It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative Topics Website Gets Over 1 Million Visitors a Month

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+65 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Alternative Topics Website Gets Over 1 Million Visitors a Month

www.prweb.com

ATS is a "social content community," featuring over 3.8 million postings from more than 130,000 registered members that span the spectrum from "ordinary folk" to world-renowned subject matter experts, authors, and scientists. "This is an extraordinary validation of the wisdom of our crowd," says Allin, "our members are the smartest, most tenacious, and articulate group you'll find anywhere."

When asked about the reasons for the success, Irvine adds, "It's easy, social graces. ATS is the only such venue where civility and decorum are enforced. As a result, the issues become the focus and spectacular topics rise to the surface and get noticed."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.socialmediaportal.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
One Million... Yes, One Million... Did I say One Million?
4 MILLIONTH Post Countdown - Predictions Anyone?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This is an important milestone for AboveTopSecret.com and all our members who choose to post here. This means that the world has taken notice of the content in our forums, and great number of people come here to learn what our members have to say on a broad range of topics.

In fact, a quick look at our analytics show that over 410,000 different search terms brought those millions to ATS, and we delivered more than 380,000 different web pages... in the past 30 days alone. We're doing in one month what many major sites would kill for as far as content performance numbers in one year.

For our members: this proves, without any doubt, that ATS is the ultimate platform to tell the world what you think with the confidence that they will actually hear you.

www.prweb.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
We knew that ATS was special. Now the rest of the world is finding out the same thing.

I for one find that this news encourages me to be sure that every time I post, I'm sure that what I'm saying is worth being read by the world at large. It is a rare privilege and a great responsibility to be a part of the best site of this nature in all of cyber space.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Not suprising to me SO...Everyone I've ever referred here is blown away by ATS. It is hands down, THE conspiracy and alternative news web-site.

I expect the audience is going to continue growing by leaps and bounds, as there is no other place like this on the net. Congrats guys.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The numbers are helpful, but as powerful and renown as ATS becomes, we must (particularly the owners and so forth) never forget the moral purposes, the original and long lasting hopes/values that ATS has upheld.

Edit: i.e. Deny Ignorance, etc.

[edit on 6/2/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'm extremely proud to be a part of the BEST website in the world. Great Job to the Three Amigos for all their time and Hard work. Lets not forget who provides us with this fantastic world of knowledge, for FREE!

Here's to 10 million!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyorai
i.e. Deny Ignorance, etc.

That's what brought us this far, and we're certainly not going to change a successful formula.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Congratulations! This makes me proud to be a small cog in a very special machine. The formula is what's so great about ATS and it continues to evolve (rapidly) to better things.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Great news! Long, LONG may it continue to grow and prosper!
(insert applause smiley here)

I just hope that as ATS gets bigger and bigger it doesn't succumb to 'editing' and/or ignoring certain topics and subjects, in an effort to appease some large advertiser somewhere who might feel uncomfortable with certain viewpoints or criticism... In other words, become like all the other large mainstream news outlets.

Way to go ATS!!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
A big YAY to all ATS users, members, browsers, seekers...

Congrats everyone.

And a note to anyone new to this wonderful forum,

Come in, don't stand out there in the cold, come to where the warm greetings are as warm as the diversity of the forum.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This web site is truely amazing, and it is now showing. Well done to Bill, Mark & Simon.

Dorian Gray

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I just hope that despite increased member numbers that the new members are openminded. Increased popularity is not always a good thing.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha
I just hope that despite increased member numbers that the new members are openminded. Increased popularity is not always a good thing.

ATS has been dealing for a long time now with a large number of members. That wouldn't be the problem IMO. The staff, mods, smod, admins and owners are very mature. That's what brought this site so far. Also the membership is the best you can find on the net
Denying Ignorance it might be just a word for some but ATS was able to turn this word into a philosophy and new mentality for people who like to gather and discuss alternative topics. Great things I see ahead for ATS and as few staff members and simple members stated, I'm proud to be part of.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by Telos]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tomcat ha

In this case it is my friend, ATS is an education center for everyone to learn but most importantly it is here to teach the ignorant and uninformed and to bring up the awareness of whats really going on in the world that we live in and how we can change it for the better.

ATS is an unstoppable snowball effect of open minded thinking and nothing can stop it now. The snowball effect took some time but it is now big enough to where it is accelerating at an incredible rate, and will eventually get to a point where open minded thinking and critical thinking will be more popular and over power the mindless thinking that is so popular today where there is no critical thinking and everyone just accepts anything the media tells you.

When it gets to that point, then we have the power to change the world. So I guess you could say that our plan is world domination, Muhahahaha.

Thank You Three Amigos, Staff and Members for making it all possible. Great things are about to happen I see.

[edit on 2/6/08 by housegroove23]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You know when the big boys come to ATS to get attention, we're doing something right.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
i must say i love ATS for the very reason that every issue known to this earth [and other worlds] can and will be addressed.

i am an avid reader and have been finding myself posting more often. the pull this community has is very extraordinary, making it almost impossible not to interact and share the deepest parts of the mind.

i post and share when i have something to say, and i urge everyone else who reads all these excellent topics to share their mind too when they feel the need.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Congratulations to ATS. Glad I could be a member here.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I hardly ever post here, but i loooooooooooove to read every single day.

Thanks for having the site guys.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Does this mean i should post more or less or make them longer or shorter? What attracts 'unique visitors' and does it matter if they stay? I suppose i would have to be another person to understand all the excitement but i am mostly happy when others seems happy so i wont look a gift horse in the mouth.

Stellar

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
ATS makes me proud to be a member.

I have never liked forums and its cold offerings in the past, this one changed all that. The amount of forums here is truly unique in itself. With the diversity to sustain everyones interests.

I don't think I've ever logged off since joining almost a year ago.

Thanks for having me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join