It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk of Imminent War Against Iran Amid an Attack of 'Coincidences'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Well, there's a thought most of us CT's don't ususally think about. What if Iran does strike Israel pre-emptively, not giving two poo-poos about world opinion at this point? They would rather strike now on their terms, then wait for some NWO false-flag that sets off the invasion of Iran. They know we aren't in a position yet to invade without taking Pakistan first, so they decide not to wait for that to happen. Hmmmm...

Who needs a false-flag anyway, when you can use a real threat to get the job done. The only problem is that we aren't ready yet, but I can hear Bush now saying "I told you so," while everyone forgets that US actions actually backed Iran into a corner where it was fight or die.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Man, I must not be reading enough. What person?

reply to post by titorite

Huh? Story? I missed this one too?

*loam* suddenly feels very ignorant.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
John Titor. There are posts all about him all over ATS. You can also check out his original postings at timetravelinstitute or anomalies. He said he was a time traveler. Funny thing is what he said would happen IS happening. But that is subjective to interpretation.

And that is far enough off topic. just wanted to clarify that for you Loam.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I'm sorry. I totally missed that reference.

Yeah, I guess I'm more up to speed than I thought.

One down, one to go.

Thanks for the explanation.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Perhaps this is the last stage of BUSH dealing with his Axis of Evil. He bought off North Korea. Thumped Saddam and now the latest in his warmongering will no doubt bring a economical collapse to the dollar and global economies. He is nothing but a puppet to the Bilderberg Group who wish suffering and fatalities on the human race all in their quest for power and greed. A big fat MIDDLE finger to you Mr. President.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This is simply a fear-mongering attempt.

Don't pay too much mind to it.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
There is no way that we could invade and occupy Iran or Pakistan,there are no people to be liberated there.It would be a worse situation than Iraq and as for casualities-I would dread to think of a number

Of course there is a way round this,perhaps Iraqi troops could do the dirty ground work.Nukes would have to be out of the question unless we have a way of filtering it out of the crude oil!Just how good is Irans air defence?

I too see Iraq as a stepping stone into other countries,they dont have Saudi Arabia now so the green zone makes for a perfect base.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by noangels

simple..bomb them into submission.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar

hmm, i don't share your optimism.. all internet lost is a real thing not a fear mongering story but fact. draw your own conclutions but don't act like notings going on here.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar

The trick with fear mongering is that it requires an actual scary event from time to time to make stick all the hollow rhetoric in between events. It's been a while since our last big scary event, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of another one on the horizon.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Valhall

Man, I must not be reading enough. What person?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(You posted in that thread
). I believe that is the first place I said something public, but I think I also said something before that in RATS at an earlier date. But a lot of my RATS threads don't show up anymore because of the big glitchy-glitch that happened to my account.

Anyway, concerning "what person" - apparently a U.S. military person...at Gitmo, and whom I had a conversation with in the timeframe pointed to in that other post of which I do not want to get more detailed so that I do not cause issues for this person. Hopefully that will suffice. Let's just leave it at I was told this almost 2 years ago.

The person stated he was being held in a building by himself at Gitmo and that the limited number of military people there who know he is there were told that the reason his capture was not being announced was because if the other Gitmo detainees knew he had already been captured they would stop giving up information.

I looked at this person, kind of blinked a few times, and said what I thought of that reasoning and then stated - Well, I guess we'll be told he's been captured right before the 2008 election.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Seems they have Russia worried now. I bet Israel was on high alert while they were prepareing to launch.

www.jpost.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nathabeanz

Yeah kina like We put Fidel Castro in Cuba but does that mean we own it. Quit far from it.

I would rethink that statment.

America didn't put Fidel into power. America put Battista into power who was overthrown by Fidel. Not every dictator in the world was propped up by the CIA. But in some cases, like that of Venezuela and Cuba, their actions lead almost inevitably to the change in power.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I aree with the OP. War will happen before Iran starts a new oil market. I remember learning about Irans plan to open their own oil market, shortly after 911. The conversation led to the fact that Iran and certain South American oil suppliers up and quit dealing with current and "stable" markets, and then pull a Johnny B. Capatalist and start their own thing, probably wouldn't happen.
They got brass ones for sure, cause everything has led up to this. They know it and we know they know it. War with Iran and the many that will stand beside them is soon. The worst part of it is to keep The Cheney-Bush Administrations reputation clean, and for them to not make Iran an obvious target, because Iran has done NOTHING, Iran will simply have to do something, like Afganistan and Iraq have done before them. Unfortunatley lots of unsuspecting normal working folk type people usally die when something like this happens.
I keep thinking the U.S. will get hit again, bigger than before. This would give them reason and propaganda to do anything. Then reading this earlier about how stratagy wise the U.S. would need to occupy Pakistan. Many think and I do that the U.S. to an unknown extent does occupy Pakistan. Obviously the U.S. does not control them the way they do oil rich Iraq or opium rich Afganistan but their influence is felt I'm sure. Anyways the idea of a nucular accident or atack in Pakistan would bring U.S. Forces there fast, and to Iran even faster.
Iran will never open their own oil market. Instead they will be ate by The Fat Pigs.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Its going to happen (war with Iran) and its going to happen soon!!!

We've seen the WMD card played before and it's being played out again, even Russia are changing their minds on Iran as the link posted above states.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
One thing I have noticed is the number of bombings going on IN the middle east. I just wonder if we did invade Iran and the bombings stopped, how would the middle east look at us? Would we became the saviours of the Arab world?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
strange....saddam announced he was changing the currency used in iraq to trade oil from petrodollars to euros....just before he got invaded.

currently when one wants to trade oil one must first purchase dollars which profits america and strengthens the dollar,get it?.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I have an idea that Musharaf's public denouncement of CIA's involvement in Pakistan was more for his benefit with public perception than for anything else. Right now he needs to appears strong and dis-connected from the West in order to maintain his control upon the country. Sure, the elections may be rigged, but rigged elections will not stop a revolutionary toppling of his regime if the people see fit to do so. A private phone call could have easily answered any questions the CIA had about providing help or seeking permission to conduct operations in Pakistan. This public display was deliberately orchestrated.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
reply to post by jackinthebox

Seems they have Russia worried now. I bet Israel was on high alert while they were prepareing to launch.

www.jpost.com...

Everyone, this article is big. This is perhaps the ultimate green light for the U.S. and Israel to begin bombing Iranian nuclear facilities. Analysts have been saying for awhile that Russia has been using its support of Iran as a trump card to get what it really wants, which is the backing off of U.S. pressure on Kosovo and a missile shield. By Russia coming out -- even through a senior military commander -- and saying they're now concerned about Iran to me implys that the U.S. has come to a secretive deal on Russia's bigger issues, and now Russia will stand back to let us take care of our Iranian problem.

And let's be clear on something, because what we've been seeing in the press and on this board has ignored the Administration's symantics. No one is saying we're planning to invade Iran. Invading a country implies that we will occupy and control the territory. Bush can easily deny that because an invasion is not in the cards.

What we're talking about is a bombing campaign, perhaps on a more grand scale than the "secret" bombing conducted in Syria last year. That's where we're headed. That's why Bush and his crew can deny we're going to invade Iran, because technically we're not. We're just going to bomb the hell out of them.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Last official statement from the government was NO WAR with Iran!

Here is the entire article and statements.

No War With Iran, US officials

The latest National Intelligence Estimate on Iran was the final factor in a military equation that now appears to guarantee that there will be no war with Iran during the Bush administration. It meshes with the views of the operational types at the Pentagon, who have steadfastly resisted the march to war led by some Administration hawks. The anti-war group was composed of Defense Secretary Robert Gates; Admiral Michael Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs; and Admiral William Fallon, who oversees the U.S. forces that would have had to wage that war.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by Realtruth]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join