It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans not entitled to mental health care, U.S. lawyers argue

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

www.sfgate.com

Veterans have no legal right to specific types of medical care, the Bush administration argues in a lawsuit accusing the government of illegally denying mental health treatment to some troops returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.blacklistednews.com

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If we "supposedly" are not accepting of universal healthcare, shouldn't we at least ensure that our returning troops have all and any of the healthcare that they need. Regardless of what it is. This should all be at the cost of the government. Why can they not provide this for them? I do not get how you can send men to die for you, yet you cannot make sure they are medically taken care of when they return. Pisses me off!!

www.sfgate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You've got to be kidding me...Tell me we're reading that wrong..With the amont of INJURED troops outnumbering the dead about 100 to 1, they better be joking.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
ROFL ... sorry I had to .. I remember how badly I wanted to live in the US not so long ago , but now looking at the states I cant stop to laugh because for me this place is one huge joke (tragical but still funny) ..

How could one man (I know it wasnt just him but he takes 80% fault) destroy one of the best countries in the world to live in?
ehhh

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Yeah, and it took only 8 years to do. Makes you think he intended it from the get go. Can't even take care of our own.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
man, the way our troops are treated now is absolutely terrible. they wonder why our enlistments are down. they'll give you all kinds of money for college, but cant pay for some doctor visits? some vets are treated well, like my Dad, but for the most part, they arent. im truly sad to see this.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
For once I have to agree with you Palehorse. This is a terrible situation. I have the utmost confidence it will be rectified though. Good find.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Well, thanks I guess. But how do you think it will be rectified? and by whom?

Here is a related article to how are troops are tired at this point. they are being overworked and overextended. So, how are these guys going to be treated medically when their tours are over? This whole situation makes me RED!!!

Adm. Michael Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff says US force in Iraq and Afghanistan are 'tired and worn thin by operations'.

Troops are tired

[edit on 2/6/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
What, you all think this is something unique and different?

Veterans have always gotten crappy health care after they were wounded. What you saw at Walter Reed isn't anything that just cropped up after Bush took office; that's been going on for years.

Read about the guys that came back from Vietnam, or even Korea or WW2. Guys all busted up, and the VA wants to give them a meezy 10% disabled.

And you just know that the fat cats in DC don't have to jump thru hoops to get their health care. And they get it covered 100% for life.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by jerico65]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Well, tired and thin the military is. And you can thank a certain president from Arkansas for cutting US troop levels.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

You're right. It is piss poor treatment for years. VA hospitals have been closing down left and right in my area. I want to know how McCain was treated when he got back. they must have made him better since he is the best Republican candidate. Don't you think he may have some underlying mental issues after being a POW for five years? And people want to vote for him. Guys get shot and are traumatized for life. I can only imagine what runs through his mind after being a captive for so long.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
There is so much information online to suggest that military personnel are exposed to all kinds of mind-control projects and experiments. If that is true, then I can only imagine what kind of mental problems this could introduce and if they were to allow extensive mental healthcare for veterans, many government/military secrets could be revealed. Sounds like another cover-up to me.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Palehorse23
Nice avatar by the way, but what is the letter sequence? It is too fast to make out.

Ok, I can verify this account, MH Vets are in trouble, one-any personel who are dioged with PTSD will lose any right to carry or own a fire arm. Second, as civilians, but not as Armed Forces members.

So, few who know don't report such, and the stats are lower than they may actually be.

Crazy but true.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by annestacey

Good angle. I have read that they often test new weapons and such on military "volunteers". I guess you don't want to treat your own victims if you are hiding something. You never know what might come out.

U ARE NOT A SLAVE! and thank you

Quote form ADVISOR:

Ok, I can verify this account, MH Vets are in trouble, one-any personel who are dioged with PTSD will lose any right to carry or own a fire arm. Second, as civilians, but not as Armed Forces members.

So they can carry one as a soldier but not a civilian? That is crazy logic.

[edit on 2/6/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I remember hearing stories of how returning vets from Viet Nam were spit on by the pubic because of the hubris of the "illegal invasion", while the government waved a flag screaming support our troops (of course, what they did behind closed doors is another story)

Now it appears, that the government is the one spitting on the troops openly, and it is up to the people to support them.

I hope the government does not win.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
And you woinder why alot commit suicide. Sick country, wastes all that moiney on an election, and cannot offer veterans who fought for your freedoms, to health health care.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by palehorse23

Veterans have no legal right to specific types of medical care, the Bush administration argues in a lawsuit accusing the government of illegally denying mental health treatment to some troops returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Ahh Bush my favorite president.... NOT...

The Veterans are entited to get the best treatments possible. Not slap a bandaid on them and tell them to go on their way. My uncle is a vet too and he's not fond of Bush Jr.

Thill- Stay where you are- this country is long gone.

[edit on 2/7/2008 by Leyla]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

WRONG... The Republican President G.H.W. Bush started the troop reduction as a step down after the end of the cold war and it was backed by the Republicans in congress... remember the peace dividend we were all supposed to get? The policy was started under bush senior and continued under Clinton... It was considered a sound move at the time.

Get your facts straight and stop parroting the old blame Clinton line... its tedious and wrong.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

There really is no record of that actually happening.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
About this arguement from this administration... as a vet all I can say about bush minor is up yours A hole. Yeah right you support the troops in photo ops and thats all you lying hypocritical frat boy jerk.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join