It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Running Mates?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
With the decision for Presidential Candidates in the Democratic Party split between Clinton and Obama; and with the Republican campaign leaning heavily on McCain, it might be time to offer opinions on who the Presidential running mates might be.

My own opinions are, of course, sheer conjecture but I think that a Hillary/Obama, Obama/Hillary ticket would be unbeatable. Of course, getting that pair together on one ticket might be next to impossible. But, hey, anything is possible in politics.

Since it is very unlikely that we would ever see a Hillary/Obama, Obama/Hillary ticket, I think that both Hillary or Obama might go to Edwards. Obama would pick Edwards to help eliminate the likely "color barrier" that his candidacy would undoubtedly confront. On the other hand, Hillary might readily consider adding Edwards to her ticket as his health care programs were very similar to Hillary's own. Also, with John Edwards, Hillary might gain votes in the SouthEastern States.

As far as McCain goes, a McCain ticket with Huckabee might be quite the ticket. With Huckabee's appeal to the Southern Christian Fundamentalist voters, it might be just the ticket that would appeal to the broad spectrum of those who typically identify themselves as Republicans.

Of course, if McCain feels some need to realign himself with the hard-line Conservatives, in an effort to appease Rush Limbaugh and the Sean Hannity contingent, McCain might do well by brushing elbows and making amends with Mitt Romney. Romney might give a McCain campaign some added 'ooomph' by injecting some much needed credibility as far as the economy crisis goes.

Anyway, that's my take......of course, as I said before ....in politics, "anything can happen".

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I suggest that you check out the following threads that contain this topic .

Republican candidates

Dems

Personal predictions

Combined there is about 75 pages of discussion . So I hope that you understand that I am maxed out when it comes to this topic.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I think the potential for a Clinton-Obama ticket still exhists. As transforming as an Obama-Clinton ticket might be for this country, it would be ironic if Obama gets his party's nod and loses to John McCain because the voters see McCain as the wiser and more experienced leader.

join