It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members & Mods: Forum Applause & Respected Foes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
One thing I think is important:

Getting applause does not necessarily mean we agree with your views.

Hi Skyfloating, I don’t think you will ever give me applause for something you are total disagree with, so agreeing in a way plays always an important role in the decision to give a member applause in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Untrue. I gave a member who I neither like nor agree with in any way applause because I was impressed with the time, effort and thoughtfulness he had put into his post.

Applause, in my opinion, should not be bias-generated, but dealt out according to "is this member contributing to the overall quality of ATS?".

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yeah I've even given applauses to people that were vigorously arguing against me in debate.....it's not as uncommon as many would assume (not the arguing against me..the applause part lol).

[edit on 2/9/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
@spacevisitor, what Skyfloating just said is 100% correct.

I should know. lol.

mojo.

(surely you like me just a little bit Skyfloating.)

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mojo4sale

well of course.

(There´s muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch worse than you)

[edit on 9-2-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

reply to post by spacevisitor

Untrue. I gave a member who I neither like nor agree with in any way applause because I was impressed with the time, effort and thoughtfulness he had put into his post.

Applause, in my opinion, should not be bias-generated, but dealt out according to "is this member contributing to the overall quality of ATS?".

Originally posted by kinglizard
Yeah I've even given applauses to people that were vigorously arguing against me in debate.....it's not as uncommon as many would assume (not the arguing against me..the applause part lol).

[edit on 2/9/2008 by kinglizard]

Oke, I was wrong, and therefore I give you both my personal applause, because that is the right ATS attitude.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

(There´s muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch worse than you)

*whistles nonchalantly*

SF is right. I checked the logs. Today 1 warn and 23 applause. Woots to our members.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale

I should know. lol.
mojo.

So mojo4sale, let me guess, you received applause from Skyfloating for your contributing to the overall quality of ATS?".

[edit on 9/2/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Eh I take it as a declaration of emnity.
Those that add me seem to not even have respect in their vocabulary unless it's of the kowtowing/agreeing with everything they say kind.

But I could be wrong. As always.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

Originally posted by mojo4sale

I should know. lol.
mojo.

So mojo4sale, let me guess, you received applause from Skyfloating for your contributing to the overall quality of ATS?".

[edit on 9/2/08 by spacevisitor]

yes i did, even though Skyfloating and i do not have very much in common at all, in fact polar opposites on some subjects.

I wouldnt have put it out there normally but i felt i needed to back up their statement that applauses are dished out for good posts, not because you happen to agree with a moderators pov.
Although i guess that wouldnt hurt.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I've received an applause for a one-liner before, once again proving that one-liners can also be good posts. (It was from the Overlord!)

I've also received an applause for posts that I personally don't consider good, but I guess the mods did.

Perplexing.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
i would differ on that conclusion
WolfofWar, i think made a blanket action of systematically promoting themself as a "Foe".... probably starting with all members with more than , say, 500 posts (follow my train of thought)
Thinking themself to be a clandestine antagonist, forever popping up in the periphery...
just as the 'smoking-man' does with Fox Mulder in the TV series
So too is the aura that our clandestine watcher 'WolfofWar' on ATS, wishes to project

of course i could just be paranoid, on top of being schizophrenic

[edit on 8-2-2008 by St Udio]

Or I could just be tagging you all and keeping you on tabs as a government informant.

I may have said too much.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

OH NO! The Wolf is loosed on the board. Came out of his lair to poke a stick at his many foes, myself included.

How ya doin, buddy?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Oh, you know, not bad. I just sensed my name being called, so I came.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Just sensed it huh? Wolves are known for their ability to sense things now aren't they.

But hey, why did you do that? Maybe it was already asked, but without the post feature I can't do any research to answer my questions about your posting history.

Did you just do it for fun? It's all good.

You are famous now!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'm famous?

And the reason why I did it is outlined in my profile, if you search.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

My thoughts exactly on being able to thank the moderator who initiated you for the applause. It seems to me, to be so rude, not to be able to say, "Thank-you,' for such a kind and thoughtful deed.
And since it stands as such at the moment, I would like to take the opportunity to say a great big Thank you to the moderators who have chosen me for this much appreciated Award.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

You simply don't play well with others, we checked with your third grade teacher, Miss Pickle, she informed us that you were quite a handful and had a penchant for flushing M-80s down the second floor toilets.

My kind of guy!

Springer...

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Oh god, the mods are onto me!

In other news, I think I'm going to stop foeing people now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mission accomplished.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The devil hath cometh...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join