It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops to be given flashlight that 'incapacitates' from Homeland security

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by BlueRaja

It's profitable for the state, because taxpayers will be footing the bill for more cops, more prisons, and now fancy little flashlights.

Well I'm still not seeing the profitability factor, as those things are already tax payer funded. On the flip side, of all the things that the government can spend my tax dollars on, I'd rather spend it on cops, than on studying the effects of that cows have on global warming, or on the mating habits of Sea Horses.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Well I'm still not seeing the profitability factor, as those things are already tax payer funded. On the flip side, of all the things that the government can spend my tax dollars on, I'd rather spend it on cops, than on studying the effects of that cows have on global warming, or on the mating habits of Sea Horses.

Already taxpayer funded huh? So you're saying that taxes will never go up as a result of incresed spending on the criminal justice system?

I'd rather they spend the money on giving people jobs other than in the military or law-enforcement.

Seems like poor kids only have two choices these days. Kill people in your own neighborhood who are trying to kill you, or go kill Iraqis.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

So let me ask, just what should a police officer carry with him if not low impact less lethal means?

Here is your answer: Common sense, courtesy, intelligence,respect for civilians, and enough equipment to be able to handle all situations with minimum use of force and harm to citizens. There you go.

Of course a cop has to be armed, but a pistol and a night stick and mace do well; or a Tazer at times, but they are lethal far more oftan than tear gas or pepper spray is. This device actually causes your brain to seizurte to a degree; if it were increseded you can kill a person with flashing lights. How many people in this nation have a predisposed tendency to have serious seizures when exposed to these lights? Too many, millions no doubt.

Maybe ten years from now they will tell us sadly that had they known about the after affects, they never would have allowed them. Thats when legions of minor arrestees are found drooling into their cereal and unable to talk or walk because some cop flashed scientifically calibrated lights in series to disorient and change the brain patterns, and that these brain pattern interruptions may become permenent. Who knows? This thing has never been researched to that degree. god only knows the company that made it and makes a fortune selling it to the forces wants to keep any bad side effects silent.

Messing with the brain to distract someone is a bad idea....guess what?

Here is what is going to happen; these confusing devices that affect the memory and brain by disorienting WILL be used by cops to get consent to search. Wait and see. Someone will tell a cop NO, no consent and the cop will want to search anyway, and he will say ' Look in this light and let me see if you are intoxicated ', and then after the driver is totally confused and reeling about, the cop will put him in the car handcuffed, toss the car, and by the time the drivers sense of sight and sense returns, he is being either led to jail if they find anything or plant anything, or he will be let go if nothing is found or planted, wondering what happened and glad to be on his way.

Cop's are devious and care nothing about the rule of law, only how to avoid being trapped by a lawyer lying or admitting illegal conduct..cover up. If a cop has a tool that he can abuse to get his way, he will do so. Cop's in general will push the envelope as far as possible all the time..always pressing for less rights for us..more rights for them...they want to search us anytime and anyplace with no reason other than their ' hunches ' and ' feelings ' and ' intiitions'. Fishing is what they do best; cover enough water and sooner or later you will get one in the boat.

But 100 drivers, citizens , have to be humiliated and stopped and searched on the side of a highway for some cop to get 5 arrests, mostly all for minor drug matters. All those citizens had time wasted, had their rights tossed aside, by themselves, and all for nothing. They had to prove their innocence, instead of the cop's proving their guilt. They want us to implicate ourselves and convict ourselves so all they have to do is munch a donut and write the report and get credit for an arrest! Easy work if you can get it, and you can, if you have no soul and little regard for fair play and the rule of law.

To a cop, the means justify the ends, even if it means killing and murdering you to prove it. There are a few cop's in jail, very few for as many criminal acts are committed by cop's every year, but a few anyway, and they are there in federal prison for violating civil rights mostly. These cop's tried to, or did, kill and shoot people who were unarmed and who represented no danger to the cop's whatsoever. The cop's were just not going to let their ego's get bruised by losing the chase, so they shoot to kill. Then they lie about it and falsify reports. When caught, legions of other cop's always support the bad cop's.

They actually believe that they can ignore the Supreme Court decision that said that deadly force may NOT be used merely to stop a fleeing person. But every day some cop shoots at someone just for daring to try and get away.At the Border, the Border Patrol is almost a lawless bunch: Several agents are in prison after abusing people and shooting people for no reason. One agent testified that he didn't wear gloves all the time, even against his supervisors requests to remove them, because he liked to beat people..he said the reason he always wore his gloves ( he also rode a Harley ) was because the ' station was so GROSS ". Thats really believable!!

Another said that they shot an unarmed pot smuggler at night as he ran away because he ' turned and had what looked like some weapon in his hand '. This is a line that cop's memorize in training school. They fall back on it time and again when they shoot someone and no weapon is ever found. How can anyone believe that some petty mexican pot smuggler is stupid enough to want to die by turning back toward pursuing agents with anything in his hand? No way. It is suicide and everone knows it.

The best way to die. or the easiest and surest, is to turn toward some cop with anything in your hand while being chased. you WILL be shot down like a dog. NO ONE is dumb enough to ACT like they have a gun when they do not. That is not even close. No wonder the jury didn't believe the agents. The smuggler, who was shot but lived, came back and testified and told the truth: The cops were gunning down a man with hsi back turned and he never made any motion and never had a gun and was lucky to be alive. Backshooting cop's, dry gulchers all, should rot in a cell with the worst cons on earth for their evil deeds.

Next it will be huge screens facing Mexico with these patterns blasting all comers with shocking brain storms so they will not cross the border..residents will just have to shut the curtains at night and grin and bear it so Americans can grow their own pot and mow their own lawns..thats the American way!!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Bravo! You have articulated what I could not. This is how I feel though and know.

Star to you from me!

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Perhaps John Carpenter will mass produce sun glasses so we will be able to "see" safely!

In all seriousness- this is bad news. I am sure far worse crowd control weapons will be introduced in the very near future.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Shooting rubber bullets at women is fun for the Browards cop's. Both Miami and Broward are Nazi dens as far as cop's go. I know. The Broward pig thug's are laughing and thinking it is a big joke to fire a round at a lady holding a sign peacefully protesting, using her rights.

Her rights were violated. The pig that fired the projectile is and was a scummy and useless piece of filth that should be fired, prosecuted and thgrown in a federal prison for about 10 years to think about his attiotudes for a while and where his loyalties should lie. NO real man does that. Those bullies would run and cry and drop their tidy whities in a minute if a real bad guy got ahold of them; I saw three men one night on Miami Beach take on THIRTY Metro cop's. It took ALL of them, using no sticks, it was a real fistfight, to subdue them.

The men were drunk and huge and hated cop's, and picked a fight at the bar and told the bartender to call the cop's. When the first two arrived, they told them to go get some more and come back..they brought ten and before it was over the three guys had over SIXTY FELONY charges between them!! What a donnybrook. The cops. and I will give them credit for this, put the clubs and guns and mace away and fought them, toe to toe. The reason for this was because the three men stood there and challenegd them openly. to see how tough Metro Miami cops' were.

Twelve cops went to the hospital for injuries, and of course after they finally got the three men down they beat the tar out of them before they too went to the hospital. I think they got about 5 years each. BUT, it points out one truth: Cop's are not big and tough and brave and knbow how to fight: They rely on bluff, weapons and numbers.

Now they can mess with our brains and confuse us..thats great. All we need is confused cop's confusing us.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Already taxpayer funded huh? So you're saying that taxes will never go up as a result of incresed spending on the criminal justice system?

I'd rather they spend the money on giving people jobs other than in the military or law-enforcement.

Seems like poor kids only have two choices these days. Kill people in your own neighborhood who are trying to kill you, or go kill Iraqis.

They also have a the choice of studying in school, getting a degree, and becoming productive member of society.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

They also have a the choice of studying in school, getting a degree, and becoming productive member of society.

Study in school? Are you kidding me? Have you ever been to an inner city public school?

And what good would a degree do? I know people who are still flipping burgers after four years of college. Now, not only are they stuck in a job that doesn't even pay enough to survive on, they have a massive debt hanging over their heads for the useless piece of paper everyone told them they should invest in.

My brother went to shool after he got out of the Army. He ended up with an extra two bucks an hour for it. You know where he is now? On his way back to Iraq so he can make his mortgage payment.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

So then they shouldn't study in school then, as it would seem to be a waste of time? A good education doesn't guarantee you monetary success, but it sure improves your odds over those that don't have one.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

So then they shouldn't study in school then, as it would seem to be a waste of time? A good education doesn't guarantee you monetary success, but it sure improves your odds over those that don't have one.

Inner city public schools are for selling drugs, not studying. Teachers who try to actually educate kids get shot. I'll admit that things have improved some over the years in public schools, but the economy has not.

A sixteen year-old is more likely to drop out to work and help support the family, or at least feed themselves, than they are to go for some pie-in-the-sky scholarship.

And as far as college goes, it's just another scam. Another way for the banks to get a person to take out tens of thousands of dollars in loans and become a debt-slave.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not against education itself. I am merely trying to point out that this is not a viable option for far too many Americans.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Furthermore, this is the reason so many good kids from poor communities end up in the military or law-enforcement. Because they need to eat today, not in four to six years when they finally get their degree. The ones who are lucky enough to not get caught slangin' dubs on the block are the only ones who even have this option. The rest end up in prison or dead.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

College is not a scam, it gives you more options to get a good job then what high school diploma gives you. If you think college is a scam then there is no point in getting education at all. What are you going to do with a high school diploma since it does not guarantee a good job either?

College doesn't guarantee you a job, I have yet to see ads in my university doing such things. Instead they help you, with your resume, go to carreer expo, etc.

20% of Americans have a college degree out of a population of 300 million. Those that don't want to take a leap of faith to get a better life, and just wants to live in ghetto places, well thats your choice.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Those that don't want to take a leap of faith to get a better life, and just wants to live in ghetto places, well thats your choice.

The only way that kids in the ghetto can even hope to get a college education is through the GI Bill. So what does that tell you?

And I happen to know a few people who are making more money today with their GED's than people with college degrees. One exception is my silver-spoon fed cousin who spent the last decade in school and kissed enough ass along the way to become a partner in an international law firm right out of the gate. I am not saying she didn't work hard to get where she is, but she never would have gotten there without the support of the relatives she ignores now.

EDIT to add: And no I'm not one of the relatives she ignores, so I'm not being jealous of her success either.

[edit on 2/9/0808 by jackinthebox]

[edit on 2/9/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Originally posted by eyewitness86
I saw three men one night on Miami Beach take on THIRTY Metro cop's. It took ALL of them, using no sticks, it was a real fistfight, to subdue them.

The men were drunk and huge and hated cop's, and picked a fight at the bar and told the bartender to call the cop's. When the first two arrived, they told them to go get some more and come back..they brought ten and before it was over the three guys had over SIXTY FELONY charges between them!! What a donnybrook. The cops. and I will give them credit for this, put the clubs and guns and mace away and fought them, toe to toe. The reason for this was because the three men stood there and challenegd them openly. to see how tough Metro Miami cops' were.

Really? The cops went after these goons unarmed just to prove they were tough enough?

Sorry, I'm calling bullcrap on this one.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Study in school? Are you kidding me? Have you ever been to an inner city public school?

And what good would a degree do? I know people who are still flipping burgers after four years of college. Now, not only are they stuck in a job that doesn't even pay enough to survive on, they have a massive debt hanging over their heads for the useless piece of paper everyone told them they should invest in.

My brother went to shool after he got out of the Army. He ended up with an extra two bucks an hour for it. You know where he is now? On his way back to Iraq so he can make his mortgage payment.

It depends upon the school you go to. Get a 4 year degree in History or Sociology and expect to make $10/hour, or spend 2 years studying networking and make over $40K your first year, easily.

Sorry about your brother, btw.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

reply to post by deltaboy

Those that don't want to take a leap of faith to get a better life, and just wants to live in ghetto places, well thats your choice.

The only way that kids in the ghetto can even hope to get a college education is through the GI Bill. So what does that tell you?

Not only do they get a GI Bill, but they also learn discipline, responsibility, depending on their MOS- a vocational skill, maturity, leadership skills, that far exceed their peers that choose to stay in the ghetto, etc...
Most of the people I've worked with in the last 15yrs haven't been from the ghettos though. There've been plenty of middle and upper class folks, folks with college degrees, MBAs, etc... that wanted to serve.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Calling people liars is wrong, and I am right, an apology is demanded. The incident happened in the 1970's and the Miami Herald only has archives that go back to 1982. I just cheched so I could pull the newspaper clipping and shove it down your rude online throat for insulting me. I have no need to lie.

The men were from New Jersey, and the paper the next day described the scene and the men, so it happened. The men wwere at least 6'7 at the shortest and about 280..the rest were bigger, including one guy nearly seven feet tall ( 6'10 or 110 as I recall ) and over 350. None were fat, and all were hardened drinkers and cop fighters.

Maybe you are very young, you seem to be, and so you likley never heard about all the fights that happened back in the 50's and 60's between tough guys and cops. It was not uncommon, and usually the cop's did not use dirty tricks like they do not; they were real men and not afraid to scrapple around. Now what do we have? Some 250 pound bleached blond female cop with weapons she will use long before she ever breaks a nail suing her hands!!

Anyway, the men challenged and fought, and lost the brawl. It happened in the Bal Harbour Hotel lobby bar. Maybe some other paper has the story archived, maybe some old guy like me that was in Miami Beach back thyen will remember it, but one thing is for sure, pal: I am no liar and until you can prove I am wrong watch your manners. Sure, I cannot reach out and grab you by the throat online, and teach you what your parents should have, but surely one day you will call the wrong guy a liar in person and not be able to type for a while after he breaks your fingers one by one as you aplogize profusely. I can assure you it gets results. Have a nice day.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
reply to post by jsobecky

Calling people liars is wrong, and I am right, an apology is demanded. The incident happened in the 1970's and the Miami Herald only has archives that go back to 1982. I just cheched so I could pull the newspaper clipping and shove it down your rude online throat for insulting me. I have no need to lie.

one thing is for sure, pal: I am no liar and until you can prove I am wrong watch your manners. Sure, I cannot reach out and grab you by the throat online, and teach you what your parents should have, but surely one day you will call the wrong guy a liar in person and not be able to type for a while after he breaks your fingers one by one as you aplogize profusely. I can assure you it gets results. Have a nice day.

But you expect police officers to show no emotion when confronted by some jerkoff who feels the need to excercise their rights to the fullest extent, and be uncooperative. Your continual reference to cops as pigs, thugs, liars, willing to do anything for a conviction, show some pathological hatred and anger issues, that reality just doesn't warrant. You even lash out against would be internet insulters in a condescending and threatening tone, yet I wonder if you would be as bold in person as you accuse jsobecky of being.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Not only do they get a GI Bill, but they also learn discipline, responsibility, depending on their MOS- a vocational skill, maturity, leadership skills, that far exceed their peers that choose to stay in the ghetto, etc...

This is true. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the military, only the voluntary draft.

Most of the people I've worked with in the last 15yrs haven't been from the ghettos though. There've been plenty of middle and upper class folks, folks with college degrees, MBAs, etc... that wanted to serve.

Unit?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

...some jerkoff who feels the need to excercise their rights to the fullest extent...

Rights are rights, to be exercised as the individual sees fit. And you think that makes someone a JO? But I suppose you would have a problem with me smoking a pack of cigarettes, and eating a box of klondike bars while I'm looking at naked women too huh?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join