It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Heath Ledger's Autopsy Results a Coverup?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I bet the mods were like OH NOEZ! not a drug related discussion! when they saw this thread pop up yesterday.

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
I dont know if you remimber or not but pretty much the same thing happend to Gerald Levert. Link

In February of 2007, an autopsy report conducted by the Cuyahoga County coroner's office concluded that Levert's death was caused by a fatal combination of prescription narcotics and over-the-counter drugs. The drugs in his bloodstream included the narcotic pain relievers Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet, along with anxiety medication Xanax and two over-the-counter antihistamines. The autopsy also revealed that Levert had pneumonia. The official cause of death was acute intoxication, and the death was ruled accidental. Gerald Levert was 40 years old.[4]

Xanax,Vicodin and he had pneumonia!
Sound kinda familiar?

Well, the thing here that I want to point out is DARVOCET. The chemical name is Dextropropoxyphene Hcl and if you read up on it, you will learn that it is a synthetic opioid, or a man made opiate. In excessive dosages, by itself, it can cause death and has caused death in patients. Darvocet overdose is much, much, much more dangerous and potentially fatal than even .. some worse narcotic, like Diacetylmorphine (heroin) Hydrochloride. It is due to the nature of the chemical, being synthetic and man made, it has some inherit flaws that were overlooked during its' design I suppose. But yes, darvocet overdose is very fatal, extremely dangerous, much more so than most other narcotics despite not being a particularly strong narcotic in its' effect on the human brain, when compared to the other narcotics.

Now, Benzodiazepine overdose can be fatal but it is much, much harder to overdose and die from these. One needs to take a handful of these and down them with a bottle of liquor to ensure a fatal overdose. However, any legal, licensed Methadone clinic will tell you, they will not admit you to their program if you have Benzo's in your blood, in your system. Even if it is prescribed, a low amount, and you have the prescription to show them. It's simply a matter of safety, because Benzo's when combined with Opiate/Opioid narcotics present a contraindiction, that means the two chemicals work together or combine to create new effects different from those which it was administered for originally, some of which can be deadly effects, like suppression of the heart and / or lungs to the point of death.

It can come from the heart stopping, or the lungs stopping. But you, you do not notice this, because your central nervous system is doped to crap, and you are out like a broken lightbulb, as if you are having the deepest sleep ever. So you don't notice that you are dying, you just .. die. I'll shut up before giving any poor souls any ideas.

[edit on 2/7/2008 by runetang]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So maybe there is nothing to the "cover-up" angle, but I appreciate the information from those knowledgeable about dangerous drug combos and that aspect of the discussion...

thanks for all your input you guys, it's valuable info.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
You have to remember that these stars arent working out of the local pharmacies.
Most of them tend to have doctors here, in Australia, England, etc. There is no way these docs or pharmacists can cross-reference, and they have to go on "their" word.

I can see the time where there WILL be a worldwide link to all pharmacies, and as much as i like my privacy, this may save some lives.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm sure that all the Heath Ledger fans out there are screaming for blood from somebody, but the fact is: HE took those drugs himself. Ultimately aren't we all responsible for our own drug intake? Come on gang, where's the accountability? Is this really going to be a perpetual media circus?

BTW, Anna Nicole Smith is still dead too!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by migliavacca
How do you know the same doctor prescribed him those drugs? How do you know if any doctor prescribed him those drugs?

Actually these drugs are scheduled so all prescriptions are entered into an international database to make certain the dispensing pharmacist can provide all information about side effects, dosage...blah, blah, blah

Its a system of checks and balances to avoid this exact thing. Hopefully Mr. Ledger's family will pursue this and nail the big Pharma's and the pharmacists.

Chances are he did not have all of these prescribed to him. If he did- Ooooooh look out!

[edit on 7-2-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
mmhh yes ...
You all seem to forget Doctors are not your friends

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by coven

Ok how many other people died that day of a drug over dose? You probably don't know because they aren't important to you because they weren't a celebrity.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by UScitizen
reply to post by coven

Ok how many other people died that day of a drug over dose? You probably don't know because they aren't important to you because they weren't a celebrity.

Yes. That was one of my original points.

People die everyday from prescription drugs because they are POISON. And not that people don't care because I'm sure the family members of those other people do care... but it's covered up as some other cause of death (this happens often with the elderly) and everyone accepts it and no one questions it because people don't stop to think that the medications that were supposed to be helping their loved ones actually killed them.

Tons of money was made for the medical and pharma industries and the population has been decreased. Talkin' about killing two birds with one stone.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by migliavacca
What was the name of the MLB player that died of an overdose a few years ago? I'm thinking it may have been a combination of drugs that did him in as well.

Ken Caminitti (spelling?)

he was a big time juicer too though...

a few of his internal organs were probably toast when he retired anyways (from roids and HGH) so if he was on drugs after it was probably very hard on his body

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I don't know how this thread popped up again but I'd like to take the time to complain about the treatment Heath Ledger received from the mass media after his death especially that wicked witch Nancy Grace.

I remember she had a show shortly after he died, but way before the autopsy came out where she accused Ledger of ODing on illegal drugs, namely coc aine. She said a rolled up dollar bill was found in his hotel room and for a prop she held a dollar bill rolled up long ways (not the way you see in movies, like she wouldn't know) and she kept waving it around the whole show.

I kid you not, she kept it in her hand almost the whole show and every time a guest would say it was too early to speculate about what happened to Ledger, Grace would hold that rolled up bill in the air and say something similiar too "what about this, you don't find something like this except around coc aine users."(my paraphrasing)

That wicked witch made sure she did her best to taint Heath Ledgers' legacy with illegal drug abuse. I hope after she croaks a primetime newscaster waves a crack pipe around so her kids will have that as the last memory of their mother.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
As I see it the guy is dead, so why try to soil his image in the media? If he did overdose, it was probably by accident. With all those medications it would be very easy to mistakenly take an extra dose.

He was a great actor and a great person from all accounts. He will be missed.

My favorite movie was "A Knight's Tale", and that's how I'll remember him best. Rest in Peace Heath.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join