It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long until this occurs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   

VeriChip is a miniaturized, implantable radio frequency identification device (RFID) that has the potential to be used in a variety of security, financial, and other applications. About the size of a grain of rice, each VeriChip product contains a unique verification number and will be available in several formats. The verification number is captured by briefly passing a proprietary scanner over the VeriChip. A small amount of radio frequency energy passes from the scanner energizing the dormant VeriChip, which then emits a radio frequency signal transmitting the verification number.

I tried going to this chips homepage but it told me access is forbidden and I'm not authorized. Anyways if u wanna read the rest of the article click
[Edited on 15-2-2004 by USAFSF]

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Sorry I was editing my post and everytime I'd change something it would delete the rest of my post. Sorry for replying to my own thread but I wanted to make the link clickable. What are your thoughts? true or false? anyways heres the link Let me know what u think. Thanks

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm guessing within 5 years but it could be as long as 9 years based upon the 2012 timeline.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The microchips should be commonplace but not compulsory in about 5 years. I imagine it will be required for almost everything we do within 10 years. It won't have to be mandatory if you can't do anything or get in anywhere without it.

[Palm Beach Post - 12/20/01] PALM BEACH -- Today's security measures don't work very well, says Richard Sullivan, CEO of the Palm Beach-based tech company Applied Digital Solutions, pointing to the Sept. 11 terror attacks on New York and Washington.
He's says he's got a better idea: a microchip instead of a green card. Foreigners who pass through customs or immigration could be injected with the chip, allowing officials to monitor their activities better and keep terrorists out..In five years, Sullivan said he can see the chips being used in children, the elderly, prisoners, and by employers at facilities such as airports and nuclear plants. Society in general could use them instead of ATM or credit cards, he said.
www.refuseandresist.org...

"The Company recently unveiled VeriPass(tm) and VeriTag(tm), which will allow airport and port security personnel to link a VeriChip subscriber to his or her luggage (both during check-in and on the airplane), flight manifest logs and airline or law enforcement software databases."

First VeriGuard� system now installed and functioning
VeriGuard-S.A.C. reader consists of a high-powered RFID antenna encased in a durable plastic panel that can be mounted near a doorway or building entrance. The VeriGuard-S.A.C. scanner �reads� a passing subdermal VeriChip by emitting a low-frequency radio signal and receiving a return radio signal sent by the VeriChip�s transponder.
The...VeriGuard-S.A.C. system works together to authenticate personnel who are authorized to enter a given building or facility and unlock a secure doorway if the person has authorized access. The VeriGuard-S.A.C. panel can also be placed in strategic locations within a building or facility to �track� the location and movements of authorized personnel inside a secure area.
All potential VeriGuard applications represent variations on the theme of preventing unauthorized access to physical premises of all kinds (including commercial/government facilities and even residential buildings); to bank and other financial accounts; to consumer electronic devices, including everything from personal computers and laptops to automobiles.

In addition to potential homeland security applications, the Company is exploring the integration of VeriGuard solutions into existing residential security systems...
www.adsx.com...

So if you want to drive your car, get into your apartment building, or access your bank account, you will have to "get chipped".

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I actually made quite a bit of money off Applied Digital stock a couple of years back and then started getting a really bad feeling about what I was involved in...lol.

Can't help it. It's like the damned mark of the beast. So I intentionally lost everything I made off them...good riddance and all.

The coast guard already uses the "Guardian Angel" chip for their personnel and have been for at least 2-1/2 years. Brazilian cattle ranchers are using them in herds (which I kind of think is a REAL good idea with mad cow and all). And YES, people are getting their dogs, cats and kids chipped...LoJak for your kid.

It isn't when...it's here and has been.

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm in San antonio, TX in the military here. There is already a place down the street where they will implant a verichip in you for about 250.00.... The future si already here. Very interesting in the prior posts though about the coast guard using the chips.. I'll try and look that up.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
www.alientechnology.com

RFID micro chip

My cats already have them. By 2006 most products that carry a UPC code will begin to be shipped with a RFID replacement UPC indentifier.

Mobile Speed Pass is a RFID Veri Chip

Prada currently uses RFID Tags for inventory control in all products.

Its inevitable that most consumer products will have RFID chips within the next few years

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Lemme just say MARK OF THE BEAST ring any bells

new topics

top topics

join