It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Heath Ledger's Autopsy Results a Coverup?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I knew this was coming. This morning it's all over the news that Heath Ledger's autopsy shows he died from an overdose of prescription drugs.

abcnews.go.com...

Actor Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose of prescription drugs, the New York City medical examiner's office ruled Wednesday.

Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine," medical examiner's spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said in a press release. The cocktail included a combination of anti-anxiety drugs and painkillers.

And they prepared the public for the grand announcement for days by talking about his 'dark side' and his 'difficulties'. They had to paint him to be a disturbed individual in the public's eye so no one would question when the big 'overdose' announcement was made.

The truth is that pharmaceutical drugs kill thousands of people each year (not by overdosing) and it's covered up. When someone famous becomes a victim of Big Pharma, they have to make extra efforts to cover it up.

We will probably never know the truth but I just hope his death sends a signal out to more people that pharmaceutical drugs are dangerous and that they will think twice before using them.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
You know what!
Whatever doctor or doctors prescribed him diazepam, temazepam and alprazolam need to lose their license.

Any doctor knows you do not prescribe three different Benzo's together like that. Its the same drug!

(Valium/diazepam) has a half life of 20/100 hrs
(Xanax/alprazolam) has a half life of 6/12 hrs
(Restoril/temazepam) has a half life of 8/20 hrs

With all three benzos and the half lives of each its easy to see how one could OD from them building up in the system over time.

Why would any doctor not say:
"Hey Heath, its not safe to put that many Benzo's in your system,you could OD!"

Not to mention oxycodone and hydrocodone!

[edit on 6-2-2008 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
How do you know the same doctor prescribed him those drugs? How do you know if any doctor prescribed him those drugs?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by migliavacca

I don't.
If the drugs were not prescribed to him, well than that was his bad.
But there was not mention of "Illegal prescription drugs" and that would be precisely what they were if he did not have a prescription for them.

I'm just going by what was reported about the story. They said Prescription without an emphasis on Illegal.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
That's fine. But I have had drugs prescribed to me by different doctors. That's definitely not uncommon. It's up to me to inform the doctor if I'm on any other medications. As a matter of fact, that's normally one of the first questions asked.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I dont know if you remimber or not but pretty much the same thing happend to Gerald Levert. Link

In February of 2007, an autopsy report conducted by the Cuyahoga County coroner's office concluded that Levert's death was caused by a fatal combination of prescription narcotics and over-the-counter drugs. The drugs in his bloodstream included the narcotic pain relievers Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet, along with anxiety medication Xanax and two over-the-counter antihistamines. The autopsy also revealed that Levert had pneumonia. The official cause of death was acute intoxication, and the death was ruled accidental. Gerald Levert was 40 years old.[4]

Xanax,Vicodin and he had pneumonia!
Sound kinda familiar?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by migliavacca
That's fine. But I have had drugs prescribed to me by different doctors. That's definitely not uncommon. It's up to me to inform the doctor if I'm on any other medications. As a matter of fact, that's normally one of the first questions asked.

Yes you are correct.
When you go to the doctor mentioning that you taking any combination of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine is a MUST.

Why would someone not inform their doctor that they are taking that many drugs?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
What was the name of the MLB player that died of an overdose a few years ago? I'm thinking it may have been a combination of drugs that did him in as well.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
He may have seen other multiple doctors and had multiple prescriptions that may have even been old. But it sounded more like he had psychiatric problems closer to schizophrenia from sleep deprevation, nightmares, exhaustion etc. Probably due to his getting into character for his latest film.

I think I would find it extremely dificult to watch him in the Batman movie if I was a huge fan of his. He apparently should have been hospitalized for psychiatric evaluation and or exhaustion by himself, relatives and or friends.

Personally, I blame the film industry in some way, as being at least, partially responsible. I'm not sure how much this hurts the films profits, but I don't think it helps. Fans or people who know about his death might think it too creepy to see it now.Some people might even be more likely to see it out of a bizarre curiousity.

The notion of how this problem of his would affect the profits, may have also been "secretly" influenced by the film industry and these prescriptions.
But, they probably also have actors sign a release from liability.

It may actually be that big money always has some secret society or union behind the scenes to protect their profits.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

Yes you are correct.
When you go to the doctor mentioning that you taking any combination of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine is a MUST.

Why would someone not inform their doctor that they are taking that many drugs?

I cannot speak for anyone else. I certainly would mention it, but then again, I've never been in that position to have to do so. I didn't know Heath so I won't speculate if he did or didn't.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well if he was commiting suicide he picked right combonation,with all that morophine in his system shut down his breathing and his heart,I'm prescribed some potent drugs,but if I do take them,it's one at a time

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by migliavacca

Benzodiazepines are so dangerous. Its a fact that doctors over perscribe them, hell they even prescribe them to women for PMS.

Benzodiazepines can kill very easily when taken with the wrong medications and when taken with other Benz o's.(as will any medication) To bad Heath did not know this.

If you dont know about Benzodiazepines or their dangers have a look at
the Ashton Manual ..
Ashton Manual

I have a family member that got jacked up by taking Benzodiazepines and the Ashton Manual helped her get clean. Her doctor had no clue about Xanax and its affects.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think either:

A: Him being rich and having resources gave him the hookup on pretty much any drug he wanted and he was doing whatever he could to medicate himself to get badly needed sleep and accidental killed himself doing so.

B: A doctor pretty much gave him whatever he wanted to sleep and he accidental OD.

C: he went to different doctors and got many different meds and took them all without consulting with a pharmacist.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
B: A doctor pretty much gave him whatever he wanted to sleep and he accidental OD.

Yes.
The "doctors" to the rich and famous aren't like the doctors that an average Joe goes to see. They know what their clients are looking for and no questions are asked. I bet those little Olsen freaks have mountains of Xanax and painkillers all over their mansions. For all I know one of those little Olsen freaks supplied Ledger with the pills. Seriously, those two freaks are on everyone's hip in Hollywood. They're like little deranged Pablo Escobars.

Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
But it sounded more like he had psychiatric problems closer to schizophrenia from sleep deprevation, nightmares, exhaustion etc. Probably due to his getting into character for his latest film.

His family insists that he did not have those problems that you're suggesting. And the conditions you're speaking of are the same phrases parroted by the media as part of the coverup. They want the public to repeat it because that's how the public will believe it. Brainwashing society is not a difficult thing to do because they pretty much believe whatever the talking heads tell them.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
from what others have posted, it sounds like the drugs he was taking had the obvious potential for abuse, misuse, and/or deliberate suicide.

we do not know who heath ledger was no more than we really know any actor or actress on tv or in movies. to postulate it was anything more than a desperate decision of depression or an accidental dosage amount meant merely to ease whatever symptoms he had, would be pure fabrication.

if anyone can hide their true self from a public's eye, it would be those who we honor, worship, and give entertainment awards to for best actor.

all i know is, he was awesome at what he did.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
You don't get schizophrenia from sleep deprivation. You can, however, become, psychotic, but those are 2 different conditions.
I do think it's possible though that the film studios knew about his problems, but ignored them to finish the film. Now they are trying to cover their tracks, I would imagine.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Anyone here aware of the work being done by the pharmaceutical(spelling?) companies to make things like vitamin supplements and such to require prescriptions? It has been shown that many of the natural made and extracted vitamins, minerals, health supplements can be far more effective than some vaccines and drugs pumped out by the pharmas. I think they have been lobbying either Congress and/or the FDA to get it passed. Basically putting more money in their pockets if it passes.
I apologize if I'm trailing slightly off topic.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
An accident waiting to happen, by the sounds of it, shame, but remember, he's worked flat out on a movie, gone back to back to another, he's was filming in london, poor thing probably, worn out, and january was cold in london, flue, virus, people coughing, he's got the added pressure of studio producers, always wanting the best, especially those executive ones, he's going through a bad patch emotionally, then theres location filming and its cold, he's constantly working out his lines, his performance, no wonder he went back to NYC for a break and peace and quiet, he must of been a wreck emotionally, and then he has insomnia, christ, who wants to be in the film industry, (well i am) but thats not the point, and lets not forget the flu this year was a bad one, and we all know what he did, he simply thought, ok i will just take another, its not like he grabbed handfulls of the stuff, and then bingo the rest is history, shame, but then again those studio producers, will benefit, of course they will if not on the theatrical release, which is always a topical issue, then on ancillary, rights, terrestial, even pay per view, can u believe producers even balance in their cost analysis how many people in prison get to watch the movie, and then think batman of course, what else can you say, shame, but then we could probably make a long list of celebs who departed this world alone and confused. RIP amigo

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
You would be suprised how sloppy doctors can get mixing their drugs up and the dosages up. I had someone yesterday (of course, English was her second language) that was discharging a patient on lovenox until he was NOT ambulating. Hello, you need this medicine for DVT prophylaxis until you are able TO ambulate. It is ridiculous. Last year when my daughter was sick I couldn't get in to see our family doctor, so we saw some other doc in the same clinic, and he had called her rx into the pharmacy and when I went to pick it up, it was WAY too big of a dosage for her. I called and complained about that doctor when I got home with the correct medicine. And of course, English was his second language as well.

I think there should be a law that before someone from another country is able to practice in the United States that they have to take a full course in English. I hear so many things messed up from these kinds of doctors.

Back to the topic..he could have gone to multiple doctors and gotten these meds. He could have gone to multiple pharmacies to have these prescriptions filled so no one would have known about the drug interactions. It was obviously something that could have been avoided if he were going to get the drugs from doctors. If he were getting them from someone that was illegally selling them, that is a whole different ball game. Of course it would be simple enough to find out if he had several doctors treating him and using several pharmacies..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join