It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should fluoride be forced upon us? - UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Should fluoride be forced upon us? - UK

news.bbc.co.uk

Health Secretary Alan Johnson is calling for fluoride to be added to England's water supplies in the hope of reducing tooth decay among some of society's poorest and most vulnerable.
But fluoridation strikes a particular ethical nerve. While the smoker can still nip outside for his cigarette, no-one can escape regulations which alter the water they drink.

To its critics it is forced, mass medication, the sure benefits of which may pale in comparison to the uncertain consequences - including cancer, infertility and Down's Syndrome.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Personally I'm against this sort of mass medication, which ministers take on themselves to pass into law without so much as a by your leave to the electorate.

Yes there are benefits, but do the benefits outweigh the risks?

It's also difficult to "opt out" unless you want to spend a fortune on bottled water - most of which comes from out own water supply anyway, at least from companies like pepsi.

This may be just the tip of the iceberg - who knows what they could put in the drinking water supply in the future, "for our own good", particularly as they advocating use in poor area's but not affluent ones.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/2/2008 by budski]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
perhaps if they stop putting sugar into everything then there would be a lot less tooth decay.

i don't like sugary things yet i am forced to eat it in pretty much all foods nowadays. i would like sugar free alternatives and by that, i don't mean replacing the sugar with aspartame or phenylalanine - a neurotoxin which i have been seeing added to many foods recently

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Hell no! Fight that one tooth and nail once its in its nigh impossible to get rid of. Where are they sourcing the fluoride from? Regardless, it's only good for teeth if applied topically a la toothpaste. Fight this insidious affront to your health and liberty! Google "nazi fluoride" and make up your own mind...

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
This is something you should at least be aware of when your drinking your watter. Fluoride is poisonous. If you have read any of the threads on medications you will know there is often as much harm as good. Which is what the drug companies seem to always want.

In high concentrations, soluble fluoride compounds are toxic. 5 grams of pure sodium fluoride will kill most adult humans; a lethal dose is approximately 70 mg per kilogram of body mass. The acute toxic dose of fluoride is believed to be from 2 to 8 milligrams per kilogram of body weight with lethal doses reported with levels of 16mg/kg in children and 32-64mg/kg in adults.
sorce

Fluoride has also been used for other things. Such as a way to control the masses.

This scheme was to control the population in any given area through mass medication of drinking water. In this scheme, sodium fluoride occupied a prominent place.

"Repeated doses of infinitesimal amounts of fluoride will in time reduce an individual's power to resist domination by slowly poisoning and narcotising a certain area of the brain, and will thus make him submissive to the will of those who wish to govern him.

"Both the Germans and the Russians added fluoride to the drinking water of prisoners of war to make them stupid and docile." sorce

I'm not trying to scare you. But the is all kinds of information out there on fluoride, and its all pretty bad. I have not started buying bottled watter my self. Although I know people who have. I guess time will tell all.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Flouride is poisonus.

And you do not need it in your water or toothpaste.

So, did you find any toothpaste brands, that do not have flouride?

It is hard.

But I use this one:

KingFisher Toothpaste

It contains no flouride, artificial colourings, flavourings, sweeteners or preservatives.

Instead, they use natural ingredients like real fennel, real lemons and real peppermint.

Try it.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
thanks for that, i'll check out that toothpaste.

i heard about this a while ago and told my mother about it, and she said that there's already flouride in the water supply..

is this true?

if so is it that they are wanting to increase the amount of flouride in the supply?

either way i think it's completely wrong. in my opinion it is nothing more than to make the mass public stupid and docile.. they care about our teeth? yeah right. that should be none of their buisness regardless.

how sick.

this film comes to mind - curse of the golden flower. it's about an emperor who forces his empress to drink a poison regularly, disguised as medicine, to make her stupid and powerless.

if this happens i'll stop drinking tap water.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by tetragrammation]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yes it is true, its mainly the midlands at present who add fluoride to the water and after seeing a dramatic reduction in tooth decay in the areas who receive this water they now want to roll it out nationwide.

You guys really need to get this image of loads of chemicals being added by the truck load, its one part fluoride for every million of water; it’s nothing.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I am 15 and pretty certain my area has flouride in the water, and I disagree with most things about our government so if it is meant to make us stupid and easier to control, it doesn't work.

Most of my friends agree with me in disliking the government and they all recieve the same water supply so...

sty

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
i do not see any economy in this ! It is proven that flouride increases the risk for bones-cancer + other suspected side-effects. This chem. is used in agriculture to kill rats ! So, less teeth problems with the price of more chimeo-therapy?? I do not see any economy . It is not about money - it is about making people DUMB .

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I wanted to chime in here as I did in the other UK fluoride thread found here:Fluoride in the UK and bring to attention the idea that fluoride accumulates within the pineal gland.

Up until the 1990s, no research had ever been conducted to determine the impact of fluoride on the pineal gland - a small gland located between the two hemispheres of the brain that regulates the production of the hormone melatonin. Melatonin is a hormone that helps regulate the onset of puberty and helps protect the body from cell damage caused by free radicals.

It is now known - thanks to the meticulous research of Dr. Jennifer Luke from the University of Surrey in England - that the pineal gland is the primary target of fluoride accumulation within the body.

Luke found that animals treated with fluoride had lower levels of circulating melatonin, as reflected by reduced levels of melatonin metabolites in the animals' urine. This reduced level of circulating melatonin was accompanied - as might be expected - by an earlier onset of puberty in the fluoride-treated female animals.

Source

Unfortunately, no further studies have been done to verify or expand the hypothesis presented by Dr. Luke, but her findings are disturbing enough to warrent further investigation into this toxin.

Quite frankly, I believe there are alot better ways to fight tooth decay than adding an industrial waste to the water. Education comes to mind...

For those who follow the more fringe theories on the pineal gland, you can understand why fluoride is such a threat to the growth of human conciousness. In my mind, it is chemical warfare.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Thirst

The amount of fluoride being placed in the water isnt exactly the major concern, its the fact that fluoride accumulates in calcified tissues to potentially toxic levels thats the issue.

Its drawbacks far outweigh its benefits.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Excuse my ignorance but isn't fluoride already present in the water supply here in the US?

Just something I heard but doesn't fluoride make the mind more seseptibale to thinks like advertising? Not to mention it is toxic...like members have previously stated

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Roland Deschain

Yes fluoride is in the water here in the U.S. and it's very prevalent. There are some filters that you can attach to the faucet that will filter out most chemicals but most of them do not remove fluoride. You need to find the specific one(s) that do.

I think that a lot of bottled waters have added fluoride but keep in mind that bottled water is also somewhat toxic because of the plastic containers.

Fluoride is very toxic and also can cause thyroid disorders.

As far as toothpaste goes, I buy organic toothpaste at Whole Foods. You can also lookup your brand of toothpaste on the Cosmetics database to see how toxic or safe it is. www.cosmeticsdatabase.com...

[edit on 6-2-2008 by annestacey]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
As well as the toxicity of flouride as it builds up in the body, we have another question here - that of government forcing what THEY want onto the populace.

This flouride question is in no small amount due to the governments disastrous policy on NHS dentists.

Instead of fixing the problem they created, they want to pump us all full of chemicals instead.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Like I said, I've heard of fluoride making the mind more susceptible to things like advertising and subliminal messaging. Now I have no idea if this is true or not but if it is it makes perfect sense to me why "they" would want flouride to be added to the UKs water supply and why there already IS fluoride in the USs water supply. "They" want to brain wash us, control us.

Felt it necassary to put quotes around they.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
In my town, you would have to be nuts to drink the tap water. I don't know how they hell they get away with charging us for it, to be honest. If you have whites, they will not be white after 3-4 loads of wash, and you cannot hardly wash your car without spots. It has actually run out of the tap either black, red, or brown on many, many occasions. And you can see stuff floating in it.

We all drink R/O water around here (it is big business). I like distilled, actually...less metallic taste.

But the R/O doesn't get rid of flouride. Distilling does, as does most spring water.

new topics

top topics

join