It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans not entitled to mental health care, U.S. lawyers argue

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I suppose it's important to understand this situation from the perspective of certain realities. The most important one is probably that the soldier on the ground, the grunt, GI Joe whatever, the private, is, essentially, meat and cannon fodder, this has always and will always be the case. The Generals and the powerful, factor in the meat losses, the deaths, the severely injured and minimise the expense of running the war, after all for them war is business, big business. They love the idea that there are young (and not so young men ) who glorify the soldiers life and his naive commitment to his country, this really helps sell their product. Does anyone believe that if a situation arose where there were no young recruits and trench meat left that the generals or the people like Mr Bush would pull on their fatigues, or send their family members to run onto the battlefield, bayonet in their teeth, to save their country. Ha

Reality is they don't give a rattling fart about the dead or the injured, that's the real and hard fact, when it really comes down to it.
All the platitudes and soppy sentiment from Mr Bush and the other war mongers mean utterly nothing.

The sooner young men in ALL nations realize this, realize they're being used.
Then peace of sorts might be within our reach.

" It's real tough about your emotional trauma kid, about your busted limbs and that partial disembowelment you suffered in that explosion, here's a nice shiny medal for your chest to wear on those special occasions, makes the military look great kid. What d'ya mean he can't hear me cos of ruptured eardrums, jeez, well, give the sucker this when he comes 'round."

[edit on 8-2-2008 by willywagga]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
As I had said previously, since when this is Bush's fault? Why is everyone busting on the present administration?

This has been going on for years!! Vets don't get decent medical benefits after they are wounded or retire from service. You do your 20+ years and you have to jump thru major hoops to get anything from the government.

You are right and you are also wrong... yes Veterans care has never been up to the level it should be and yes services have been denied... Gulf War Syndrome and Agent Orange come to mind.... HOWEVER in those cases it was the VA and the Pentagon itself that was dragging its feet.... this however is about the administration itself trying to deny benefits. That is the difference.... especially after all their propaganda about how they care so much for and support our troops.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla

Originally posted by palehorse23

Veterans not entitled to mental health care, U.S. lawyers argue

Veterans have no legal right to specific types of medical care, the Bush administration argues in a lawsuit accusing the government of illegally denying mental health treatment to some troops returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Ahh Bush my favorite president.... NOT...

The Veterans are entited to get the best treatments possible. Not slap a bandaid on them and tell them to go on their way. My uncle is a vet too and he's not fond of Bush Jr.

Thill- Stay where you are- this country is long gone.

[edit on 2/7/2008 by Leyla]

, sorry had to laugh even tho it's not at all funny.

My heart goes out to our injured soldiers,.... but I feel nothing but HATE and DISCUSS for GW Bush, he cares about no one and nothing but his ignorant self and buddies.

Our Soldiers are owed that coverage and should get anything they need to help them become as healthy as possible and live as normal a life as possible,... if that is possible for them to do after everything they've been threw.

But hey, who are the idiots that voted for that douchbag Bush to begin with and voted for him again for a second term in office ???? Those people are just as guilty as Bush,.... for voting him into our White House as far as I'm concerned
!

Tic....... Toc...... Tic........ Toc.........Tic..........Toc.............. counting down the days before Bush is out on his useless butt finally but also praying to the LORD that he doesn't allow Bush to do anymore damage to our Nation or other Nations before he's out of office, and Hope to GOD that another Republican isn't put in Bush's place,............ if that happens............ we all might as well bend over and kiss our azzes goodbye.

I don't know how anyone else would feel or think but I feel that if one of these injured soldiers that's being denied what is owed him for serving his country honorably in Bush's War, was to deliver justice once and for all to Bush for all the injustices that Bush has done to the troops, our Nation and the innocent civilians of Iraq,.............. now that would be something to
about if true justice would prevail upon George Walker Bush for all his War Crimes against our Nation and Iraq.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Pentagon footage from yesterday... The Pentagon Report, "Mental Health Hearing". From DoDvClips.mil, should open in WMPlayer here.

Cheers,

Vic

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join