It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia suspicious over Iran test

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk

Russia thinks the launch of an Iranian rocket into space raises suspicion over the true aim of its nuclear programme, a foreign ministry official has said.
"Long-range missiles are one of the components of a [nuclear] weapons system," Deputy Foreign Minister Alexander Losyukov told Interfax.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
NEWS: Russia, Iran Sign Nuclear Deal

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
This was a little surprising to read. Russia has had a long history of trade with Iran. So to one of the officials be suspicious over a there missile test, was a little surprising. I wonder if this now might lead to a change in attitudes toward Iran.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

sty

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
i am surprised too - as i expected that Russia provided the tech for both - nuclear and space programs..

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

Yes as I recall that they did. This is not going to play out any time soon although be it as always, it is something to at least be aware of.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sty
i am surprised too - as i expected that Russia provided the tech for both - nuclear and space programs..

exactly what i was going to say.i suspect they are covering thier backs incase criticism comes thier way for selling such technology.

it is clear theres a mass media agenda to paint iran as a dangerous rogue nation,much like the propaganda in the lead up to the iraq catastrophe.looks like psy ops are at it again!.

if enough people buy it,theyl go to war.

also i would like to add,there was alot evidence that the elections that allowed ahmijinedad into power were rigged and such,yet i heard no criticism anywhere,why?,the us wanted him in,someone they could paint as an extremest to further thier dark empire plans.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Russia needs that oil income and helping to continue tensions in the middle east keeps the price of oil skyhigh. seems a good strategy.
pretty stupid to supply arms to a country and act "surprised" when they start testing them..?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I suspect that Russia could be under pressure from the USA. It seems strange for them to say this after all thieir backing.Why would they jeopardize their (strong?) trade relations? Strange things are happening at the moment...

sty

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
news are building up - MOSAD claims that Iran will have A-bobmb capability in 3 days etc- just look at the headlines on ATS. So , in my opinion the reaction of Russia is indeed the reuslt of the international media on Iran . Russia would stand as the "evil one" and in the end they will have profit from war if they do not involve anyway

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by turbokid
Russia needs that oil income and helping to continue tensions in the middle east keeps the price of oil skyhigh. seems a good strategy.
pretty stupid to supply arms to a country and act "surprised" when they start testing them..?

High oil prices aren't necessarily good for the Russian economy. See this article in the Daily Telegraph for an interesting perspective.

I agree this is strange of Russia to effectively backtrack what they've been saying about Iran. I wonder what they know that made them change their mind.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Im sory didnt isreal jut test fire a missl acoupl weeks ag tha landed in the Iran sea.

So if isreal tets its all god but if Iran tests there terrorist thk for clarifying
God bless Iran and I hope isreal stop its constant warmongering.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

High oil prices aren't necessarily good for the Russian economy. See this article in the Daily Telegraph for an interesting perspective.

That could be correct, but high oil prices are GREAT for people who actually sell oil.And ,oh coincidence, these are the current rulers of Russia. In case of another conflict in the gulf , Chelsea will not be the only one with Russian owners.

Also, this might be the sign of Kosovo not getting it's independance.

BTW, Israeli missile went down in mediterranian sea.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Not really sure I find it surprising. Russia has had close ties with Iran for some time now both are pretty much walking the edge of the shadows together IMO.

If you have to criminals that are being watched one may toss the other out into the light so as to take eyes off of themselves. Basically I think Russia is speaking out because they want to draw attention off of what they are doing.

Actually Russia and Iran maybe working this together after all both are watched close enough. Why would they not work this together to get a few extra eyes off of bigger plans?

Drawing attention away from oneself is one of the older tricks in the book.

Or it could be that Russia understands that Iran has some power and cannot be fully trusted.

Anyway just an idea.

Raist

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOmaskedman
Im sory didnt isreal jut test fire a missl acoupl weeks ag tha landed in the Iran sea.

I am not familiar with a recent test from Israel. But if you want to make the comparison of the two post the link to the information.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You got this off a bbc website, a company russia does not like. What do you expect the to say.

The bbc is a nasty piece of work, and you people think its british so it must be ok, why?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sty
news are building up - MOSAD claims that Iran will have A-bobmb capability in 3 days etc-

Can you give me a link to this story? Thanks.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sty

Similar to what I've stated on several other threads, it amazes me that russia would help iran will all this nuclear and missile technology when the first and biggest infidel that iran could use both on would be ------> russia!

Hard to imagine a more foolish strategy than that.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Well, here's the story in the in the Moscow Times. Presumably there's some truth in it if the Russian media is saying the same thing.

There's also a bit more information in The Guardian

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
what's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander...

Israel test nuke capable missile that could hit Iran

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
We now have a couple people trying to deflect this into a thread about Israel.

The original title is "Russia suspicious over Iran test". OK?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

news.bbc.co.uk

... a foreign (Russian) ministry official has said.
"Long-range missiles are one of the components of a [nuclear] weapons system," Deputy Foreign Minister Alexander Losyukov told Interfax.

Russia isn't getting suddenly 'aware',
they weren't dumbed down about anything with Iran's strategic power plays...

I see the announcement as Russia just ->rubbing Salt into the wound!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join