It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Intel Chairman - Jay Rockefeller's- ‘very special comment’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Watch a ‘very special comment’ from Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-WVa) at yesterday’s Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Hearing on Annual Threat Assessment (02/05/2008 C-Span)

[Set up] He and fellow ‘warrant be damned’ wiretapper and Telecom immunity champion Kit ‘James’ Bond (R-Missouri) spent the day fluffing the feathers of the directors of the US intelligence apparatus. Interestingly at the conclusion of the briefing and with all other Senators absent, Sen. Rockefeller tells the Generals et al., not to pack-up just yet as he has a speculative rumination he’d like to posit.

Mr. Rockefeller then begins to bungle on about the populist uprising and historical protests of the Chinese people (e.g. the boxer rebellion, Tiananmen Square) against their government - a government which the Senator feels is, "afraid of the people with good reason" and justified in attempts to pacify its mobs with nationalist apparati. (read NEOCON fables and control)

The Senator then ruefully but directly segueays to America today, alluding to its ‘disenfranchised, corrupt and broken Hollywood culture’; and then to the Oklahoma city bombing! The guy then basically seems to charge the Generals to go back to their shops and start tightening the game-plan against Americans – THE HOME TEAM! Am I wrong?
Let me know.

Video time mark [2:47:00] to the end

(Addy)

rtsp://video.c-span.org/project/ter/ter020508_intelligence.rm

(-OR-)

www.c-span.org... ArchiveDays=30

C-Span Link and then Recent Programs [click] ‘Senate Select Cmte. on Intelligence Hearing on Annual Threat Assessment

[edit on 7-2-2008 by scrapple]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You aren't wrong. The Rockefellers want US Americans enslaved and controlled, and they want their enemies in death camps. I suspect if they have their way in the USA as their counterparts are succeeding here in Canada, most of us will wind up in a camp or shot dead in the street or killed from some disease they will deliberately release.

Also, with a false flag event likely in the USA that the Bush-Clinton crime syndicate can blame on Iran, they will use that opportunity to tighten the screws on US Americans and claim they are doing it "to Protect" the citizenry. They are bloodthirsty liars, thieves, and drug-pushers, and I can only hope that a revolution against these scum comes to pass sooner than later.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I may be mistaken, but it goes back a few decades, look into grand Pappy Rock e fellers 1939 CFR speach, approx, public announcement to the press, and how they kept the commissions secret about the NWO.

I recall some thing in that general time frame.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Thanks for the posts folks - I thought this thread was probably for the more discerning - yet it does apply to all. I could maybe have passed the situation off as a tired senator speaking while thinking after a long meeting; however after watching some of the FISA/Telecom immunity debates, its infuriating to hear these same Senate Intel Committee fools argue for ultimate spying power outside of judicial purview (and I don't mean a 'special court').

They're main argument for why Americans should allow them these powers is fundamentally a 'trust us' statement followed by these same Senators saying everything is controlled and checked by their secret Intelligence Committee?

Then to hear the same people basically tease out acceptance of torture and martial law - is just too much IMO. The foxes ARE guarding the hen house, and that ain't just a colloquialism anymore.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This smells like whats cooking on the Q and A thread....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Wow! It seems I do have something more to say after all...

It appears you can "play" the Players. The rats are starting to panic in their little rat holes (albeit, very, very slowly, but let's give them some more time).

And, let me chek this out...

1...2...3...4...5...6 days... only 6 days after the post here. Well, actually that's not quite true. It's just 1 (and in letters - one) day after the last post there.

[If you're wondering, yes that other forum is almost certainly being monitored, just like this one.]

Now, don't get all excited (or scared). There are Games and Games yet to be played. This particular one can be called "Chase the Rats out of the Rathole". I'm very surprised this was shown publicly, but then, they are most probably chasing someone else. Merry-go-round, join the party, and let's dance!

Poor Generals, doing just what they are told, having absolutely no idea who they are working for... (for that matter Rockefeller may not know either, but that's his problem)

Now seriously, there are many Players here (human and otherwise), so it's a bit tricky to keep the records on who's doing what, where, and when. I have no idea about such things (it's none of my business either) other than keeping an eye on every move made (which you can do yourselves as well as me). So, don't ask me any questions. I'm just playing a role of a messenger, and I just deliver messages to those involved.

[I hope someone will get this one. Right you guys reading all this nonsense stuff in your little analyst officies?]

And, by the way, just to be prefectly clear... Don't greet with open arms every little alien that claims to be coming to your rescue. They come in all shapes and sizes, just like humans do.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by scrapple

scrapple-don't insult foxes by comparison..

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot

scrapple-don't insult foxes by comparison..

For some truly lame hairsplitting on America’s ability to Torture see : 2:35:00

To see the head of the CIA say the words ‘black flag’ with a troubling smirk : 2:45:35

Finally, the same CIA director almost ‘had me’ with this patriotic answer –I’ll admit for just a second- but then I remembered all the shadiness that has been reported throughout modern history associated with his group specifically and the black arts in general. In weight of those stories, and his answer – one could safely conclude that this guy is either dangerously ignorant or he just lied to my face in the people’s house: 2:43:40

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
does the c-span video link still work? i can't get it... or is there another link to the video somewhere else??

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
are there any other links to clips of this, I can't play the video at the cspan website.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Angrylightbulb

The real player link still works for me. Just takes a second or two to load. Otherwise go to C-span link and search for the video title.

Scrapple

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Ok, thats the problem then, I don't use real player and fire fox won't open the link on the c-span web page.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Did anyone else catch that the guy on 60 minutes(who interrogated Saddam) was lying too?

I also thought it interesting they mentioned "Infragard" as one of the FBI's private allie/assets in security which is being discussed here www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-2-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
You aren't wrong. The Rockefellers want US Americans enslaved and controlled, and they want their enemies in death camps. I suspect if they have their way in the USA as their counterparts are succeeding here in Canada, most of us will wind up in a camp or shot dead in the street or killed from some disease they will deliberately release.

Also, with a false flag event likely in the USA that the Bush-Clinton crime syndicate can blame on Iran, they will use that opportunity to tighten the screws on US Americans and claim they are doing it "to Protect" the citizenry. They are bloodthirsty liars, thieves, and drug-pushers, and I can only hope that a revolution against these scum comes to pass sooner than later.

I couldn't agree more, in fact there has lot of "theories" on how Aids and many other deadly disease are man made. An example of this was "bird flue" once examined by a non-main stream scientists, they claim that for bird flue to evolve naturally it would take thousands of years, yet this was created within a year. Only explanation was it must have been man made.

Unfortunately all this tie in with illuminates and their agenda to reduce world population to 500 million so they can OWN earth and use the rest as slaves. It is already happening, look at what Neo-cons are doing!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If you want to soil the pantaloons pick up the unofficial biography of the Rockefeller family entitled, 'The Rockefellers'. It's a huge tome of a book but goes back generations and is rife with quotes from the family patriachs. Here's one for your consideration:

'The wealthy need to keep the majority of the money. The poor don't know what to do with it.'

Ya gotta love these people. Real humanists them.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Maybe Obama will win the election and it won't matter what was said.

I hope he's a new direction from the Bush-Clinton messes. But of course he could just be a part of it too.

Tela

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Read Göring's infamous quote, then read Rockefeller's (timestamp 2:54:41).

It seems to me that, although the words are different, the sentiment is fundamentally the same.

Naturally the common people don’t want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country - Hermann Göring.

I really worry that the American people don’t worry. I really worry that, because there’s been no attacks since 9/11, that the American people have let down their guard. I really worry that the Department of Homeland Security is treated as a stepchild, um, in government, and is funded often as a stepchild in government. And that all of this bodes for our not being able to protect ourselves and to have these sort of day to day vigilance which is required psychologically and actually to be on a strong state of alert as we are in other parts of the world - Jay Rockefeller

Is it really so hard to see how these people could have either allowed 9/11 to happen or, worse, orchestrated it?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by coughymachine

Excellent comparison CM,

After watching some C-span coverage of Rock's full support of the latest FISA Senate bill (
); it proves that Dem/Rep distinction is a sham. This guy is NO friend to America - nor to a free and democratic world.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Thank you for showing me another dot to connect to

haven't watched the video yet, but I will and then I'll add some more thoughts.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
UPDATE:
Seems the C-Span link is now down/not search-able. The video file has either gone to archive or trash bin.Below is snip of the transcript of interest. As always without body language and vocals the text seems more innocuous. (And I would like to mention that the transcript states that Senator Conrad was still in the room with 'Rock', which either escaped my notice; or was not immediately apparant at that point in the C-Span Coverage.)

Office of the Director of National Intelligence Testimonies
February 5, 2008: Senate Select Committee on Intelligence:
Transcript - Annual Threat Assessment Hearing
Page 54 (near conclusion)
www.dni.gov...

SEN. ROCKEFELLER: Thank you, Mr. Vice Chairman. Please don't
collect your papers yet. I have two more questions.
We will be meeting in less than two hours, hopefully. No, actually,
hopefully we'll be doing FISA on the floor before that, but I don't think
that's going to happen.
Two questions. One, I want to go back to the subject that you and I
were discussing, Director Mueller, about the American -- the threat to
America from within America. First, I want to go to China and Taiwan, a
juxtaposition. The Chinese have basically made peace with all of the
countries that they border, some 14, and others in Southeast Asia and have
made a remarkable kind of effort to do that, providing aid, all kinds of things. They've made none whatsoever, of course, with Japan and Taiwan. And
then there is always us. So those three stand out.
There are many who think that communism, except for the party
apparatus and the big meeting places, doesn't really exist any longer in
China, that it's been changed irrevocably because of economic forces, and
that the Chinese leaders, who throughout history, including all imperial
history, obviously have never been elected, and therefore the two present
leaders, neither of whom have any sort of military connections, are then also
lacking that, which has been a stronghold of other previous leaders, and
that, therefore, when a Tiananmen Square comes along or there's mercury in a
stream or factories are closed down and tens of thousands of workers -- and
this becomes almost a daily routine somewhere in that very vast country --
are demonstrating that Chinese leaders overreact because they are
fundamentally afraid of their own people.
They have authority over their own people, but throughout Chinese
history, going back to the Boxer Rebellion, the May 4th movement, way before
that, the people have been free to revolt and to change their leadership.
Those lessons are never lost on the Chinese, because they never forget in
their 5,000 years.
So that's one scenario, that they are afraid of their people and of
disruption within their own country, and with good reason, with the hundreds
of millions of people who have not yet landed anywhere, migrating from east
to west and not having found a place.
And so what they do then is they turn to nationalism, because
nationalism is a button that really works in china, and that they do that
either towards Japan and the Yasukuni shrine visit by a prime minister, not
to Taiwan, for obvious reasons, even though there's tens of billions of
dollars of commerce and I think air service, at least in one direction,
between those two entities.
And so one asks the question, is the Taiwan-Mainland China, is that
for eternity? Deng Xiaoping used to say, "Wait 50 years and things will
solve themselves. Don't always feel you have to take action. Problems work
out." He was a wise man. I'm putting the question to you this, that the
probable next president of Taiwan is not in favor of stirring up independence
in Taiwan. It would seem to me that the economic future and the personal
interrelationship of Taiwan and the mainland could very well signal more
peace and a growing willingness to deal with each other and jaw at each other
from time to time, but actually not do anything about, in spite of all the
missiles that are aimed at Taiwan and in spite of all the energy that Taiwan
prepares to prepare itself.
So I'm interested in your response to how long you think this is
going to last, if you think that Deng Xiaoping -- maybe you have to add on an
extra 25 or 30 years -- will be proven right, number one. And secondly,
Director Mueller -- and I would ask Director McConnell to also comment on
this -- this country has changed enormously in recent years.
The whole problem of income disparity, the problem of
joblessness, the problem of the degradation of our culture -- primarily
through television and sexually explicit violence, which is I think a shame
upon our nation and a shame upon Hollywood -- this nation has changed. And when I mentioned disaffected youth or people -- whether they're
doctors or whether they're young people -- it strikes me that the climate for
people doing things that they did -- they never would have considered doing
before, simply out of frustration. And because new tools are available to
them -- and you Director Mueller, discussed extensively the Internet, the
whole question of cyber security and all the rest of it -- that you don't
have to go to Pakistan to train. You can just go on the Internet to find out
how to do a suitcase bomb. You don't have to climb poles and jump over
trenches.
So I really worry that the American people don't worry. I really
worry that because there's been no attack since 9/11 that the American people
have let down their guard. I really worry that the Department of Homeland
Security is treated as a stepchild in government and is funded often as a
stepchild in government. And that all of this bodes for our not being able
to protect ourselves and to have the sort of day-to-day vigilance which is
required psychologically and actually to be on a strong state of alert -- as
we are in other parts of the world. Now, those are two questions and I'm already way over my time. But
I'd like to have answers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join