It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad to Worse: Fifth Undersea Cable Cut in Middle East

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
I don't suppose anyone might have posted or considered this yet as a possible reason for the cable cuts?

I have to tell you, man- I usually dig your posts- but this is so far from reality it is not even conceivable- other than a desperate attempt to shift opinion into oblivion.

How many hackers do you know who have submarines capable of deep sea destruction?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

I dont know what to make of it. This could very well be the truth behind the cutting of the cable lines. Do you really believe they were cut pending a war with IRAN...........NO i dont think so!

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

Before you laugh too hard, I think you seriously misinterpreted what I wrote. I am suggesting that the CIA may have orchestrated the cuts in order to provide a time window to secure the American power grid, among other things, from attack by hackers. Given the article I provided, what's so unreasonable about that?

I think one thing ATS and other sites have taught me is to be careful not to get too attached to one train of thought on a hypothetical. You've got to be willing to let it go, when substantial evidence comes out to the contrary. I just threw up another hypothetical. No biggie, just looking for a response. So far, no one connects. But no one's provided substantial evidence to the contrary, either.

Thanks, glad you dig some of my posts. I will likely dig some of yours too. We all make mistakes. We all get a knee jerk. We don't all forgive though. That's where many of us could probably do better. People grow. Allow for that.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
www.cnn.com...

I dont know what to make of it. This could very well be the truth behind the cutting of the cable lines. Do you really believe they were cut pending a war with IRAN...........NO i dont think so!

the truth from CNN huh?............ok..........
if you believe that then I gotta great piece of land you can buy...
really.........

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Ok, so they found an anchor, and that’s what caused the cable break. What I’m wondering, is why is the anchor still there if it broke the cable? I guess that both the cable and the anchor chain broke at the same time? I suppose that the cable wouldn’t have to actually break to be damaged beyond functioning, but how likely is it for a comm cable to break an anchor chain? Those things are massive. Still seems fishy to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
Ok, so they found an anchor, and that’s what caused the cable break. What I’m wondering, is why is the anchor still there if it broke the cable? I guess that both the cable and the anchor chain broke at the same time? I suppose that the cable wouldn’t have to actually break to be damaged beyond functioning, but how likely is it for a comm cable to break an anchor chain? Those things are massive. Still seems fishy to me.

Quite likely, anchors are huge themselves. Plus the cables are only armoured in high traffic area's. Elsewhere, they can be quite flimsy.

As said earlier by myself and others, cable breaks are very common. The only reason this is on the news is because there are multiple breaks, which affected the protection paths of circuits on other cables which broke as well.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
hmmm does this have anything to do with the visit of bush to the region?
cuz it only happened after he left so the guys in the gulf and the middle east will do the dirty cover up job for him

not sure but just a thought

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Actually there have been a total of 9 (NINE) cuts

Check it out by scrolling down the page at www.anomalicresearch.com

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
www.ecanadanow.com...

Undersea Internet Data Cables Repaired

Internet access to large swaths of India and the Middle East has been interrupted due to the damaged cables. The breaks are thought now to have occurred from a sea anchor for an ocean vessel. Originally the breaks were believed related to an earthquake in the region.

alrighty then, earthquake in the area.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So we could all sit around and speculate. Has anyone desribed the breaks as to are the crushed, totally cut in to or by some other means. It would appear to be a test of some sort or a pre-emtive operation prior to sneak attack. While we know that the U.S. has subs in the area, no one has mentioned that Israel also has subs as well. And would the U.S. stop the Isralis subs or run cover? Could it be China or other nations, sure could but what is the motive?

What we do know for sure is that the U.S. and Isreal would love nothing better than to start WW III. I will make one final comment that involves information that is many years old. It was once discussed that in order to take over the U.S. homeland you must first ship out a great number of the troops overseas and then cut off their ability to communicate and eliminate thier ability to resupply. Then it was said that you create a war and attack and they would not last very long. All at the same time you prepare to attack the homeland.

I feel bad about having to bring that up, but it was a viable game plan that was making the rounds way back when. You must admit that the U.S. homeland is not looking good from an ecomonic standpoint and we various leaders that are on record as stating they would use weapons of mass destruction if need be.

Why are people keeping quite about the nature of the breaks themselves?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Why all the beating around the bush!

THE AMERICAN NAVY CUT THE DAMN CABLES TO DISRUPT INTERNET TRAFFIC IN THE MID EAST!!!

Now... Was that that hard?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx

Originally posted by pavil
Does seem odd, perfect cover for putting some type of tracking/eavesdropping object on those newly "repaired" cables.

If the purpose was to eavesdrop or tap into the cables wouldn't it better to just install those devices without cutting the cables? It has been done before.

Whoever is doing this is bringing a lot of attention to this matter, doesn't sound very stealthy to me so I doubt spying is the purpose here.

your sig is possibly the most stupid thing i have ever read.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Kevin Mitnick is on C2C right now and is getting ready to discuss the cable cuts.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

That avatar is excellent. Might it come
in a larger size. I would love to have
a copy?

cya,

pj

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
www.cnn.com...

DON"T TRUST the main stream media. Specially FOX, CNN and other neocon channel. You saw how they manipulated the media specially with Dennis, Ron Paul

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Any more news on these cuts?

Could this be a tactic to stop an attack on the USA? Or is it a precursor to an invasion of Iran/Pakistan?

The recent news of Russian jets flying over our Aircraft carrier isn't nice at all... especially when they say they would use Nuclear Weapons to defend their allies.

Overall though, I just want to know if there have been even more cables cut, or what are these countries' reactions to these latest events.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by SFXBrandon]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Seriously could the cable break have been a result of the tugging & pulling of the cable in another way, not just a ship anchor? Perhaps this would have occurred prior to earthquake readings at other locations which have no Seismograph. The 6.7 magnitude quake struck at a depth of about 18 miles beneath the seabed and 12 miles offshore, this was possibly the main earthquake rather than a preliminary temblor. The aftershock was centered 45 miles southwest of Kalamata and 150 miles southwest of Athens. The epicentre about 225 kilometres south-southwest of Athens, Greece. Due to its fault lines, Greece is one of the most quake-prone countries in the European Union. So it has happened other times too.

Strong earthquake strikes Greece
Last Updated: Thursday, 14 February 2008, 11:18 GMT

A strong earthquake has struck southern Greece, shaking buildings over an area from the southern Peloponnese region to the capital, Athens.
The earthquake struck at about noon (1000 GMT) and geologists said it measured between 6.5 and 6.7.

Witnesses in Athens said lasted at least 15 seconds, and there were no reports of casualties or damage.

"We were shaken for quite a long time, swaying back and forth," an Athens resident told Reuters news agency.

Seismologists said aftershocks were possible, and Greek television stations warned people in areas near the epicentre to stay away from buildings.

The tremor was felt as far away as Cairo, in Egypt.

Earthquakes are common in Greece, and the last serious earthquake there killed more than 100 people in September 1999.

Related: BBC News, CTV.ca Map, FoxNews, JPost, CityNews.ca, MSNBC, CNN, Times India (28 Aug 2007, 1551 hrs IST,AP)

[edit on 14-2-2008 by OoTopNotchoO]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OoTopNotchoO

I dont buy into the idea that all of the breaks were caused by anchors. Seismic activity is one idea like you pointed out. I'm still wondering if something alive broke them, something not human.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yes, something like could, most of the tools I find are small cables and only a few are waterproofed submersible type but those need hydraulics like big engines and a hydraulic hose to connect, hard to hide this sort of equipment. Several Chinese (9 business locations) are in Athens Greece which supply equipment and the same company exists in almost every nation, but considering old salvage equipment someone could manage to recraft something to make it better then they are capable to do what they want where they want to. Tectonic plate movement can occur at depths and not be noticed like sinking or slipping or both and if no one has some satellite data to pinpoint this possibility then we are left with the assumption someone has cut these cables. Snapped cables versus cut cables are detectable, but a diving bell sort or could make it possibly for a few minutes to operate a land based product underwater as long as the pressure inside the housing was maintained to keep the electric motor dry, towing that would be better than a obvious cable on the deck of a ship cause no one can see something towed by a ship. Another possibility is a lightening strike whereas a individual could attach a high voltage cable to a bouy and have the lightening drawn to it sending the bolt down to the cable and it would fry it apart if the grounding were anchored each side of this type of cut so to increase the ground resistance but then a bouy and a high voltage cable has to be moved to keep others from finding out how it was done. Difficult scenarios trying to figure out who makes it about impossible. The one suspect I consider is Hezbollah, recalling back during the Israel War, Israel ceased a ship of weapons, something could have been temporarily stored underwater before the capture and that might have been near the cable cutting locale cause Israel had cables which could have been the objective plan back then and the location disclosed once the Hezbollah & Lebanon's powerful military organisation of Shia Muslims regrouped to discover what and where the stash was at in the Mediterranean, Mughniyeh was the organizer. Mughniyeh had played a key role in creating a link between Hezbollah and the Palestinian militant Islamist organisation Hamas. The idea that Egypt was becoming occupied may have destined a new cable target not Israel. Trying to target US Central Command in Egypt. Mubarak Military City, El Gorah, Sharm el Sheikh, Tiran Island (Army), Hurghada, Port Said, Port of Suez (Navy), Beni Suef AB, Cairo West AB, (Air Force). Originally in Israel, Site 51, Site 53, Site 54 (Army Logistics). Food Resources Were a Army/Air Force Logistical matter to supply and we know Palestine supplies were terminated before this happened, also performing maintenance for Djibouti, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Jordan and Kuwait, UAE and Iraq. With all the new activity in Afghanistan I would not put it past someone to be thinking highly about disconnecting those services, but it appears that Pakistan already has gotten some really big catches cause of the move from Afghanistan to Pakistan hitting hard Taliban and Al-Qaida sites. Pakistan Army & Air Force Services were to Chitral, Dalbandin, Jacobabad, Pasni, Peshawar, Shamsi.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
anyone know if these cables are repaired yet?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join