It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOL/TIME-WARNER Q4 profit drops sharply

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

AOL/TIME-WARNER Q4 profit drops sharply

www.presstv.com

US media giant Time Warner Inc. says its net profit for the fourth quarter of 2007 dropped by 41 percent compared to a year earlier.

Net income in the fourth quarter decreased to $1.03 billion from $1.75 in the previous year while sales climbed 2.4 percent to $12.6 billion, the company said in a statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Cnn is owned by them aswell. We grow tired of the lies and lack of intelligent programming.

As you can see Americans are waking up to the reality that we are not in Kansas no more Toto.

As I predict, ATS will be the major news source in due time.

www.presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
i used to do tech support training for AOL when they were at their peak customer count (close to 40 million), and right before/about the same time that they outsourced to India. The reason they did this? They were starting to see market share impacts in urban areas, and had to reduce overhead further.

Our outsource company provided such high quality service that we redesigned their entire quality program. Every site we had ranked at the very top, competing only with each other for 1st, 2nd, 3rd every month.

When they purchased Time-Warner, they were also trying to diversify their portfolio and gain entrance into the urban high speed market. You see this with RoadRunner and AOL packaging. Also at about this same time we picked up one of the largest Time-Warner Cable markets to replace AOL in our call center. Needless to say, i also got to know the internal politicking with TWC, and how they relate to AOL.

The atmosphere has not been warm. TWC was somewhat separated from the parent entity via congressional ruling. As well, AOL product offerings were required to be identical in the pricing structure to others such as Earthlink (meaning that only RoadRunner could be put in a premium, packagable spot for value adding).

This severely hampered AOL's plans. Combined with the abject failure of their venture into DSL (which my company also supported, during its launch phase), AOL was sent reeling. This has caused GREAT strain on the Time Warner (both cable and the "regular" division) people and the AOL people's relationship.

From what I understand, there are ex-Time Warner execs who are trying to get AOL to divest themselves of the Time Warner piece in order to not bring down the entire company.

As you can see, AOL is not going to go out alone.

Edit to add: when i say "my company", i do not own it. I am a manager within it. And neither of these companies are clients of ours.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

new topics

join