It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda videos show boys in mock attacks: U.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Al Qaeda videos show boys in mock attacks: U.S.

www.reuters.com

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Al Qaeda videos seized by U.S. forces show Iraqi children younger than 11 carrying out mock kidnappings and attacks, the U.S. military and Iraqi officials said on Wednesday.

Videos played to media showed about 20 boys, mostly under 11, wearing balaclavas and brandishing AK-47 assault rifles and rocket-propelled grenade launchers almost as big as themselves.

"This is not the first time we've observed such material but the volume and content was the most significant and disturbing we have found to date," said U.S. military spokesman Rear Admiral Gregory Smith.

Smith said the videos were meant to spread al Qaeda's message among the young rather than train the boys for missions.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm getting suspicious of pretty much anything the states puts out anymore-including this. It smells of propeganda to me. Those evil al qaedians, recruiting kids into their army! I don't know, hard for me to be suprised about anything anymore I guess. Strange times we live in to be sure.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I wasnt really too sure what to think of it when I saw the film this morning, but its Al Qaeda you know, so it must be real. When I saw it, I thought to myself that I could do a little searching on youtube and find plenty of videos of some american boys acting out violent scenes.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Al Qaeda had a goal of conquering the entire world. I doubt a little thing like having to use innocents would deter this merry band of madmen. They will be a thorn in the worlds side for decades if not centuries.

When you think that dieing for Allah will give you an eternity of bliss, it would be easy to convince yourself you are doing the children a favor.

I don't actually think these monsters are mentally ill. It's that they are thoroughly brainwashed and their thought processes work differently. To them blowing up a child is a good and righteous thing to do, while the civilized world thinks it is an atrocity to abuse children. Two different mentalities entirely. To me abusing children incapable of defending themselves or their minds is a crime of the worst magnitude. To Al Qaeda? Just like making a loaf of bread. It's the same mentality as when Jones got his followers to drink poison Koolaid.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Well, you could easily switch 'al qaeda' with The 'U.S. government' there. In terms of trying to conquer the world, we're definitely second to none.

I'm definitely no fan of al qaeda, I'm just not sure they are as big as our gov makes them out to be. I think their existence gives big brother something to keep the fear-mongering and propeganda-churning machine going, and in turn their endless war-profiteering going.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yeah it's amazing what religeous fundamental nuts will do to "indoctrinate" children.

The star of the film is Pastor Becky Fischer, who explains the startling mission of her "Kids on Fire" camp: "I want young people to be as committed to laying down their lives for the Gospel as they are in Pakistan." At the camp, the children are asked: "How many of you want to be those who will give up your life for Jesus?" Little hands shoot up from every direction. They are told: "We have to break the power of the enemy over the government." At one point, Becky yells: "This means war! Are you a part of it or not?" More little hands.

www.alternet.org...

Look up "Jesus Camp".

It works both ways.

BTW, I am definatly NOT advocating for AQ.

Both sides using children is discusting in my opinion.

[edit on 2/6/2008 by Griff]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Maybe one day people will see that AQ will do anything to succeed. Use kids, women, doesn't matter.....

It's curious that anything that's discovered that AQ might have put out, like this video or the torture manual, isn't believed, but the slightest rumor of the US doing something wrong is treated like the gospel.

What is it going to take?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Respect, faith, and trust in someone's word are earned. Maybe if we would stop with the propoganda and lies first, then people could start to trust us in the first place?

It's like the old story of the boy who cried wolf.

How many times do you need to be lied to in order to lose your trust in anything that person says?

Same goes for a government.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by jerico65

Respect, faith, and trust in someone's word are earned. Maybe if we would stop with the propoganda and lies first, then people could start to trust us in the first place?

How many times do you need to be lied to in order to lose your trust in anything that person says?

Same goes for a government.

So what exactly did Al Qaeda do to earn your respect, faith, and trust?
You're so blinded by your dislike of the current administration, that anything that comes out is immediately considered to be US propaganda.
If Al Qaeda is accused of putting out something, it must really be of US origin, so the military industrial complex can continue with "fear mongering and profiteering."

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Blue,

You really need to take a step back and read what someone is saying.

Originally posted by BlueRaja

Were did I say that they have? Again putting words in my mouth.

You're so blinded by your dislike of the current administration, that anything that comes out is immediately considered to be US propaganda.

Where did I say that this video is US propaganda? Again, putting words in my mouth.

If Al Qaeda is accused of putting out something, it must really be of US origin, so the military industrial complex can continue with "fear mongering and profiteering."

You said it, not me.

I'm just showing that we really can't call the kettle "black" when we have no light reflecting off of us either.

Please spout your blind patriotism to someone else who cares to hear it. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Blue,

You really need to take a step back and read what someone is saying.

Were did I say that they have? Again putting words in my mouth.

Where did I say that this video is US propaganda? Again, putting words in my mouth.

You said it, not me.

I'm just showing that we really can't call the kettle "black" when we have no light reflecting off of us either.

Please spout your blind patriotism to someone else who cares to hear it. Thanks.

"Respect, faith, and trust in someone's word are earned. Maybe if we would stop with the propoganda and lies first, then people could start to trust us in the first place?

Same goes for a government."

My point was that when videos like these are released, it's immediately assumed to be US propaganda, trying to make Al Qaeda look bad(as if there is any kind of positive spin on that organization). There's never any belief that these folks are for real, and that these videos are exactly what they appear to be, rather than of US origin. All the outrage seems to be focused in one direction. The government is a very large organization- it's not just Bush/Cheney. It is comprised of people across the entire political spectrum, rather than some monolithic entity, that has only one unified opinion. Is the entire government lying? Is it just Bush/Cheney? Is there no one in the government that really is interested in looking out for the welfare and safety of the citizens?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

My point was that when videos like these are released, it's immediately assumed to be US propaganda, trying to make Al Qaeda look bad(as if there is any kind of positive spin on that organization).

I can agree with you on this and was not my intention. My intention was to show that we do some of these same things we condemn others for.

There's never any belief that these folks are for real, and that these videos are exactly what they appear to be, rather than of US origin.

I totally believe these people are for real. The problem is, I don't believe these people are like this because "they hate our freedoms". I believe they are like this because of the way we've treated them in the past and present.

All the outrage seems to be focused in one direction. The government is a very large organization- it's not just Bush/Cheney. It is comprised of people across the entire political spectrum, rather than some monolithic entity, that has only one unified opinion.

I know this. I can garantee I know more people that work for the government than most. I do live in DC ya know. And yes, many of whom have no qualms about lying for our government and for it's people's security. Of which I can understand to a degree.

Is the entire government lying? Is it just Bush/Cheney? Is there no one in the government that really is interested in looking out for the welfare and safety of the citizens?

Actually, the lies ARE to look out for the welfare and safety of the citizens. IMO, it just goes one step too far and we never know what is truth or a lie.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

It would appear that our divergence of opinion isn't as great as I had suspected. We do disagree on a number of things, but you at least seem to have more rational views than many who spout nothing but vitriolic mantras- Gov't=Bush=the Devil. I don't doubt that there are some who dislike America because of policy differences, but policy differences alone don't create the types of mindsets a lot of these folks have. I'm not gonna sit and blame America first on everyone that has a beef with us.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

It would appear that our divergence of opinion isn't as great as I had suspected.

It actually probably isn't. Trust me, I'm not a "hate Bush no matter what he does" person. And actually, I think he'd probably be fun to hang out with. But, anyway, I'm straying off topic. Cheers.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
just putting this out there but... imagine Muslim fundimentalists active in bringing down "western" interests are actually out their fighting the real enemy... the dynasties of the western world that have for hundreds of years used people as "slaves" and pawns... just a thought to consider

not AQ though, they work for the bush family... obvious

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
A lot of people's opinions on Al Qaeda seem to be driven by opinions on Bush & Co...

This is a mistake.
While it's a natural human tendency to see things as a "good guys" vs. "bad guys" false dichotomy, history is full of examples of "bad guys" vs. other "bad guys"

I have no doubt that Al Queda exists and is just as awful as the Bushies' claim.
That in itself doesn't make Bush any better - it's like Stalin pointing out the evils of Naziism

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
-Never_Tell

So Western interests are the real enemy, and Muslim extremists are just trying to liberate us slaves and pawns?

[edit on 6-2-2008 by BlueRaja]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

No. But neither is the U.S. trying to 'liberate' anyone either. That was just one of the many excuses they tried to use to get people behind them after their lies were found out. WE CREATED al qaeda. And by attacking, invading, and ocupying an innocent country, we have created a much bigger animosity and danger towards us than al qaeda ever could ever hope to be.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by BlueRaja

No. But neither is the U.S. trying to 'liberate' anyone either. That was just one of the many excuses they tried to use to get people behind them after their lies were found out. WE CREATED al qaeda. And by attacking, invading, and ocupying an innocent country, we have created a much bigger animosity and danger towards us than al qaeda ever could ever hope to be.

So you believe that muslim extremists wouldn't exist if it weren't for the West? What about the muslim extremists who focus their hate, on fellow muslims who aren't extreme enough for their tastes? Are they a result of the west too?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Why does every conversation have to turn into an attack on America? Sometimes it has to be realized that these people are out to destroy everyone who does not agree or fall in line with them. Their vision is not myopic, it applies to everyone outside their world. The topic is the treatment of children by Al Qaeda I'm fairly sure.

No amount of America Bashing will change the fact that Al Qaeda is not only dangerous to the World but also dangerous to those they interact with locally. Another generation of these lunatics are being created through their actions with these children.

Terrorism of this nature, mixed with modern weapons, can not be ignored simply because the world is pissed Bush. I'm sure Al Qaeda is encouraged by this mentality and uses it to draw even more sheep into their flock to use for human bombs.

Forgive my rant but how can any reasonable discussion about Al Qaeda and only Al Qaeda take place in this fog of hatred that is acting as cover for their activities.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join