It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab world failing children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Arab world failing children

www.arabianbusiness.com

Literacy levels in the Arab world are falling behind those of other developing regions due to the poor quality of education, the World Bank said on Monday.

In a report on educational reform in the Middle East and North Africa (Mena), the World Bank also said the relationship between education and economic growth remained weak, despite improvements in countries' education systems
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I have always thought that part of the problem in the ME is that the dictators that are in power dont care about educating the people. Of course the more educated people you have the harder it becomes to hold on to power as people start seeing what the real roots of their problems are besides government fed propaganda of hate to Israel and the U.S.

I find the last paragraph of the article particularly telling

The World Bank findings follow the release of a report in January by the Arab League Educational Cultural and Scientific Organisation that found 75% of the 100 million people in the Arab world are illiterate.

Obviously some of this government can care less about educating their citizens.

www.arabianbusiness.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-2-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Have to say it aint exactly the best place to bring a child up now is it? With the threat of being bombed from inside or outside forces of ANY kind. Must be a horrible way to live...in fear of that.

watchZEITGEISTnow

join