It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornadoes Rake Southern U.S., Killing at Least 31, Injuring Dozens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Tornadoes Rake Southern U.S., Killing at Least 31, Injuring Dozens

www.foxnews.com

ATKINS, Arkansas — Authorities went door-to-door trying to find additional victims of tornadoes that killed at least 31 people, ripped the roof off a shopping mall and blew apart warehouses as they tore across four states.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This is some breaking news right now. My hearts go out to the people from this states.

These people were caught apparently totally unprepared for this event do to the rarity of this storms ocurring at this time of the year, just sad.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I just woke up to this terrible news and now the severe weather is moving to my neck of the woods in GA.

This is a record in this area for February, the weather has been just incredible, if we had at least one entire week since winter started of freezing temperatures that will be too much.

It feels like summer right now, yesterday I was wearing my tank tops and sandals.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Scary thing is you really can't prepare for a tornado. Sure you can take cover and hide, but if your home is in the direct path, there's no avoiding damage. I have to say though, the warnings were out yesterday that the potential was there for this significant outbreak. In the webbot thread it was mentioned that "wind" would play a part in the late winter, early spring and I mentioned the words "tornado season".. interesting.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Terrible the death toll is rising,

The latest is 48, My gosh i feel so sorry for the people in the affected area's and i hope that all our ats members in them areas are ok and safe,

And goodness look at this fireballthat follows the torando,

edition.cnn.com...#/video/us/2008/02/06/sotvo.tn.tornado.explosion.wsmv

news.sky.com...

The storms have been tearing across Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi and Alabama, overturning trucks, trapping people, ripping up houses, smashing cars and uprooting trees.

The city of New Orleans and the state of Georgia are also now under tornado warning.

Please take care all who are possibley in the path of this,

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The storms seem to have fired up into severe activity in north central Arkansas just east of my own location. Local news shows heavy damage, though most assessments are just now coming in due to the fact that daylight was needed to really see how bad this was.

Some communities are harder hit than others. My understanding is that a total of 9 "touchdowns" were recorded in Arkansas alone, with a total of 69 "touchdowns" across the southern states. These numbers may go higher as the day progresses.

My heartfelt sympathy to those who have lost loved ones, and my best wishes to all for a speedy recovery for those many injured in these killer storms.

Our hearts are with you all jn this time of trouble.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
They painted up the sky all day yesterday, knowing full well they were causing tornadoes. They predicted it in advance even. They also new well that it was election day...and they're saying some Tennessee polls closed early because of the weather... I call it premeditated murder.

These people that are dieing don't even know what they're dieing for. I keep seeing multiple government, spraying induced, chemnadoe casualty deaths all around me. The children in the Alabama high school. The children in the Mississippi elementary school. Hell, I recorded the last government-spraying chemnadoe outbreak in time lapse and posted it to youtube.
www.youtube.com...

Are these people getting some sort of heroes' burial? They are victims...war victims. Weather wars brought to us by the government. What the # is going on to where this is justifiable?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
When was the last time we had so many tornadoes in a day? I remember something similar to this a few years ago. And possible many decades ago.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

When was the last time we had so many tornadoes in a day? I remember something similar to this a few years ago. And possible many decades ago.

According to news its been 20 years since one like this and in winter,

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well the band of bad weather is passing over my neck of the woods now, is dark, ugly and so far no hail but its been hail in other areas, my husband came early from work, he said, that rather be at home on bad weather than get it in the road.

Is over 70 degrees.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I expected to find this thread on the top, I found it at the bottom. Weather this extreme at this time of year is rare indeed.

new topics

top topics

join