It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shaq traded to the Suns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
sports.espn.go.com...

Its not offical, Shaq has to pass a physical, and thats a big deal for him...

I dont like this trade for the Suns... shaq is too old and too slow...

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
He doesn't even begin to match the Suns style. Yet in the playoffs, the game slows down to a more halfcourt style. If they can get him healthy, he might indeed by useful...

Kinda strange, though.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
if Shaq can get fit though

championship

even my old man knows that a fit Shaq = winning

phoenix isn't far from vegas though and it's night life isn't exactly dead so...i am not saying expect a fit Shaq, just that if he can get fit it's always a great trade to get him, plus he has how many rings? and who else at center is better?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
If Shaq isn't completely over the hill, he gives them a good counter for when teams like the Spurs decide to slow the game down on the Suns. Kind of odd that the Suns would make this move for Shaq since his salary is so large. The Suns owners have made bad trades just to avoid the luxury tax, wonder what brought about the change in philosophy. Gasol to L.A. perhaps?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This realy looks like a desparate move, made because of the Lakers Bringing in Gasol.

Phx sees thier window is closing, and now they want to take a shot at winning it all.

The Lakers Brought in a Star Player to help Kobe, and that Gives Kobe 3 Stars to help him out.

Now the Suns bring in Shaq, who is a Super-Duper-Star, even if he is over the hill and already played his best ball...

Its now a new Kobe vs Shaq...

And the LA v PHX rivialy is not bigger then it ever was...

We get to see Shaq and Bynum in the playoffs...

If you dont remember the first time Shaq and Bynum played each other Here you go

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
TKainZero

that video was great lol

Shaq didn't like that, but the kid was just so excited cause Shaq was THE man and being a center if you can dunk on Shaq you're not too bad of a player

Shaq should have shown some maturity though and dunked on him again then stuffed him instead of the shot he gave him

kinda makes him like like he knows he can't 1 up the kid so he has to resort to that shot he gives him, the one he got wasn't big and he kind of zidane style overreacted

www.youtube.com...

bynum is kind of cool haha

[edit on 6-2-2008 by OSSkyWatcher]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Bynum still has the maturity of a teenager... he will mature more... he needs too...

Heres another clip of his imaturity... Drops the f-bomb on live TV

Mabye he is just impersinating that Shap guy Shaq drops the F-bomb

The diffrence... Bynum was happy and it slipped out, he caught himself, and felt bad... Shaq... well Shaq just tells you how he feels...

And sometimes his head is not in the game... Takes a 3... misses... and gets benched by Jackson...

...And on the Shaq on Bynum dunk... at that momment i knew Bynum had it...

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Phx sees thier window is closing, and now they want to take a shot at winning it all.

I agree... how old is Nash now, 33-34?

I think they will miss marion but Shaq will be valuable in the halfcourt set, as was mentioned. It works well because D'Antoni will try and keep Nash and Shaq together on the floor. Their 2nd unit will be 100% run and gun phoenix ball.

I can tell you Shaq has lost more athleticism since that Shaq-Bynum video (despite watching his weight). If they meet in the playoffs don't be surprised if Bynum gets the best of Shaq.. Think back to Billups killing Gary Payton in the finals a few years ago. He was exposed in the playoffs when everything was magnified. Don't get me wrong... even if Bynum exposes Shaq, he'll still be a force for a couple more years. They don't call him Diesel for nothing.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Shawn Marion is a top player in his prime and worth more than Shaq is worth right now, as much as I like Shaq. I think the Suns made a bad deal. I hope Shaq somehow gets it together though.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Correct me if i am wrong, but isn't Marion the second best player in Fantasy Basketball? (Chris Paul is number 1). And i dont even think Shaq is in the top 150! I know this is REAL basketball... BUT, it just goes to show!

top topics

join