It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Sex Changes Get Mullahs' Money as Regime Persecutes Gays

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Iran Sex Changes Get Mullahs' Money as Regime Persecutes Gays

www.bloomberg.com

Feb. 6 (Bloomberg) -- Nasser didn't think much of Iran's Islamic regime -- until it paid for him to become a woman.

Growing up in the city of Mashhad, Nasser knew he was different from the other boys, sneaking around in his aunt's skirts and experimenting with makeup. At age 14, he told his parents he wanted to have a sex change.

``I realized that I had a problem and that I needed to solve it through an operation,'' Nasser, now 18, says at a downtown Tehran clinic two days after he became a she called Hasti. ``Even if lots of negative things are said about the regime, they also do things that are good.''
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.homanla.org
query.nytimes.com
vids.myspace.com

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I was reading a thread the other day, (can't remember which one) but there was some debate as to how progressive Iran was becoming. I think this is an interesting article that gives credence to that thought.

I must admit, I find it surprising that the government is willing to pay for this but beats the alternative of severe persecution. I had no idea that the Iranian government has actually been doing this for quite some time. The third link contains an interesting video promoting the sex change operations.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
sure their president confirmed, that in that country of many millions, there are no homosexuals!

new topics

join