It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American People won today!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin_Case

For the sake of discussion, I ask one question. Is it wrong for a national leader to say, "I hear you" as they modify their stance to conform to the will of the majority?

If you have kids or have been around this world for a good while, having someone that is running for high office and saying "I hear you" really means nothing.

By their fruits, your will know them.

Roper

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I made a mistake the other day. Turns out I've been making that same mistake for a long time. Now, I am "enlightened." I get it, and I will not make that particular mistake again, if I can help it.

when we demand change from our politicians, we need to be prepared for them to give it to us. Even if that change comes from a realignment that we forced on them.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Justin_Case

It's possible that the Republican party leadership wants one thing, while the voters want something else.

That's not only possible, it's almost a given.

Consider that McCain has come from behind and he still has no money, even though he is riding a populist wave.

Ultra-right conservatives cry about his willingness to reach across the aisle, but the voters say (in exit polls) that they like that capability to compromise in McCain.

That depends on which voters were polled. Most conservatives stayed away from the polls so far, as shown by the number of Dem's that voted (14+ million) compared to the 8+ million Republicans that showed up.

Working bi-partisan is a good concept, as long as you don't compromise your basic ideals. McCain compromising with Kennedy on the Amnesty bill that was soundly rejected by the US populace is an example of poor negotiation. Same as McCain-Feingold.

For the sake of discussion, I ask one question. Is it wrong for a national leader to say, "I hear you" as they modify their stance to conform to the will of the majority?

As long as you realize they are lying, no. For example, McCain's public statements and attitude on his stance on illegal immigration is quite different than his stance in private, where he openly pokes fun at the idea that he has changed his mind. If he is elected POTUS, watch for him and Teddy to team up again.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
McCain would do just one thing if that I'd want, if he were elected to the Presidency that. I think he gets it that we're mad about the fiscal stupidity. I don't actually expect him to do anything else conservative, for the reasons given by jsobecky in the post above.

At this point, some conservative is better than no conservative.

We are choosing between the lesser of two evils, again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join