It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop's Get New " Flashlight " Weapon That Sickens, Confuses Human Beings

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Here is some great news!! Now our ' protectors' are getting these flashlights that make people sick and disoriented. The training material says that it is useful for ' stopping a terrorist ' from moving closer.

cbs13.com...

We all can see right now what is going to happen, just like with the ' harmless ' Tazer's; after a few hundred people are blinded and driven crazy by these things, which confuse the brain and blind the victim, we will hear about some ' new and improved ' version, rather than eliminating them.

Just imagine these when the bad guys get a case of them; robbers can blind victims, or cop's, and the misuse will be beyond belief. No way these things should be allowed. With cop's, as soon as you do not immediately prostrate yourself before them when they bark an order, you will be blinded, sickened and disoriented; great time to allege that they got ' consent ' for a search! This is all we need: More dangerous toys in the hands of bullies and thugs, and thats just the cop's!!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Not ONE reply? Does NO ONE care that the cop's are about to get a new toy that they can abuse us with? Unreal.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
hey there! just so you know, there's already an ongoing discussion about this development in this thread.

feel free to contribute your posts and opinions there and it might be a good idea to help cleanup ATS by using the search function prior to creating a new thread, that way we'd have a lesser number of duplicate posts.
thanks and good day!

[edit on 2.6.08 by toreishi]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

They already have firearms, and nightsticks, so I'm not too concerned about Tazers, Pepper Spray, and Flashlights. I've never found myself in a situation where I was on the receiving end of any police hardware, and a good defense against being "brutalized," is the phrase yes sir/ma'am. You'd be surprise at how much less drama you undergo by utilizing that simple phrase. You may also want to refer to Dave Chappelle's instructional video.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
Here is some great news!! Now our ' protectors' are getting these flashlights that make people sick and disoriented.

What does it do, project the latest Will Ferrell movie?
ZING!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja

They already have firearms, and nightsticks, so I'm not too concerned about Tazers, Pepper Spray, and Flashlights. I've never found myself in a situation where I was on the receiving end of any police hardware, and a good defense against being "brutalized," is the phrase yes sir/ma'am. You'd be surprise at how much less drama you undergo by utilizing that simple phrase. You may also want to refer to Dave Chappelle's instructional video.

The day I as an American have to say " YASSUH, MASTER POLICEMAN " will be one cold day in hell. They are our SERVANTS, and they should not be put on a pedastle. Do you say Yassuh and Nosuh to everyone who collects a paycheck from your taxes? If so, good for you. If not then welcome to the real world, where bowing and scraping and putting on a dog and pony act on the side of the road for some cop is not required for us to get our rights respected.

I suppose we could genuflect and bow as well, that would really get them to give us a break and not abuse our rights, is that what we are supposed to do? Where does it stop? With a citizen begging for his very life while a machine gun toting thug with a badge and a snarling dog have him sweat on hot pavement for a while face down? We have seen that all over the world, in OTHER facist dictatorships, like OURS.

Bush has overruled the very Constitution and rule of law so many times it boggles the mind.He and his gang, and believe me I know none of the others are any better, but Bush and Cheney have set new heights in treason, murder, intrigue for profit, and many more high crimes too numerous to list here. He can take over with a stroke of his pen, and that is a dictatorship by any definition.

When a congress and senate are totally ineffectual and useless, there is in fact not a democratic way to get due process and that means slavery in fact if not in kind. You may be walking around, but you are not free; that is the illusion that the government projects so we will be good little citizens and place our hands in the yellow circles, wait, that was a movie..right? Or is it real now? No way to tell until it has you laying down and praying for the luck to live to get a lawyer; soon that may be a thing of the past as well; the military commissions act could be extended to civilian law and we would get no rights unless they choose to give them to us!!

So, I will continue to snarl and snap back at the dogs, whether two or four legged, to let them know that we are not all cowed and begging, there are still a few of us willing to stand toe to toe and not assume they are better than us, in any way. Let them know that if they want to go fishing, they should get their own boat and tackle and bait and trailer and gas...and not expect the citizens to provide not only the means for them to puff up their petty arrests records, but to give up any 4th and 1st amendment rights as well by giving consent to a search without a warrant.

Cop's today are trained in the very acadamies to lie, cheat the law and pervert the legal system to get easy arrests. That is a fact. The typical cop knows various ways to ask questions that have two possible answers, thereby giving the cop an out no matter which way the citizen answers. Here is the common one:

" You don't have any drugs or guns in you car, do you? If not, you wouldn't mind me taking a quick look, would you? "

Look at that set of two questions asked in a row. If the citizen says NO to the part about not having any guns or drugs ion the car, the cop will search and later say he had consent because he thought that the citizen meant that he was actually answering the LAST question, which was not minding if he took a look. If the citizen says YES to the part about MINDING if the cop takes a look, the cop will search and later say that he had consent because he thought that the citizen was saying YES to the part about having guns or drugs, thus confessing to possession, which would be enough probable cause for a warrantless search.

See how dirty and low down they are? They will use trickery and deceit to get the citizen, the person they serve , to give consent whether willingly or not. They want consent at any cost because without it they lose the case and get embarrassed, but they have still wrecked someones life substantially in the process, the dirty dogs.

If they can later convince a judge that they were ' sincerely convinced ' that the consent was given freely, the citizen loses. It seems that unless some cop twists your arm and puts a gun to your head to sign a consent form a court will call it legal. That is why it is SO terribly important to NEVER, EVER , under any circumstances, answer ANY question put to you by any cop. Tell them that your attorney has instructed you to remain silent, and to call him if cops have any problems. That is the ONLY way to stay safe from the collusion and immoral practices that todays cops use to coerce consent for an easy search, hoping for an easy bust.

It is just like fishing, but the cops are climbing into your boat, taking the rod from your hands, drinking your beer from your cooler, and with a gun on their hip, unless you take a stand pretty soon you will find yourself thrown overboard: No one needs dead weight, and thats all that cowards are. Thug cops do not respect weakness , only force directed back at them, whether legal or actual.

While you are doffing your hat and getting ready to perform seppuku if you offend the glorious coppers by not being ' polite ' enough, I will be taking them to task and demanding professionalism and conduct that does not offend.Asking a citizen to give up their precious Constitutional rights so some cop can toss a hundred cars a day and get 10 easy busts and a raise and a few headlines is NOT what I call a legitimate use of our servants time. They do not need to be looking thru our drawers, but dusting and cooking and keeping their noses out of our business.

Let the servants say Yassuh and Nossuh , not the masters. I can see which category you are suited for, and I am sure that you will make an obediant and slavish devotee of the cop's, until they cannot use you anymore and then you will see what lies beneath the mask. It is not pretty.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I have one. It’s called a StrikerVG, and you can buy one directly from the manufacturer for around $125.

Focused 3watt Luxeon pulse mode, and the guy is out of.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The day I as an American have to say " YASSUH, MASTER POLICEMAN " will be one cold day in hell. They are our SERVANTS, and they should not be put on a pedastle. Do you say Yassuh and Nosuh to everyone who collects a paycheck from your taxes? If so, good for you. If not then welcome to the real world, where bowing and scraping and putting on a dog and pony act on the side of the road for some cop is not required for us to get our rights respected.

So if you don't recognize police officers as having authority, exactly how do you expect them to enforce laws? Is it that you want anarchy, where no one is accountable for their actions, except those whose job it is to enforce laws? You feel that you're entitled to break the law, or that there shouldn't be laws in the first place. I'll give you some helpful advice- it's not up to you do interpret the constitution, or the legitimacy of authority. There can't be 280 million Chiefs all making their own rules. For a society made up of a wide variety of people from all different backgrounds, the only way order and civility can be maintained is if there are laws, and those laws are enforced. If you have guns(illegally obtained) or drugs in your car, I want the cops to catch you, and prosecute you. If you're committing violence, vandalism, etc.. I want cops to arrest you, and keep you from violating other peoples rights. Your view is a very self centered view, where your rights trump those around you. Your rights end where mine begin and vice versa.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

There is nothing the same about authority and calling cop's nakmes like SIR and such crap. YOU said that we should all be extra polite and make sure that we impress the cop's with our manners, right? So I am saying that it is NOT right or necessary to act like you are talking to some drill instructor just because they have a badge.

Authority means that if a cop oulls me over, I pull over. If a cop is directing traffic, I obey their directions. Their authority ends where my rights begin!! I respect their authority, buit they do NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY legally to insist on actions that require a warrant. That a fact you cannot escape. Sure, I am self centered: I have a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to be that way. I have a RIGHT to tell some cop to go to hell when he asks me for a swab on the side of the road, and I WILL. I do NOT have to be forced against my will to give my legal rights up just because some others may think I am a meanie!! I am!! So what?

I have a right to be a meanie, and if that goes away you lose also. I have rights and will not give them up because some stupid serail killer is around. Go buy a gun and protect yourself because all the cop will do is bury the dead and hassle innocent citizens anywway. If they do catch him it will be a miracle; not because of the swabs of the innocent. No guilty man would agree to the swab anyway, so it is all for nothing.

The cop's cannot legally require us to cooperate, and the killer will refuse anyway. So all it does is inconvemience and hassle the innocent and put their DNA into the hands of Officer Dummbutt, who graduated last in his class and somehow mislables your DNA. Good luck getting that fixed!

So according to you, all citizens should lose their rights when a bad guy is loose, right? We should all be forced to submit to the cop's anything they want at any time, right? And if a citizen wishes to use his rights, then he is a bad guy and a meanie and selfish, right? And selfishness is a good reason to take away my rights, correct? Selfish people should all have to lose all rights, is that what you believe? You must, according to what you wrote.

If so, you have no comprehension of the law, society, reality or anything but some la la land where nice people always give away theur rights and the police are always so nice and honest and always trying to do good, right? That makes me want to vomit, just thinking about how weak and timid and dull witted people must be to believe that the cop's can be trusted and that the law allows them to suspend the constitution just because some cop's are in a tizzy about some killer: We have hundreds of serial killers all over the place and we still have to keep our rights.

If YOU want to roll over and lick the jackboots of the cop's, be my guest. But NEVER say that citizens should be under some pressure to conform to ' niceness ' standards that also take our rights away. Thats stupidity on steroids.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

perhaps this should be taken to a political board... lets face it chaps, its not really about the gadgets anymore is it!

;0)

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Great post eyewitness86. I agree with everything you said, but at the same time, living in America I would rather have our comps armed with “sick sticks” and vomit inducing lights then guns.

Why? Because as you’ve said, “Officer Dummbutt” with a gun and a twitchy trigger finger I is worse then a monkey with a grenade.

These are the guys that pepper spray people until blindness and respiratory failure, and taser then to death. Amidst all this American “freedom”, police simply torture and execute people right on the streets on daily bases.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by iskander

Agreed, but now the cop's have the guns AND the other toys as well. It does not remove a worse one: Dumbutt still has the gun, and if he decides to grab it first and not the flashlight then someone will get shot, rather than blinded and confused.

Maybe we could come up with a scientifically programmed set of flashing lights that we could activate when a cop stops us so by the time they get to the window they would forget why they were there!! Remember the scnene from the Cheech and Chong movie where the stoned motorcycle cop stops the pair in the van made of weed? That kind of reaction would be great!!

Seriously tho: If citizens are going to be at the mercy of cop's with hardware that can cause brain seizures maybe we need some technology developed to counter it: Maybe a counter-light that negates the effects. Necessity is the mutha of invention!!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I am an inventor and major tinkerer and I am planning on making some nice wrap around sunglasses using a commercially available adjustable electronic welding helmet lens that in microseconds auto dims up to a shade 12 which is suitable to shield welding flashes, I'm 51 years old, a master mechanic and have patents pending years ago of Luxeon emitter equipped flashlights, I was a member of Candlepower forums for years but now I just lurk there as its just a haven for Chinese manufacturers and some occasional true modders nowadays.

There are quite a few of newer Cree emitters flashlights available on ebay for the interested buyer with strobes. The real trick is to find a strobe speed matching like what some japanese cartoons tried to use years ago that created spasms in certain people.

Now I just tossed a good cookie about these flash glasses to any wannabe modders, thats fine by me, its almost as good as the anti-taser vest I have in a project book.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Here is some great news!! Now our ' protectors' are getting these flashlights that make people sick and disoriented.

What does it do, project the latest Will Ferrell movie?
ZING!

now that's a wmd for sure.

Sorry for the one liner but that post was awesome

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

reply to post by BlueRaja

There is nothing the same about authority and calling cop's nakmes like SIR and such crap. YOU said that we should all be extra polite and make sure that we impress the cop's with our manners, right? So I am saying that it is NOT right or necessary to act like you are talking to some drill instructor just because they have a badge.

Your example exceeded what I was suggesting was the proper way to respond to a cop. Look- I don't want to give away the 4th or 5th Amendment rights/protections either- I don't like being inconvenieced either. Here's a link discussing traffic stops and the law-

law.freeadvice.com...

"It is unreasonable to make a search of an automobile when the arrest is for a minor traffic violation (like speeding), as a subterfuge for a search for evidence of a serious crime. Yet, the many automobile exceptions are based on the lower expectation to the right of privacy in a car versus a home and the fact that cars are mobile and evidence can be more readily disposed"

The example you gave changed the subject from the type of scenarios that had been previously been mentioned. My point though was that if you are courteous to a cop, even if you think they're exceeding their mandates, you're much less likely to suffer the negative consequences that you fear that they have planned for you(i.e. if you don't escalate the situation, the likelihood that any of their toys will be used on you will be greatly lessened.) You have to pick your battles. If in every confrontation you have with a cop, you give off a F the Man attitude, you will expose yourself to a lot more grief. If you are involved in a protest, you have to be aware of local ordinances(i.e. do I need a permit?)- if you need one, and don't have one, you can expect some grief from police. If you have one but are exceeding what that permit authorizes(i.e. variance in location, time, hostility/disturbing the peace, vandalism of property, trespassing, etc..) you can expect grief from police. We do have a right to peaceably assemble, but if rioting is what you have in mind, that's not a 1st Amendment right. When I said selfish, what I was getting at was that you weren't looking at the big picture. The reason a cop expects prompt compliance is that you aren't necessarily the only person they need to deal with( they have a greater responsibility to society at large), and don't have time to sit and argue with you, when they have additional responsibilities to attend to. If you have 10,000 people and 400 cops, how much time to you think it reasonable that any one person can take from a cop, who's trying to ensure that order is maintained.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
What does it take to get thru? The POINT is that we are NOT supposed to have to kowtow to a cop to get treated correctly. If a doctor or other professional treated you like a cop does you would have a complain to the licesning board on the way fast. but for some reason cop's are supposed to be bowed to.

WHY should we have to rely on some cop's attitude? If they are professional, and the vast majority of them are NOT, then we as citizens should NEVER have to feel like we are beneath them and have to kiss their posteriors to get the proper treatment from them. I am NOT talking about giving some cop a hard time for no reason, I am talking about the FACT that MOST cop's are liars and bluffers and ask us to give up our rights. you are saying that we should place them in a special category, as if their opinion about our attitudes makes any difference; legally it does NOT.

If cop's acted on the streets like they do in court when they are polite and well mannered and seemingly sincere, we would have far fewer issue with them. But when they get on the streets, they turn into Mr. Hyde and abuse us and harrass us. In court they perjure themselves all day long and act as if they had nothing in mind but doing their jobs, but that is all an act.

WHY should I have to BUTTER up some cop so he will do his job properly? Should we all assume that with all ' professionals ' that we have to make them happy and thinking that we are beneath them before they do their jobs right? Do you worry about your surgeon purposely screwing you up because you didn't say SIR or MA'AM to them before the operation? No? Why not? If being ' polite ' means that you will get better results from professional. why doesn't some publication come out and say so, so fewer people will have bad results?

Of course there is NO NEED to kowtow and genuflect and kiss the ring of the Popish God figure that Americans elevate to sainthood because they wear a badge and gun. WHY do Americans have this love affair with cop's? The TV COPS show was the worst example of indoctrination one could imagine, or the best, depending on your motive. Watching cop's routinely violating the rights of the people gets them thinking that it is Ok and legal...it is NOT!! Warrantless searches, false arrests, perjury, lying to citizens constantly, that is what the cops' are and what they do, they are NOT the good guys, they are the OTHER bad guys!!

ONLY by close supervision ( civilian ) of the cop's will we ever get to the point where we actually can use the rights that we have. They cannot be trusted and they cannot be believed, so why on earth should we do anything they ask? ONLY an attorney can handle dealing with the forces of illegality, and that means that all you have to do is say NO, mean it, and never back down. You WILL win.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I understand the hole "Terrorist" thing. But when in American history has a "terrorist" charged at the police in the streets with c4 strapped to his body yelling allah allah. This is why I believe our government set up 911, So they can introduce new things and say its to combat "terrorists" that otherwise we would not have put up with pre 911. You gotta look at the big picture for their master plan people.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
hahaha wow.... Looks like some poeple just got too many tickets in their life. Close supervision by civilians? Are you serious? Who do you think supervises the police departments right now? Satan? Poeple get too worked up just because they had bad past experiences with the authorites. Cops have to deal with so many poeple's crap that they have no time to argue with some unruly and ignorant poeple. You either comply or you dont. You dont have to bend over and take it from a cop. You dont even have to address them sir or mam. You simply just do what they ask, which is probably a simple license and registration please. License and registration?What? This is outrageous!!! This is ridiculous, I have rights!!! I'm an American dammit. What have I done officer.lol seriously. He pulled you over for a reason. Just be polite like you would do to any other person and you won't have nothing to worry about, except of course, unless you do have some grass in that car, or your breath just wreaks of hager bombs, or you've really been speeding. Then I'll worry

But who are we joking? All cops are "evil" and are out there trying to get you to make your life a living hell.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Fingon

you obviously have little real life experience. Most police departments are overseen very little by civilians. Most of the time the cop's want to investigate themselves and they HATE civilian oversight. If you do not know this than no wonder you have all your facts wrong.

Cops pull people over all the time, thousands of times every day, for no reason whatsoever. They simply want to toss the car, and get an easy bust. Most cop's will pull over 100 cars a week and ask all drivers for consent to search. Most drivers are cowards and uineducated about their rights and give in. A small percentage of those will have some petty contraband and get arrested for it, thus gicing the cop's an easy arrest, a sure conviction, and an easy paycheck.

But, and I am NOT suprised that you totally miss the issue, the point is this: OUR attitude should make NO DIFFERENCE to a PROFESSIONAL. If we are smiling and shuffling and doing a dance for them and smiling and saying " Yassuh " all day that should NOT make us less likley to have our rights abused!! If you cannot see that then it is hopeless and you are beyond educating.

You are assuming things NOT in evidence: like cop's being honest and law abiding in the first place: That is fantasy. MOST cop's,99%, will perjure themselves on the stand to get am conviction. MOST will cover up for the crimes of fellow cop's. MOST will bend and break the law to get petty arrests. MOST will abuse rights and lie to citizens about what rights they have.

You are DEAD WRONG about every fascet of your post. Cop's DO violate the law, and routinely. How could hundreds of lawyers around the nation make a living from ONLY police misconduct cases if cop's are so nice and fair and kind and professional? What the truth is, is this:

Those who lower themselves to try and get on the ' good side ' of some pig are the same one's that will be suprised and shocked when they find out that all their worship and bowing and humility will avail them NOTHING: Cop's do not care about your acting lower than them, they disrespect all except force and lawsuits. Thats it. I will stand strong and firm and you can practice smiling and bowing in front of a mirror in case some thug cop hassles you, I will be prepared to take him to the mats, or to court, to stop the violation of my rights.

Illegal actions CAN be legally resisted, including the use of force. You CAN legall fight off and resist with force all cop's that are acting in violation of the law. If more people acted to protect themselves, fewer cop's would violate our rights. It is high time we took them back!!

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Fingon

But, and I am NOT suprised that you totally miss the issue, the point is this: OUR attitude should make NO DIFFERENCE to a PROFESSIONAL. If we are smiling and shuffling and doing a dance for them and smiling and saying " Yassuh " all day that should NOT make us less likley to have our rights abused!! If you cannot see that then it is hopeless and you are beyond educating.

You are assuming things NOT in evidence: like cop's being honest and law abiding in the first place: That is fantasy. MOST cop's,99%, will perjure themselves on the stand to get am conviction. MOST will cover up for the crimes of fellow cop's. MOST will bend and break the law to get petty arrests. MOST will abuse rights and lie to citizens about what rights they have.

Could you provide the evidence that shows that 99% cops are abusive, lying perjurers, with no ethics, that will do absolutely anything to make an arrest?

Why should you be polite to a cop?- because they have been put in a position of authority, and charged with enforcement of laws. This is different than a doctor, accountant, etc... those are professionals yes, but not authority figures. I can't figure out why you think being polite=kowtowing, or that you will be treated the same regardless of whether you're polite. Cops by their nature have to deal with the dregs of society on a daily basis, so they're really not in the mood to take crap from someone that wants to get uppity and challenge them. The time to challenge them is in court, if they're out of line. Plenty of cops get in hot water if they mistreat people. It's just you hear about the other cases more often due to the sensationalistic nature of journalism.
The bottom line- you may not be able to control how others behave, but you can control how you behave. I guarantee you, if you try to use the excuse that force against cops is justified, if they ask if they can look in your car, things aren't gonna go well for you. They'd have to be doing a far more grevious injustice than that, before that would ever benefit your defense in court. I'm always polite with cops, and while that hasn't necessarily kept me from getting a ticket, it has kept me from having any police hardware used on me(In a few cases is has kept me out of trouble though).

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join