It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Red Lights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Last night, while I was falling asleep, two dim red lights in the sky caught my eye. They looked like they were twirling around each other. First, I thought I was seeing things, but I blinked, and sure enough they were there. These things were moving FAST-multiply how fast an airliner flies by at least ten (that is not a joke, either). They looked pretty low, but I couldn't hear a sound. I'm by no means a believer in conspiracy theories or UFO's, but these lights were puzzling. Does anyone know what they could have been?

BTW, I live in an urban area near the ocean, so I would find it hard to believe that the military would be testing new equipment around here. But, I don't believe in any alien nonsense either, so I am stumped as to what these things could have been.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by bdn12]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bdn12

Hmmm.... what area do you live in and what time was it? If you can narrow the time down you may be able to eliminate (or confirm) the probable like aircraft or satellites and work from there.

LEE.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I live in Los Angeles by the beach and the time was about 10:30 at night.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I saw some strange red lights that I need to comment on.

Im in the Air Force stationed at Kadena, AB Japan. Recently, we had to go back to the US to swap out aircraft (commonly called a tail swap). Anyhow, we had Japan's ATC rolled in our radios and were located approxiamately 300 miles west of the Northern part of Japan and the southern part of Russia where it looks like a finger projection of land. So 300 miles west of that area, Japan ATC asks us to look out our right side and tell us what we see. I was in the back of the jet with a headset on. The flight deck reported seeing Red lights, approxiamately 25-30 with 6 white lights rotating as if they were searching for something. Initially, I thought a plane had crashed and they were searching for survivors (this is at night). This all happened on the surface of the Pacific Ocean in the middle of no where. I ran up to the cockpit to take a look and asked the pilot how far away he thought it might be. He said 30-50 miles. We were at 33,000 ft at the time. We asked ATC for any amplifying information and gave us nothing. We also reported this "up-the-chain" with no answers from the Air FOrce.

We didn't think it was ships for two reasons. The lights were not in a "pattern" the configuration was more a tear drop shape of 25-30 lights. Usually, Navies of any country dont amass that many ships together. The coordinates from our navigator were like 4216N 13535E. All over water, no land in sight. Additionallly, each light at 33K ft approxiamately 30-50 miles away was the size of the top of my pinky finger. Definitely the strangest thing Ive ener seen.

I looked on here and the internet and could not find anything.

new topics

top topics

join