It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk of Imminent War Against Iran Amid an Attack of 'Coincidences'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Its only a matter of time before Iran is attacked or attacks and nukes are used- we are inevitably doomed to WWIII.

Live while you still can...

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
We (The US) have been dicking around with Iran ever since we first got into Iraq...

This is gettig realy old after 5 years...

i just wish someone would punch the other in the face and we can get this over with...

We (the WEST) Should have taken war to iran back when they captured those brittish sailors... that is as good as reason as any...

The world is at a crossroads...

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Im with what some people have been saying.

We just bomb them back to the stone age, if we do decide to get involved with them. The war in Iraq was over in like a month, the rest of the crap is whats lasted 5 years.

Iran has nothing that can even come close to competing with our Air Force, and I highly doubt that there would be many troops on the ground at all.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
If this truly happens everyone can forget about any savings they have in the bank, mutual funds, stocks, or any other comforts we now enjoy.

This War would be a major mistake.

Originally posted by TKainZero
We (The US) have been dicking around with Iran ever since we first got into Iraq...

This is gettig realy old after 5 years...

i just wish someone would punch the other in the face and we can get this over with...

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe

We just bomb them back to the stone age, if we do decide to get involved with them. The war in Iraq was over in like a month, the rest of the crap is whats lasted 5 years.

Iran has nothing that can even come close to competing with our Air Force, and I highly doubt that there would be many troops on the ground at all.

What war in Iraq are you talking about? Last I heard it is still going on. American soldiers are still dying.

It's not the troops we need to worry about, it's all the nukes, and nuclear subs they bought from the former USSR.

This war will push everyone back to the stone age and maybe even worse.

In War no one ever wins, there are only degrees of loss.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Lets try to look at this situation from a military perspective.

US has troops in almost all countries surrounding Iran.

Here is a picture which seems fairly recent showing a strategy for the US to help Israel.

Only problem is, we have made Russia paranoid over our latest missile defense system. Russia could possibly supply Iran. This section to the North does not seem to be very well protected by the US.

Let's just assume that Israel and Iran start going at it. US would take over Pakistan in the name of protecting the world from "weapons of mass distruction." Iran would now be fully cut off from the East. South would be covered by our navy. East would covered by our military in Iraq. Only place left for Iran to get supplies would be from the north, toward Russia.

This picture does look like the makings of WWIII. Strategically, it all makes sense what the US is doing. That still does not justify why, though.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Im with what some people have been saying.

You proudly display your ignorance. Congratulations.

Israel has nuclear bombs. Their country has been fighting aggressive wars for years. They stand as good of a chance of nuking someone as Iran.

Let's bomb them back to the stone-age too!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thought this was an interesting read all around. A sort of connect the dots between several different news items:

Independence Journal

The view that cable cuts are an attempt to limit Iran's world markets access, now that they are within days of brining a non-dollar denominated oil trading exchange online, has pushed the now lame duck Bush administration into a serious corner: If they are going to attack Iran, or provide assistance for a US proxy in the region to carry out the attack on our behalf) time is running out.
---
We're now inside a 'window' where a false flag terrorist attack on US soil could be just what's needed to accomplish an agenda that would include:

• Placing blame on an exogenous event (outside the markets) as a proximate cause of a possible retest of the 2,000 lows. [Side note, that'd be around Dow 7,500, so have you rolled your assets into something other than stocks? This is not advice, but simply a contingency planning kind of question.]

• It would get the 'banker off the hook'

• It could be used to invoke lots of additional power for government including things like limiting withdrawals from banks, severely limiting the free speech presently allowed on the internet, and allowing for rationing of not only energy, but also food as a mechanism of corporate/government control.

With all this weighing, we then start to look at timing, and as my very worried attorney noted in a call yesterday (when he heard about cable break #5) February 8th is the dark of the moon which give gen-3 and gen-4 fighting systems maximal advantage.

From an execution standpoint, the idea time for a strike in the Middle East (ME) would be just after the market close on Friday, or in the case of a false flag operation, any time between now and then, especially if the Dow threatens the 11,634 level. If we take that out, the PowersThatBe (PTB) would sure need someone to blame...and a point of action to rally around.

Keeping an Iranian oil bourse shut pretty clearly makes economic sense to US (corpgov) interests and off in the background, we see the same kind of 'slant drilling for oil across the border' claims being made by Iraq against Iran that were a short-term precursor to the Kuwaiti/US invasion of Iraq back in the early 1990's. It's almost like the same playbook is in use.
---
The outbreak of war is only a speculative case - a mid-week thought exercise, at least for now, due in part to the commodity price action. I expect that if we were going to have a shooting war (escalation of the regional ME conflict) that we'd see healthy gains (read: limit up) commodity moves in oil, grains, and gold. So far, oil is not going up, but a strong push up tomorrow and Friday might be something to watch for.

Meantime, National Intelligence Director Michael McConnell is telling the Senate's Intelligence Committee (sic) that the US see Russia, China, and OPEC as financial threats to the country. Any connection with the digital umbilical cords being cut?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
And of course it's always about the money, right?

Bloomberg

Gulf States May Have to Drop Pegs, Merrill, Bear Stearns Say
By Yon Pulkrabek and Matthew Brown

Feb. 5 (Bloomberg) -- Gulf states including Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates will have to revalue their currency pegs this year following the dollar's decline and U.S. interest- rate cuts, said Bear Stearns Cos. and Merrill Lynch & Co.

Five nations lowered interest rates last week in step with the Federal Reserve to keep their links to the U.S. currency even as inflation accelerates. When Saudi Arabia left rates unchanged after the Fed's Sept. 18 reduction, the riyal rose to a 20-year high.

``A lack of action on exchange-rate policy continues to fuel inflation, driving wage demands, which in turn fuel inflation,'' a Merrill team including currency strategist Emma Lawson wrote in an e-mailed note today. ``Revaluation and a move to a basket could break this vicious cycle.''

Inflation accelerated to records in all six of the Gulf Cooperation Council, or GCC, states last year as the oil-rich nations sought to preserve their dollar links. The regional average was 6.3 percent in 2007, compared with 0.3 percent in 2001, according to Merrill, the world's largest brokerage.
The Fed cut its target rate for overnight bank lending by 1.25 percentage points in January to prevent the housing slump from pushing the U.S. economy into a recession. The U.S. Dollar Index traded on ICE Futures in New York, which tracks the currency against six major counterparts, dropped 0.7 percent last week to 75.45. It was at 74.48 on Nov. 23, the weakest level since the gauge started in 1973.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Its Iran!!

news.bbc.co.uk...

The "coincidences" are mounting higher and higher.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

What war in Iraq are you talking about? Last I heard it is still going on. American soldiers are still dying.

It's not the troops we need to worry about, it's all the nukes, and nuclear subs they bought from the former USSR.

This war will push everyone back to the stone age and maybe even worse.

In War no one ever wins, there are only degrees of loss.

The actual war part, us defeating the Iraqi army was over very very quickly. now we are over there trying to install a new gov't and basically trying to keep the peace. You can say what you want to say, but Ive been there, talked to the Iraqi people....I know what im talking about.

Oh, and Iran doesn't have any nukes....especially not ones given to them by the Russians.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22

You proudly display your ignorance. Congratulations.

Israel has nuclear bombs. Their country has been fighting aggressive wars for years. They stand as good of a chance of nuking someone as Iran.

Let's bomb them back to the stone-age too!

Yeah, except Israel is our ally, and as far as I know, their leaders havent been talking about wiping Iran out.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

I wonder why there's so much concern now. This whole "Space Missile," or more commonly referred to - ICBM, story is old news. Russia should have thought about this before helping develop Iran's nuclear facilities.

Iran: Tehran Has Stake In Success Of Korean Missile

If Russia is so concerned, I think they should be the ones to preemptively strike Iran. It seems they made Iran's bed for them ... now they should get some pillow time with them.

It's not the United States responsibility.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

You are thinking like your remote ancestors, who stormed the caves of other clans to rape its women and steal its magical fire. I'm sorry, but you need to school yourself in the evils of the US. Time to take responsibility and figure out how to get along.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

Your opinion of Iran talking about wiping out Israel is all up to who's interpreting Farsi. There's been much debate as to what was actually said by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

"wipe Israel off the map"
vs
" vanish from the page of time"

Ahmadinejad was not making a threat, he was quoting a saying of Khomeini.

Regardless, when do we quite wiping Israel's butt for them? When are they going to grow up and learn to take care of themselves?

As for being an "Ally" - should we nuke North Korea? They're part of the "Axis of Evil". They have nuclear weapons and ICBMs. Why not them first? Is there not enough oil there?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

North Korea does not have ICBM's ,nor do they have a nuke program anymore. They tried to make one, and it fizzled out...they have done nothing since then.

And before you go off on me, I know this is true, Where I work, it is peoples jobs to know these things.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
hmm i think if the US does attack Iran (and im sure it will) then it will use israel for sure (for ballistic missiles and such?) and as the US it's self well i think it will be a smash and grab affair, with an air strike on the nuclear facilities then leave! i really dont think they will have a ground troop invasion......too expensive and it will drag the whole process out like iraq!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This image shows the cut cables layout...

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

I'm not sure who you work for, given that it's "your job" to know these things, but if it's one of the U.S. intelligence agencies, forgive me if I'm a little doubtful of ALL information disclosed. After that whole Iraq mis-communication, I think you're going to have a hard time convincing anyone of the authenticity of your intelligence.

Anyway, it was a different story a couple years ago:
North Korea Launches the Big One

North Korea Nuclear Test Confirmed by U.S. Intelligence Agencies

[edit on 6-2-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Unfortunately US has always tried to interfere with other countries for two reasons, power and control. Look at the history of US, it sure will repeat itself again. Iran has been the target for few years now much more then it used to be, but since US has invaded Iraq, Afghanistan and most of Persian Gulf they are in a strategic alignment to attack Iran (all part of a big plan... NWO). Now why would they attack Iran you say... many reason but mostly Oil! US is in HUGE recession (it's what NWO, NAU all about) but until this all happens they want the middle east power to vanish so that they can gradually control most of the world via money (oil).

Iran refuses to deal with US based on the threat they have been receiving for the last little while now and will NOT sell Oil to US that means a HUGE drop on $ and a lot pissed people that have to pay arm and a leg for gas. US can't afford that so they have been trying to find an excuse so that they can attack Iran, but with this bully in town, not even trying to justify it anymore!

How will this effect us... well few things. They will respond! And I'm afraid it's not going to be pretty, other then the long range missiles they have (can reach US) there will be many bombs going off all over US/UK. There will be shut down of cities and police country will rise to keep you in your house for your own safety (HUGE step towards NWO). Other countries will attack US/UK as well, including Syria, Russia and other middle east countries as they will be next on the list. There will be WW3.

It is such a shame US is so violent towards the rest of the world. They will cause billions of death (last few years in hunders of thousands). Don't forget the people in power will profit from this and achieve their agenda. Reducing world population to 500 million. They don't give a # about you and me... only the very few in power. They're using us as slaves to do what it is they need, almost like running a private business.

I am Persian and I grew up back home for many years and I will pray for all the innocent people that will suffer for this, there are many loving and caring people live there just like here, people are people, good and bad, has nothing to do with the politics of your country... such culture and tradition.

It's funny, it's always the older men plan out and start the attacks, it's the young and innocent that will have to die for it, how's that fair? Fight the true terrorism! Fight the government and refuse to join the army to fight... it's us that's doing this.. not them!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join