It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Hackers Attack US British & German Networks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Chinese Hackers Attack US British & German Networks

www.youtube.com

The United States, Great Britain, and Germany have logged complaints against the Chinese government for attacks on their computer networks. It is believed that the attacks are being done by Chinese military hackers. The Chinese government has denied all of the accusations, saying that the accusations are coming from a "Cold War Mentality"

President Bush has requested 6 Billion dollars to develop measures to prevent, and detect attacks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Chinese hackers targets U.S. Commerce Department.
Hackers attack Department of Defense Websites.
Titan Rain - how Chinese hackers targeted Whitehall
Chinese govt hackers strip military computers

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
So this is what happens behind the public displays. On one hand they support the US in such matters as breaking banking ties with Iran, while the other hand is dipping deep into the computers of the Pentagon and State department.

Lovely. I wonder if over in China they are reporting the same activity from the CIA.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
The US Government OWNS some of the worlds best hackers, I think this money is going to be used for something totally different internet related.

There is obviously something up.. all of this.. the scientology threats.. things are getting weird.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The Chinese are trying to steal top secret military technology due to the embargo placed on them by Europe and the US, what China can't buy it will steal.

It also has to do with asymetrical warfare, the Chinese want to gain an advantage over the west in information warfare to compensate for the fact that they can't go toe to toe in a conventional war. This is why you read all those articles about the US military wanting to treat the internet as an enemy weapons system and also want to regulate the internet.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This is the perfect excuse the Bush government has been looking for to pass laws to regulate the internet. I have heard so many fears about how the internet is too open and hackers could shut down everything in a second. The so called terrible threat of identity theft didn't convince the public enough that they should let the NSA monitor all of their online activity so maybe some new hack attacks from China will.
There has been a lot of talk from the DoD about hackers being able to shut down the infastructure through the internet as well. Just a few weeks ago the CIA reported extremely vaguely that several cities outside the US had their power grids hacked and shut down.
CIA - Power Grid

The other angle is that this could be the beginning of high tensions and possibly war between the USA and China. China has been threatening for a while that they can dump their trillions of holdings in US dollars at once and cause the dollar to collapse. Because of this I don't think China views the US as a very big threat. They have the whole country by the throat.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I think this is a ploy by the US-Chinese government ALLIANCE. Yes I said it.

The Chinese benefit from US companies like Google censoring their internet. Well, the US benefits from Chinese hackers attacking our networks in hopes the people will cry help us again...

After 9/11 there was a huge surge of Muslim hatred. We had one enemy: Bin Laden.

The whole country unified behind Fuhrer Bush to attack this enemy.

The next enemy is going to be another false flag and this time its going to infringe on even more of our rights.

I've made several threads about the monitoring of US citizens, and not many seem to notice.

There was a recent thread by another poster referring to the US military needing control of the internet.

This may be the next logical step for the PTB.

In my opinion of course.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I find this as conformation that China will not be our Allie in the fabricated WWIII.

The china-hate propaganda is growing.

-lead paint/toys/etc
-American dislike of communism
-They steal our "secrets?"
-anymore anyone?

The U-S-A is WWII Germany in WWIII. The enemy is terrorists this time, not jewish.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I recall hearing last year or maybe the year before that pretty much the same thing.
The report I remember hearing was that a large number of hacks were being detected as hitting government computers and they were coming out of China.

From early this year:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
From 2007:
From 2005:

All have mention of China hacking government computers. I would say they have been at it for quite some time.

Raist

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
well the clintons were in bed with china from early on. hillary worked for and supported walmart by getting them close relationship with china. bringing in the large amount of products in the us that now come from china. once the clintons made it to the white house they then proceded with giving them nuclear secrets so they could build power plants to power the manufacuring plants they now have every where. but nuclear weapons technology also slipped. then came ibm,google,walmarts world of spying (they have a lot of cia and other agency involed in there monitoring and spying on suppliers manufacurers and even protesters)so our goverment knows what there creating just like when they created osama.but whos going to stop them?we cant seem to do it through voting!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Wow I never knew how deep in bed the Clintons were with the Chinese. Not only did the Clintons sell them nuclear secrets but they actually sold them special microchips for "advanced nuclear tipped missles."
Here's an article about the Clinton/China connection I just found. I guess Clinton even took campaign money from a Chinese general in 1996!
Clintons in bed with China

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma
reply to post by JBA2848

Wow I never knew how deep in bed the Clintons were with the Chinese. Not only did the Clintons sell them nuclear secrets but they actually sold them special microchips for "advanced nuclear tipped missles."
Here's an article about the Clinton/China connection I just found. I guess Clinton even took campaign money from a Chinese general in 1996!
Clintons in bed with China

Correct!

Which is why people should be scared of Hillary Clinton. I don't know how well corroborated this is, but I do recall hearing a few weeks back, that Hillary was receiving a lot of "funds" from Chinatown (which was one of her biggest campaign contributors). And To this day, I do believe bill, and Hillary, do receive a check from china, for what? I'm not entirely sure.

Heres an interesting read that talks more about how Clinton (Bill) sold America out to the likes of china.

www.freerepublic.com...

[edit on 7-2-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

I just heard on the radio tonight that she lent her own campaign $5 million of her own money. If she's been so successful, then why this? I mean heck, that's nothing to the Chinese. That's like a couple of aisles at WalMart.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Any chance this has anything to do with all the undersea cables getting cut?

Shall I repeat to make a line two?

join