It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Q and A

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

Actually...

The number of people in the debriefing field are probably in the hundreds. Up to about 4 or 5 hundred.

When asked how many people are involved in debriefing, that was the answer he gave.

4 or 5 hundred is a far cry from one.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooler1

Personally, I think this guy was being somewhat truthful with us.

Any thoughts?

Despite my scepticism about what he claimed to be through what he was telling us, in the end (and I only came to this conclusion during the re-reading all his posts) I do believe some of what he said, the best lies contain an element of truth anyway. I suspect he is (or was) military and may very well have a connection with Groom Lake but on the very fringes. Perhaps an employee at Nellis or elsewhere on TTR. He has embellished what he knows about the area and procedures with what research he was able to do

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldtop

Goldtop, if you believe that no_one817 actually did work at or around A51, then why, in your mind, do you think he would embellish a story and/or lie about it? Just curious.

It doesn't seem to me like there is anything in it for him to be lying. A few minutes of fame on the ATS boards perhaps? I dunno. I'm still on the fence.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by AGENT51]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT51

I dont know if no_one is lying or not (i think he is... but thats just my opinion) but people lie about stuff all the time.
It has nothing to do with fame, why do you see soooo many Hoaxes?
Its because people like having fun with people who believe their stories.
some do it to prove that we will eat up anything.
most of them dont last long, no_one has lasted much longer.
but for the most part, its not about fame, its about having the feeling that you are manipulating others...

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

Actually...

The number of people in the debriefing field are probably in the hundreds. Up to about 4 or 5 hundred.

When asked how many people are involved in debriefing, that was the answer he gave.

4 or 5 hundred is a far cry from one.

I never said he acted alone in the debriefings. I'm talking about when he first mentioned checking people as they come in, not when people were debriefed on things.

When his story first started he said he was soley responsible for checking people as they came in and out. Taking their wallets, cell phones and stuff like that. This is not a debriefing.

Do you see one guy being responisble for checking the employees everyday? One guy checking a possible couple thousand people?

I never said that others didn't work with him in the debriefings. People keep twisting my words around and some are just saying things I never even said. It's pretty pathetic I think. Some of you people are wanting to believe this soo much that you're not looking at the obvious little clues that scream out hoax. In other threads some of you would be quick to point out stuff like that. But when it's a guy claiming to work at Area 51 (who seems to like posting at times when he's suppossed to be there working like others mentioned) giving out information that's freely available on the net, you guys are too quick to believe it and defend it.

Look at the way he tells the story. He's the star of it. He makes himself out to be the most important guy there. He says security is his field. If he's such an expert in that field he knows how risky it is to be posting this stuff here especially when he's posted during hours that he apparently works.

He was a member for close to a month before creating this thread. He had plenty of time to create a story. He's mentioned how it's odd for two people claiming to be Area 51 employees deciding to post around the same time to tell their stories. IMHO that gives him away right there. I believe he was none other than zx4551 from the other thread. He created that character and made that thread look like an obvious hoax. He then creates this thread and admits he did it to take the people out of the other thread because of an "ego thing". Funny how zx4551 hasn't posted from that period on and no_one817 would have some of you believe it's because he proved zx4551 was a hoax, when he never proved anything. He just stopped posting as zx4551 to make people think the guy isn't coming back. He never left, just switched ID's. Look at the sudden change in zx4551's grammar before he stopped posting. Too big of a change there.

All he had to do was create the other ID using a proxy so it looks like each ID originates from different places and not use the ID too much.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by nightmare_david]

[edit on 13-2-2008 by nightmare_david]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
no_one's story is very believable.

there is no one who has debunked him yet, or even come close.

it should tell everyone something how this played out. he has a great story with hardly any holes in it and then gets the third degree from the mods. they were all over this thread. they said they had to check him (no_one) out and now nothing.

they way i see it, the mods/owners now want him back, but i dont think he appreciated being questioned in such an arrogant way.

it seemed like they were so overly happy to "debunk" and/or ban and/or suspend or whatever the terms are, but now realize they have made a mistake

the above is my opinion from what i have read pertaining to the subject matter up to and including this point in time

[edit on 14-2-2008 by moderndayHanSolo]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by moderndayHanSolo

there is no one who has debunked him yet, or even come close.

The reason being.............there is nothing to debunk.

He has not provided an ounce of information that is not vague or easily found online via google.

And a couple of things he said...some came back and said "well your wrong because of this or that" and then he said, "oh your right.....in this instance". Ie: The carrying of bags onto a Janet flight.

I actually find his info about Red Flag incredibly vague. And find it VERY convenient that he happens to never be there during Red Flag. That way he has no clue what really goes on there - when some people here actually do know what goes on. Therefore, he cant answer any questions about Red Flag that are posed.

Again, nothing to debunk....because nothing was provided.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
The reason being.............there is nothing to debunk.

So true. This guy's story was so shoddy, with so many unexplainable holes, inconsistencies, and goofs that the only thing that was even mildly entertaining about the thread was getting a good laugh. The funniest thing was when his defenders would stomp their feet and squeal any time someone dared to question the story.

First of all, he did a very poor job of expressing himself and explaining himself. He continually gave incomplete, vague answers, or chose to ignore them altogether. When he got caught, he'd excuse himself for picking the wrong words or not explaining himself correctly. And this from a guy who debriefs people on the nation's most highly protected secrets? ROFL Hilarious!

His defenders wanted to dismiss the fact that he didn't know the difference between atheist and agnostic, but it's so much more than that. He doesn't even know the meaning of EITHER word. He got very defensive when accused of not knowing if there's a God, but that's the very definition of "agnostic".

To be kind, the guy's just not very bright, at least not bright enough to pull this off. Sure, someone could make a mistake about atheist or agnostic, and maybe even not know what either word means, but the real knee-slapper was when he claimed to KNOW from what he saw at GL that ALL religions WERE fabricated. Now THAT is some heavy-duty knowledge. What was he shown at GL that PROVED that ALL religions were FABRICATED to begin with? Well, when pressed, he backed down from his previous statement to say he THINKS that people in power use religions to manipulate others. Well, DUH! EVERYBODY in the world knows that! Even people who have deep religious beliefs! That's not even in the same universe as saying "I KNOW ALL religions WERE FABRICATED!" Again, maybe Joe Schmoe that never thought about or pondered religious matters might not know exactly what an atheist or agnostic is, but for someone who claimed to have this intimate religious information not know!? Give me a break!

Of course, his defenders ignored that giant contradiction.

And when asked again for a specific example of what he had seen, heard, learned, or experienced at GL to provide him with his knowledge of religion, he could not come up with a single thing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

Again, his defenders ignored this.

Now, get this. He works in security and debriefs people. Ok. Then he claims he was involved in the "planning" of a future staged terrorist attack on the US, thousands of US citizens, and the GOP or Democratic Presidential candidate. Riiiiiight. The "powers that be" put this genius security drone on the "planning" committee for the most nefarious governmental plot in the history of the US. Uh huh.

Again, his defenders somehow dismissed this.

If this were a movie, we'd all be cringing and rolling our eyes at this point, if not laughing out loud at the absurdity.

But, wait...it gets better. He starts to feel guilty about being part of this dastardly plot. He'd love to save the world, but he sure doesn't want to lose the "bs American dream" as someone put it. But if the plot is carried through, what kind of "American dream" will he have left...you know, with Marshall Law and all. I guess we're just supposed to ignore that inconvenient fact and contradiction as well.

Anyway, he starts feeling sooooo bad about it, that he decides to take action. And the best idea he can come up with is...to post anonymously on a forum that is known for its many hoaxes and wild stories. Oh, and he provides absolutely NOTHING in the way of any proof whatsoever to back up his story about who he is or what is being planned. Uh huh.

He was asked repeatedly that if he can post anonymously on this forum, why can't he alert the media and government en masse ANONYMOUSLY?

He never answered the question.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Continuing from my previous post...

Oh, his defenders tried the tired "well, nobody would believe him!" excuse (the reason for not telling the media/government).

First of all, WHY assume this? George Knapp wouldn't have looked into it if it had ANY credibility? Surely, he could have contacted SOMEONE ANONYMOUSLY that would have done at least some nominal poking around.

Secondly, even assuming that every single person of the hundreds he contacted ANONYMOUSLY didn't believe him, he would STILL have foiled the plot, because so many people would have had the information in their hands. OBVIOUSLY, it would have got back to those behind the plot that their plans had been leaked to hundreds of others and they would not be able to go through with it.

But, he'd rather leave it up to YOU to do something about it. Gee, what a true American hero! *SIGH*

So, I'd like to know what those who actually claimed to have believed this fairy tale actually did? Did you contact your Congressperson? Media people? Did you do the work that your fearless hero didn't feel like doing and provided NO reason of why he didn't do it?

Then, when the rug gets pulled out from this guy, and he's asked to *GASP* provide anything in the way of proof to back up anything about his story, his defenders throw a fit.

At least some of his defenders are willing to admit that they don't mind being fooled because they like a "good story". I'm afraid the others would rather remain in a state of, ahem, "innocence".

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   

If he doesn't want to give out the proof that the admins have asked for then that tells me it's a hoax. Why? Because if he was the real deal he would know that the admins would ask for some kind of legitimate proof of who he is, something they can confirm and he hasn't done it.

I have no idea why people think that if no_one was legit, he would be cooperating with ATS. A simple glance at ATS's T&C should answer this question:

6a) Disclosure: The Above Network, LLC also reserves the right to disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the law or comply with a legal process served on The Above Network, LLC, protect and defend the rights or property of the The Above Network, LLC domains, or visitors to these domains, identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties, and cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe breaking your national security oath is illegal. There is no way he'd be cooperating with ATS on anything knowing that they would just pass on the information to the authorities upon request.

As of this writing, ATS doesn't have a mechanism in place to protect whistle blowers. (it might come later on) As a matter of fact, it's dangerous for a whistle blower to come to ATS, especially when he is asked for proof by staff.

EDIT:
IMO, no_one isn’t legit. It seems to me a real whistle blower wishing to use ATS as his soap box would write one post full of information (ie assassinate political figure, etc.) and never come back. (certainly he/she wouldn't start a Q & A thread!) I see no_one still logs on which makes me suspicious, as every time he logs on he could be compromised. But of course, this is just my opinion.

[edit on 14/2/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Anyone else notice, no_one has been "un-banned"? Just curious what has transpired in the meantime and if he has more to post here ...

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2believeor0
Anyone else notice, no_one has been "un-banned"? Just curious what has transpired in the meantime and if he has more to post here ...

well that must mean he is NOT a HOAXer

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Again, I ask, why have we not heard anything from ATS admin. about this. I think this is all very strange this has been dealt with.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Does all this mean that no_one proved himself as the real deal to the ATS staff, and that his claims maybe true? He seemed to hold up to the scrutiny fairly well. However I hope his claims are not true. I would hate to find out that what we call a democracy is really just a multitude of conspiracies for control and greed. Hopefully we get an update soon.

Best Regards,
Trustnobody

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
All I know is -

I am quite sure this (now legendary) thread is filling up hard drive space on Carnivore.

I am also pretty sure that nothing will happen to any candidates or the election process, BUT....

You can bet your bootie that if something DOES happen no_one will be in a world of hurt when they pull this thread up on "da man's computer".

I am sure some folks would be very interested to know how he knew something was going to happen, or if he is a wacko and is creating some self-fulfilling prophecy.

All scary thoughts, but hey, this IS ATS, right?

[edit on 2/14/08 by emsed1]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by scooler1

We've been very busy... The bottom line is that "noone" stumbled badly in chat which caused the request for ANY type of credential to be scanned and privately emailed with personal info removed (blacked out name, address, etc...) to be made.

He failed to even try which is why he was banned by S. O. (who was dealing with this that night). After reviewing the situation and a conversation between ourselves we determined that it's best to let the membership draw their own conclusions and he was unbanned.

Please keep in mind that this (a huge forum that anyone saying anything can appear on) is all "new ground" we are learning new ways to handle things better every day. We are also running a multi faceted start up with dozens of complex projects going at the same time and literally managed by just the THREE of us. We will make mistakes in the future no doubt.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I applaud your decision to let the masses decide and then act upon our decisions. I think it is a good way to police honesty.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I think unbanning him was the right call. I was not available for the chat however I been reading the posts watching the events unfold. It is a unique situation.

Best regards,
Trustnobody.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'm more enthralled than any of you, that the traitor and coward has been reinstated. To let Americans die and a Presidential candidate possibly be assassinated is treason and everyone involved as far as I'm concerned should be arrested put on trail and shot if convicted. Pour your guts out coward.
I mean everyone, including those of you who know and have done nothing about it. The only thing that bothers me the most is that I won't be the one to carry out the punishment.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Some don't realise just how nefarious some "anti-leak" tactics are.
Sometimes, a person under suspicion will be givin a false story, just to test their allegence.
If that one story, givin to one person, gets out----the source is obvious.

I lead you all to review the Bob Lazar story.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join