It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1974 Coyame, Mexico Incident Inquiry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I am trying to find more information in regards to an incident that occured in 1974 in Coyame, Mexico when a civilian aircraft, tracked by radar, collided with an Unknown aircraft and crashed. I have scoured the net, but I'm hoping for some definitive info from ATS members.

I would appreciate any info, from both sides, Skeptics and Ufologists.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Not sure, but hope it helps

On 25 Aug 74, at 2207 hrs, US Air Defense radar detected an unknown object approaching US airspace from the Gulf of Mexico. Originally the object was tracked at 2,200 (2,530 mph) knots on a bearing of 325 degrees and at an altitude of 75,000 feet, a course that would intercept US territory about forty miles southwest of Corpus Christi, Texas. After approximately sixty seconds of observation, at a position 155 miles southeast of Corpus Christi, the object decelerated to approximately 1700 (1,955 mph) knots, turned to a heading of 290 degrees, and began a slow descent. It entered Mexican airspace approximately forty miles south of Brownsville, Texas. Radar tracked it approximately 500 miles to a point near the town of Coyame, in the state of Chihuahua, not far from the US border. There the object suddenly disappeared from the radar screens.
During the flight over Mexican airspace, the object leveled off at 45,000 feet, then descended to 20,000 feet. The descent was in level steps, not a smooth curve or straight line, and each level was maintained for approximately five minutes.

The object was tracked by two different military radar installations. It would have been within range of Brownsville civilian radar, but it is assumed that no civilian radar detected the object due to a lack of any such reports. The point of disappearance from the radar screens was over a barren and sparsely populated area of Northern Mexico. At first it was assumed that the object had descended below the radar's horizon and a watch was kept for any re-emergence of the object. None occurred.

Read more here

This is the story of a UFO crash involving a civilian aircraft over Mexico. Passed down by word of mouth the people of Coyame believe this story is true, this is their story.
On the evening of 25th August 1974 the US Air Defense radar detected a UFO about to cross into American airspace coming up from the Golf of Mexico. The object was tracked at speeds of up to 2500 mph at an altitude of 75,000 feet. Continuing on this course the object would enter US airspace over Texas.

At first it was thought that the object may be a meteor. However while over Mexico the UFO leveled at 45,000 feet, descended to 20,000 feet, leveling for 5 minutes at each altitude. After tracking the object for about a minute the UFO slowed to 1900 mph and began to descend and turn at the same time. The descent was “stepped” and not curved as a meteor would have been. Also the speed of the object changed, a meteor would not have changed speed on descent, i.e. slowed.

On entering Mexican airspace about 40 miles south of Brownsville, Texas, the US continued to track the object until it disappeared from the radar screens close to the town of Coyame, in the state of Chihuahua.

Two military radar stations tracked the object while it made its descent. When the UFO disappeared from the radar it was assumed that it had just gone below the radars detection range. No one expected this to be a UFO crash landing. The object failed to return onto the radar screens.

Read more here

[edit on 6/2/2008 by internos]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks for the info.

I see there is/was no documentation. Which makes me wonder what was the source of the story? Is there any truth to it?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Shame on me, I'm Mexican and I didn't even know about this. Thanks for the information.

Cheers

[edit on 6-2-2008 by linuxman2k3]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hi there,

There is a book on this case that can be purchased on Amazon.com

Mexico's Roswell

new topics

top topics

join