It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members & Mods: Forum Applause & Respected Foes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by Essan

ok, he can be removed from the thankless applause list.

LOL!

B*gger do I get points deducted for a one liner now?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm glad someone brought this up. The few times I've gotten applause, I wanted to respond with a thank you but the automated message says not to respond so I respected their wishes. I, figured it was to avoid being flooded with emails. Glad to know I can show gratitude (and that my ramblings actually got through to somebody). LOL.
Belated thanks to all the mods who gave me applause.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
The other person, I have never even seen them post before

Same here. lol There's one person who I don't know and have never even seen in the same thread as me, nevertheless has there been a discussion between the two of us. All in good fun, though.

Originally posted by Essan
I feel embarrassed now - I've never responded to any applause l've been given .... I just took it that there was no need to respond.

So to all Mods: thank you very much and in future I won't ignore your appreciation!

Me too. Thought we would get in trouble for doing so since it said in bold not to reply. Many belated thanks for the past applause.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
well when it was first introduced the friend/foe thing took a few people by suprise and a few of those took some of the "foe" listings personally cuz they forgot the RESPECTED part of it.

ive only got one foe and that member is someone who's views i respect, i just dont find much common ground with. but many of the people on my friends list share opinions that are polar opposite of mine yet we get along well enough to consider ourselves "friends"

think people just need to remember the respected part of it and realize that it was all for fun to begin with.

just my couple grams of copper

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

don't tempt me. having a bad end of the day and a little one liner tag might cheer me up a bit.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I KNEW IT!

better make it a 3 liner if you're in that bad a mood

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
hm, i guess i look at the foe thing differently. it seems i would use it to identify threads by people who constantly use baiting tactics. that way, once you see the "foe" flag, you remember they are known for baiting, and to avoid being drawn in.

then again, I dont have anyone on my foe list

oh, and here's a good question:

why would someone have be as both a friend AND a foe?
haha

[edit on 6-2-2008 by scientist]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

do they think you have a split personality?

Sometimes I can have quite liberal opinions about one subject, and then get all putin about another subject.

This can lead to a certain amount of confusion.

To remedy this, I'm always prepared to point them in a direction they may need to go, in order for them to understand that I'm kinda muddled sometimes -

A liberal, conservative, tolerant person, who also shows the reverse of those qualities under the right circumstances in order to maintain a discussion.

Sorry, but I just love arguing - especially with people who know more than me.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

do they think you have a split personality?

my guess is that they read something they liked, so they made me a friend, then read something they didn't. So instead of just removing me as a friend and adding as a foe, they did both

Amazing I can stir up so many emotions at one time!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yes indeed, a friendly note is always welcomed!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Yup,
I mean this in a lighthearted jokey kind of way - I have noticed that you sometimes seem to revel in disquiet, if not acrimoney sometimes

But I do the same myself (although perhaps to a lesser extent
), so what the hell.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I wasn't going to post on this subject because I did add a foe one time and then I regreted it later, but I don't know how to undo it.

I originally did it because at that time it seemed that the person I put on my foe list was always making fun of people's posts and laughing at them. I am sensitive to that sort of things, unfortunatley I feel more deeply for others than I should.

Now that I have seen this person develop as a member I do not feel the way I did when I marked her as a foe, but I still don't know how to undo it.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

There should be a little red "X" icon next to their name in your profile. If you click on that, it removes them from your foes list. At least that is what I see for my friends list since I haven't picked anyone as a foe. Try that and see if it works.
Pretty sure that is how I deleted people from my foe list before.

[edit on 2/6/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Never added anyone as a foe, can't see the point of it at all.
There's only one member who has added me as a foe so far and it certainly didn't offend me; I took it as a sort of backhanded compliment.

I thought that we were instructed not to reply to applauses

Now that I know different I will certainly consider replying to any future (?)applauses.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It should be repeated....Do Not Reply to the applause u2u's proper...

Rather, make a note of whom applauded you and compose a new u2u to that member.

Thank You....

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

OMG, that was so easy!

I am glad you made this thread if only for that purpose.

Cheers, GEL

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

hehe,
my impression is that we are a community, and as such we help each other - hence this thread.

The key word for me, is community.

Doubtless there are some who disagree with me, dislike me or whatever - but I hope this wouldn't stand in the way of them helping me.

This is the beauty of ATS - like or dislike doesn't matter, there are always those who are willing to help, whatever they think of your opinion.

It's great - I like it.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

LOL. I didnt want to mention names....LOL

U2U sent your way

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
And I don't get insulted at putting someone on my foe list. I probably put them on mine first, for a stupid reason too. (FredT -
)

Sorry inside joke between me and enjoies

Foes list? Nah, Its not insulting to me at all. heck another member of the staff has me on thier foes list. Its not a hostile thing and actually I view it as a sign of respect. If the two of you sparred and you left an impression then

As far as applause goes, heck we never mind a note. As Chissler noted the u2u get is automated so even if you reply to that one we would never see it.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I don't want to get to far ahead of myself here but I must say that in life the people I have a *problem* with in the beginning generally turn out to be really good freinds. It's wierd.

I liked what budski said about the community atmosphere available here. We have opportunities for growth all along the way as you do with your own families.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join