It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chertoff: U.S. Backsliding on National Security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Chertoff: U.S. Backsliding on National Security

www.reuters.com

CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts (Reuters) - From weak border controls to the risk of chemical bombs, the United States could be backsliding on national security since the September 11 attacks, Homeland Security chief Michael Chertoff said on Wednesday.

"A couple of years after 9/11 it would not have seemed conceivable that a 'business as usual' mentality could creep back into our public mind-set. It has begun to return," Chertoff told a forum at Harvard University.

"I'm concerned that we are beginning to backslide," he said, citing several areas where the United States has faced trouble while seeking to get tougher on security after the September 11, 2001, attacks.

He said many residents, mayors and business owners are resisting the Department of Homeland Security's plan to build a border fence on private land -- a key part of his department efforts to stop "potential terrorists."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well duh...Our borders have been wide open for ages, and almost all of our military is spread out on every other continent BUT our own. I was wondering when the admin might possibly wake up from their slumberland and come back to reality to see what every american is aware of BESIDES them.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

You know as well as I do that the administration will only reply to things that deem appropriate. This is not one of those issues. All they will do is provide disinfo. HOWEVER, I have read your posts for awhile and I have faith in your beliefs on this issue. Way to Go.

new topics

join