It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda videos show boys in mock attacks: U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

Not that they wouldn't exist, they would just be MUCH less in number and strength if it weren't for our disastrous foreign policy. And there are extremists in EVERY society, not just Muslims. Are all of them a danger on a mass scale? NO. Should all of them be monitored, kept close tabs on, and even intercepted if necessary? Sure, if they are threatening attacks.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

i'd suggest the western dynastic lines are the true enemies of the "people"... i mean, for the most part, whenever nations have gone to war against each other its to protect the interests of royal families... i don't think "common" people have a real knowledge of political idiology etc when being "invaded"... look at iraq... traded one tyranny for another... all the while, people are just thinking they could/should go to the store to get some milk...

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

i think the ties between AQ the CIA and the Bush family are well documented and discussed... what's so surprising? a private militia doing their dirty work under the guise of being enemies? just "good" business and rebranding if you ask me... just like the Vatican and the Mafia... nothing that would have been lost on Prescott and passed on to his son and his sons....

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Forgive my rant but how can any reasonable discussion about Al Qaeda and only Al Qaeda take place in this fog of hatred that is acting as cover for their activities.

because they aren't acting alone? its not about bashing america, its about bashing the criminals running the country... the ones in charge of spending the money on weapons and disrupting the rest of the world so they can sell more bombs... the american people are just like anyone else... there's good people and "confused" people... i think you'll find the "hatred" is directed at the top but unfortunately, people are generalists by nature and tend to paint a topic with one brush...

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by never_tell

i'd suggest the western dynastic lines are the true enemies of the "people"... i mean, for the most part, whenever nations have gone to war against each other its to protect the interests of royal families... i don't think "common" people have a real knowledge of political idiology etc when being "invaded"... look at iraq... traded one tyranny for another... all the while, people are just thinking they could/should go to the store to get some milk...

Exactly what tryanny is in Iraq currently? In areas where insurgents aren't blowing people up, citizens go about their business, and do what they want.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by never_tell
reply to post by xmotex

i "think" the ties between AQ the CIA and the Bush family are well documented and discussed...

And many others would dispute that AQ is in cahoots with the Bush's and doing their bidding, so defense contractors can profiteer. Those ties are pretty flimsy, if you're trying to connect support of mujahadeen against the Soviets, with anything currently going on.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Perhaps because The Iraq of today is the result of the US destruction of their only way of life, rules and government.

The children in the video should not surprise anybody, they are the next generation that will hate and die or kill the occupation in their nation that has stolen their young lives away and have rendered most of the orphans.

The littler dirty secrets that our own government doesn't want us to know.

Suffer the littler children

The Iraq war has cost a great number of children one or both parents. The United Nations estimates there are 40,000 children living in orphanages with local charities picking up the tab for their care.

www.npr.org...

In a nation that childhood is in survival mode the survivors will become the adults enemies of the west

Orphans in Iraq's Storm
Despite Stigma, Growing Number of Children Ending Up in Public Care

www.washingtonpost.com...

What future this children have but of poverty and hunger, that is why they are easily targeted.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

That's a nice way to spin things, and take away the responsibility that Al Qaeda has for considering anyone expendable in their cause. They used mentally retarded women as suicide bombers just the other day, who didn't know what was happening. Additionally- most of Iraq's children are not orphans, so let's try not to shift the blame from those who are responsible.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Another generation of these lunatics are being created through their actions with these children.

The problem is that we (the coalition) created these "lunatics" (the children in video) in the first place. We made AQ recruitement easier. All AQ had to do was to arm them and show them the target. Those children are already crazy or traumatised from this four year war.
I think we share some reponsibility to what will happen to this children in the future.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Some people like wars, many will love nothing more that having our mighty military invading Iran.

But when nations, infrastructures, lives and families are destroyed is easier to blame it on outside forces and Bogey men rather that the nations creating the problems taking responsibilities for no seen the devastation that wars will bring.

Our nation has gone blind.

And so suffer the littler children that now are in the thousand with a future that is nothing more than poverty and hunger if they even get to reach adulthood.

Iraqi Orphans' Uncertain Future Jan 31, 2008, The problems facing Iraqi orphans
came to light in June 2007, when US
Marines found children in an
orphanage for children with special
needs tied to beds and starving.
Three of the orphanage’s staff
members are being tried for neglect,
said Sameera al-Mussawi, head of
the Iraqi parliament’s women, family
and children’s committee. Two
children died of cholera at the same
orphanage in November 2007.

www.iran-daily.com...

What many do not understand is that our nation is responsible for the well being of these children.

Soo, when, people will realized that this is what wars do, should we blame the children?

no we blame al-qaida,

Islamic family values are the only
remaining consolation for Iraq’s ever
increasing orphans
, now the children will get their family values from the only people that will lie to them and tell them that they care so the can fight the west.

They are just children after all.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
No one has blatantly said it, but they've hinted.

Those vids were absolutely abhorent. Hook me up with a camera and i'll get some of my buddies together.. we'll make a video that'll help gain ten times as much support for the war as those broadcasted.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by B-Rad G]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join