk or enki is sitting down but just as tall as the images standing upright so i ask you about the nephilim deitys

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kotaro_Fuma

one thing other detail in the sumerian cylinder other than the planets is that marduk or enki is sitting down but just as tall as the images standing upright so i ask you about the nephilim deitys

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
And for some reason there's a steady following of people who seem utterly willing to believe that a spacefaring race of gold-hungry genetic engineers designed us from lower primates to dig in the dirt for them because, gosh, evolution is soooo goofy an idea!

IMO, the "spacefaring race of gold-hungry genetic engineers" is just as plausible/goofy as the theory of evolution, because:

If you believe in evolution you believe we originally come from a cell that spontaneously appeared on earth, which is about as scientific and imporabable as the tooth fairy.

If you believe in evolution and panspermia, you believe the first cell came from elsewhere, possibly transported to earth on a meteor ... that means alien matter started us off anyway.

Back to the OP...
You could say that God is an alien seeing as he doesn't come from earth, so the fact that the Sumerians seem to think we were created by alien/s doesn't really contradict with my faith too much ... however making satan out to be the good guy seems a bit of a stretch.
We all know intrinsically what is good and bad for us. Simply compare the 9 commandments in the satanic bible (particularly 5 & 8) with the 10 commandments of the Christian bible and it's fairly obvious who is the kind and good one with our best interests at heart.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Satan can probably say that he's the one who knows God more then anyone else, as his oldest adversary.

Why do you think he stays so far away from Him?

He may be the oldest friend of knowledge of them all!

[edit on 23/8/08 by MacDonagh]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sethdarke

I guess it's a fact that us christians will stick by the truth only. Our "opinions" are based upon the true written word of GOD, not boggly- minded, manmade fabrications that serve no other purpose than to confuse, distort, and to encourage others to place their faith into these 'scholarly' abominations. We christians voice our concerns because we recognize falsehood for what it is, and we desire to reach out to others who are being led astray...like blind sheep to the slaughter. This is not "closed-mindedness."

I believe we are living in the "end of times," and God's word clearly states that in the end times many will be led astray, and many deceived by false doctrines. People seem to ignore or forget this fact! Now, even the Bible is being misconstrued as a false doctrine! I guess that isn't such a big surprise that the enemy himself (Satan) would try to destroy the truth--beginning w/distorting the Bible itself. In doing so, he makes it harder for a christian to spread the truth with the use of God's word, because people will now basically say, "I can't rely on the facts you're representing because I don't believe in the validity of the gospel itself." If you're one of those people, don't just go by what these so-called professors of "knowledge" are saying and writing, but read the Bible for yourself. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you understand it.

I can't count how many references there are in the Bible where it plainly states that the ONE and ONLY way to God is through Christ Jesus! And I have a notebook already half-full with verses pertaining to the death of Jesus in atonement for the sins of mankind. He is our salvation and our only means to heaven. He truly DID die for us ALL. If it had only been you alone, he died for you too. If every single one of us could go back in time and witness the horror of His torture and death, and while we stood there gazing on that, knew He did this for us alone, we would be completely changed humanbeings. Seeing it on a TV movie is one thing. To have been there to view this firsthand is another. Knowing this, and reading the blasphemies all over the internet, it deeply pains me, and I know it does God.

The sad thing is, I can see how so many are lead astray because I once was. I was simultaneously a believer in Christ and had ALSO been fooled by some false doctrines that were leading me astray. Fortunately, God pulled me back. Now, I'm learning more about Christ, aside from just being a mere believer. It makes a big difference because the more I learn, the more I realize just how much I never knew...like how after being saved and baptized, I could also receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit if I asked. His presence is the most awesome thing I've ever felt!!

It states many times in the bible that christians would be persecuted for their faith in the truth. If persecution is what I will endure, then I will face it without complaint because of Who I make my stand for.

Repent... Accept Christ as Lord...Be baptized in water and spirit...and Obey Him. This is ALL that's going to matter when we one day face Him. We can't say that we had no knowledge of the truth when He gave us the Bible to learn from. It's our choice what we do with it. Free will, you know?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
"Adversary"? That word means someone who can challenge another. Considering for a moment that God exists and created everything he could remove "Satan" from this reality with a snap of his metaphysical fingers. He isn't an adversary he is an excepted tool.

That is if you believe all this relgious stuff! One of the great logical failures in religion is the concept that an omnipotent god would create (knowing also at the moment of creation what was going to happen in the future) and allowing it to continue.

Absurd

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Satan the savior of mankind? He's the one that got us into this mess to begin with!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Well technically it was God who by legend created all this knowing full well and in advance how it would turn out......

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
hmmm....since my early teens I've learned not to trust anything too mainstream; top 40 music, Microsoft, and religion. How many times have I had an awful song stuck in my head that I happened to hear in the break-room before I vowed to never again listen to commercial radio? How many times did Windows have to crash on me, and get infested with viruses like a dirty skank before I switched to Linux? How many humans have died in the name of God over the centuries...How many times has the Christian God ordered the wholesale slaughter of men, women and children in the bible? Don't know? I'll leave this one for you guys to figure out; check out these links and put that 5th Commandment to the Test:

www.exposingchristianity.com...
www.evilbible.com...

Allow me to say in closing that I do value many of the teachings of Christ. Forgiveness, Kindness, Compassion, Healing and Charity are central to my lifestyle; I don't need the Bible to instruct me on what is fundamental to human nature; no snub intended, Christian, Jewish and Muslim friends.

*Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning; a non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.*

[edit on 29-10-2008 by kissy princess]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join