It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Short Story Competition.:Results

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Midnight on the 14th was the deadline for entries for the Short Story Competition.So no more entries will be excepted.

I just want to explain briefly the judging.

Seekerof and Myself are judging.

Each story is awarded a mark out of ten for Writing.This is not just the nuts and bolts,spelling and grammer,but a general score based on how well the story was written.

Each story is awarded marks out of 10 for Story.These points are awarded on the basis of how good the story is.

Each story is awarded marks out of 5 for it's association with the Green Forums.5 points for a very clear association,0 for no association.

This then gives a score out of 25.

Mine and Seekerof's scores are then added together and finally doubled to give a final score out of 100.

I can tell you that most of the scores have already been calculated.The final results should be up this evening.

The quality is very high and,so far,it is very close.No one who entered has any reason to feel bad if they do not make the top three and get a share of the points and remember these results are only the reflection of both mine and Seekerof's views.

Goodluck to everyone involved.You'll hear more later.

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Thank you John for the explanation of the "how" of the competition!!

Good luck all entrants - thanx for the brilliant stories!!

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
yeah good luck everyone

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Yeah this may be the start of a beautiful career for those talented writers at ATS!

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
OK,Thankyou for your patience.I can now put everyone out of their misery.

On another thread we agreed that first place would get 6,000 points,Second would get 3,000 points and third would get 1,000.

I've explained above how the result was calculated.Luckily we do have a clear winner.

It is...........................

(MSSS) - A True Story of "Something" Inside of Me. --- by ScienceGuyQ

90%

Congratulations ScienceGuyQ!

The next places are more difficult as we had 4 stories on 88%.

They were:

(MSSS) Spontaneous Human Combustion ---by Genya

88%

MSSS: Mechanics of a Cataclysm --- by DeusEx

88%

(MSSS)- One of Those Nights ---by DeusEx

88%

MSSS - Best Friends Forever --- by worldwatcher

88%

So as there is 4,000 points left in the kitty I think it is fair to award 1,000 points for each of the four stories.

If any member wishes to find out how each of their stories faired then U2U me but remember this is for fun so no death threats,OK?

Congratulations to all.The standard was very high indeed and,as ever,it was difficult for the judges.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Hi John!!

Very many thanx to Seekerof and yourself for having the unenviable task of selecting the winner of thsi fantastic competition!!! It certainly made *me want to start writing again!!

Very many congratutlations to SGQ for an enthralling story which still leaves a lot of unanswered (and unanswerable) questions and praise to all entrants - I thoroughly enjoyed your stories very much!! Thanx too, to all the readers of the submissions!!

...And, to keep ww happy, I'll continue to write more about Herr Love and the Irish book....

Well done everybody!!

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Congratulations ScienceGuy
told you it was good story

Genya, Deusx, congrats to both of you too

and thank you for considering my story and finding it even worthy to be in the top five.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Well done to all the winners

man that must of been very hard to judge they were all amazingly good!!

Well done again All!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Congratulations to the winners! Hopefully I might be able to dish out something a little better next time around to get my name on that list.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well done, everyone.

Congrats to Scienceguy, it was well deserved.

Everyone who entered, very good. Great stories by everyone.

DE

top topics

join