It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Beauty Tips

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Have you ever run out of essentials where you're looking for something else for a quick fix? Well here's one that I found that works fine..

If you run out of dry skin lotion, use hair conditioner instead!

Believe me, it works!

If anybody else here has any other emergency "quick fix" beauty tips, please share them here!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I have a couple 'emergency tips' that I've used at work. You think you aren't seeing anyone that day and then all of a sudden - there are people to see you and you didn't put on any makeup that morning.

Don't worry......

A pink highlighter can pass for lipstick and a fine-tip Sharpie makes great eyeliner - if you put it on carefully.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hi Palasheea/
Honey on lips for a gloss.
Berries/stawberries or black berries for a tinge of red.
If you have some smarties or mm's use it as a lip colour....everyone has chocolates in their bags,yes?

Sugar and oil/or water to scrub hands and exfoliate..smooth hands.(can be used all over body in shower)
I read beetroot can be used for blush? not so sure though.

There are so many natural alternatives to using bought makeup...if this is what you want!
I have many more...yoghurt on the face(but dont go out with it!)and also honey is great for the face!

helen

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Not really an emergency tip, but a good one all the same.

If you are ugly, please please please, do not go out side during daylight hours with out the added protection of a brown paper bag (2 small eye holes are expectable) The general public will thank you for your kind effort.

MonKey

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Well, my girlfriend likes to steal my shiny new (expensive) razor blade heads when she has none left. Why did they design the ladies' razor to hold the guys' razor blades anyway? Curse you Gillette!!

[edit on 2/7/08 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Being male has it's advantages, you can pretty much run your fingers through your hair, brush your teeth, put on clean cloths, and you're good to go.

But for that beauty tip.
For puffy eyes after a sleepless night, too much drinking, or after you've shed some tears. Just a little dab of Preparation H rubbed onto the bags under your eyes will tone them right up and shrink the swelling.

It's not just for your bum, really.....

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
When you run out of underarm deodorant, a mixture of grape juice and beer works quite well.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
There is nothing worse than having to get ready somewhere other than the comfort of your own home and realizing you've forgotten something or something goes wrong ... and so I have had to devise, and come to rely, on some tried n tested quick fixes ...

~ Hairspray and/or Vaseline works well on your lashes if you don't have mascara handy. I have sprayed my fingertip with hairspray and lifted and shaped the lashes, hold til dry, and then applied Vaseline for shine

You can even do this if you prefer not to wear mascara ordinarily.

~ Forgotten your lash curler ? A spoon works well and even better when heated a lil with the hairdryer.

~ If when out and about you're skin gets shiny and you don't have any oil blotting papers handy, toilet seat paper covers work just as good - and I'm convinced it's just the same stuff anyway lol

~ Most cream/gloss eyeshadow, lipstick and cheek color can double for any of those uses you need them for. Lots of cosmetic companies make multiple-use color compacts now too, invest!

~ White-Out is a good temporary fix for chips in your french manicure

~ Glue can stop a run in pantyhose when ye old faithful clear nail varnish isn't handy.

~ Whenever I am giving brand new shoes a test drive I put on wet socks (hot as you can stand the temp) and then put your shoes on while you do hair/make-up ... the water combined with your body heat will soften the leather. Won't work as well if you're sitting down so be sure to stand!

~ Febreze will also work if you have forgotten deodorant. Spray a paper napkin or tissue and wipe under arms. You may need to repeat at some point but it's better than nothing!

~ Baby powder or any body powder for that matter can be lightly dusted onto oily/limp hair and then brushed out for a temporary fix. Not so good for dark hair like mine though

That's all I can come up with off the top of my head, if I think of any more I'll be back

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Want shiny hair?

Wash your hair with warm water and shampoo, when you rinse, cool the water first, then rinse in as cool water as you can stand!

Also- if you have a beer lying around the house, for a final touch, pour some room temperature beer on your hair and dont rinse that off.

Drab hair? Brown hair? rinse with old left over coffee!!! Guaranteed to give you a beautiful color!

Lipstick can also be used for color on your cheeks if you blend it well.

Ran out of razors? Use your husbands ever so lightly, wipe and put it back exactly the way he left it.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

~ Hairspray and/or Vaseline works well on your lashes if you don't have mascara handy. I have sprayed my fingertip with hairspray and lifted and shaped the lashes, hold til dry, and then applied Vaseline for shine

You can even do this if you prefer not to wear mascara ordinarily.

~ Forgotten your lash curler ? A spoon works well and even better when heated a lil with the hairdryer.

~ If when out and about you're skin gets shiny and you don't have any oil blotting papers handy, toilet seat paper covers work just as good

OK, a few questions.........

Being gay and male I may have missed this eyelash thing.
I've seen those pincher things that curl them up, but they also rip a few out.
How will a hot spoon help those eyelash hairs to curl, and why do you want them to curl ?

And really, do you want to be applying toilet seat covers to your face, ever ???
The damn things are for sitting your ass on, not blotting your face......
If they are in the cubicle were people defecate you can bet they have some contamination on them.

True beauty comes from within.
All the makeup and prosthetics you put on only masks the truth and falsifies the image you present to others.

Do you really want to lie to everyone that you meet

The natural look of any person is obviously the most appealing.

[edit on 7/2/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

lol good points ad, I don't wear much make up at all these days, if I do its more out of boredom than anything. I like to play with different techniques and colors etc ... it's a passion of mine though, it is what I want to do as a career. I'm just good at it

Long and curly lashes are the current obsession for many women, I have even seen some wearing false lashes during the day, at work, shopping etc ... which is overkill if you ask me smh

Watch Me
For some reason I couldn't embed this youtube vid. Watch and be amazed lol Some of that is just downright ridiculous.

I was blessed with long thick dark curly lashes but I like to have options for those 'off days'' which I experience a lot here in Japan (my hair, skin, nails go haywire when I am here for some odd reason) So I sometimes use it but not often at all.

Your curler should never rip lashes out! If it does you probably aren't doing it right and/or it is a bad product. I use the Shu Uemura one, the curler of all curlers
A friend of mine in high school used to insist on curling AFTER applying mascara and it was only a matter of time until she ripped off her entire lash line lol ouch. Always curl clean, dry lashes

A spoon heated up with the hairdryer will curl lashes by pressing the edge of the rounded part on top of your lashes and simply hold to curl up. The metal and heat will set them. All women who wear make up want curly lashes, ask any one of em. You can just look on youtube too, they do video's on them! lol

Toilet seat covers I would not recommend, of course, but work in an emergency. I didn't think anyone would take what I said as to mean you would use the one you were just sitting on lol

Of course, tissue will suffice also

I agree wholeheartedly with you about women using hair, make up and cothes to make themselves out to be something they are not. I am not one of those women, not by a long shot.
I believe there is a huge difference in producing your look and enhancing what you already have

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Never overdo it.

Just play up your best feature. I like to make up my eyes for a natural look and wear nothing else!

If your lips are your best feature, use an up to date color, and leave your eyes alone!

Tha natural "beauty" look is the best!

Beware of Clowns

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Also- if you have a beer lying around the house, for a final touch, pour some room temperature beer on your hair and dont rinse that off.

Geez! Wouldn't that stink your hair up? Beer smells awful.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I'm glad that I'm a man, just have a shower, put some nice cologne on, then thats it! Nice and simple. haha.

Oh yeah an I agree with the natural look, don't put too much, sometimes it covers up what makes you look good.

Oh yeah I'm one of the lucky guy who don't need anything for my eyelashes lol, all natural. ohoh what am I talking about, I'm becoming a girl!

[edit on 8-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Beachcoma

No, you will not smell the beer!!! I dont like beer myself, so i'd be aware of that!
A long time ago they used to have a great shampoo which made your hair shiny, it was called "Beer on Tap" shampoo= They took it off the market not long after it came out.

Beer is fantastic for a shine!!
Any doubt, spritz your hair with some great smelling spray perfume, but you dont need it!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Wow! Thanks all for the great tips!

Also my apologies for not following through with this thread but my computer was hit with a virus that prevented me from going online for a few days.

Here's another "emergency" beauty tip:

If a nail partially breaks off below the "line", and I think everybody knows what line I'm talking about... here's one "quick fix" that works!
-- cut out a section of a teabag that fits over that area of the fingernail where the break is.
-- then apply a very light coat of clear nail polish over that area..
-- then place that teabag section over that area and then, after the polish dries, put another light coat of clear polish over it.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

Don't assume. I have no idea what that means, and I'm glad that is the case

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
reply to post by Palasheea

Don't assume. I have no idea what that means, and I'm glad that is the case

Lol, -- and at $286 dollars that I had to pay out to a PC expert just to get things up and running again!! Let's just say, it's been quite an ordeal. I'm really lucky because I save my important files on a couple of discs -- on a regular basis. But Internet Explorer is BAD NEWS.... Firefox is the way to go.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Palasheea]

top topics

join