It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American politics at all time low

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Obama would start out great. Choke on a few pretzels while thinking out of the box and get a few scrapes being put back in the box.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Its all a facade anyways......I wonder, is Obama a Mason? Werent all the presidents Masons? Now that Im thinking about it I wonder who else thats running is a Mason?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Brrrr....don't scare me like that solar. Talking bad about the masons on this site is taboo. Or point elimanators.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I too could not bring myself to vote this primary season because I felt that all the candidates were awful in their own little way, and I'll demonstrate why I believe this.

GOP: Nobody on this side wants to get us out of Iraq, with the exception of Dr. Paul, and I strongly disagree with Paul's pro-economic protectionism stances and also his belief that we should abolish things like the Department of Energy.

Dems: Hillary Clinton and Obama are slavishly pro-Israel, not to mention that Clinton is mind-blowingly corrupt. Edwards looked OK, but he has a very ill wife and I don't think he can focus on the job of running the country because of that. Kucinich is also an economic protectionist. Gravel looked interesting for awhile, but I feel his proposal of a national sales tax would penalize the poor.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
All I can say is that if you think the current political situation in the United States is lousy, then you just haven't lived long enough. Over the years, I've seen it fluctuate between laughable, miserable, awful and downright crappy.

But I'm generally apolitical and not backing a particular party. If you're a hard-core Democrat or Republican, then you're only going to be unhappy half the time, when the "other guy" wins. If bad things happen you can always blame the other party for not getting with the program. If you aren't affiliated, then both parties will always look like jokes.

Fortunately for the U.S., the country isn't run by the politicians. It's run by the millions of faceless bureaucrats who keep their jobs no matter who is in office, and who want to keep things nice and calm and productive as much as they can, so they can keep getting their good paychecks and benefits.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Agreed nohup. I'd give my left testcicle to bring back the whips. Two real annointed segments aren't working any more.
(whips as in electoral kind not the leather kind)

[edit on 15-2-2008 by jpm1602]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join