It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Q and A

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goldtop
[quote a guy who sounds truthful tell his story in skunkworks.

I think the point here is that the consensus is that he doesn't sound truthful.

care to be more specific, other than just "he doesnt sound truthful"

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldtop

Where is the consensus?

There were only about 4 or 5 posters that were adamantly refusing to believe him. The rest were either on the fence or, like myself, interested in what he had to say.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

care to be more specific, other than just "he doesnt sound truthful"

Of course. It may take a while though, I'll have to go back through the whole of this (and other) threads. Let me say though that I'm not one of these 'debunker' persons, my intention is not to rip him/her to pieces for fun. I'm just a casual observer who has been following this thread for a few days now and as much as I wish this person were the genuine article, there are things that have sown the seeds of doubt in my mind. I'll attempt to get my thoughts together and post again in a while. In the meantime, someone more intelligent and eloquent than myself will probably post the same conclusions that I have before me!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
listen everyone, why are you believers so upset about this?

The staff is trying to protect us from false information.
They are giving no_one a very fair way of proving he is who he says he is without giving away any of his personal information.
no_one even apparently agreed to it!

If no_one proves to be who e says he is, then I will totally come out and admit that i was wrong in trying to debunk him... But if hes not going to prove it it the ATS staff, then you guys who were being dragged around by the ear by him need to admit (to yourselves) that you were mislead!

I dont care is this thread was interesting and you wanted to hear what he had to say, if its not real then it doesnt belong on ATS!
go to myspace or someplace to be entertained.

and are you guys reading some of these later posts?
j_goose makes an awesome point from someone who has top secret clearance.

I know everyone wanted to believe this guy, but if hes not for real why get upset?
Its ok to admit that you were tricked and move on.
Trust the ATS staff, they do know what they are doing, and its all to protect us from hoaxers.

no_one has a chance to prove himself, hes not completely banned, so lets just wait and see. If he survives this ordeal then we can all move forward with discussion without anyone trying to debunk him because we know hes legit,
on the same hand, if he isnt legit and does get banned, then lets kick ourselves in the but and move on.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Are they allowed to remove badges etc from their site in the first place?
I wonder if any employees of GL have belongings such as those outside of the workplace anyway.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Where is the consensus? There were only about 4 or 5 posters that were adamantly refusing to believe him. The rest were either on the fence or, like myself, interested in what he had to say.

Well, I'm all three. I'm interested in what he has to say but I'm on the fence because I don't believe SOME of the things he/she has said. Hence I need the recap of this and othe threads.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The other thing that bugs me about no_one's possible banning is that zx's thread is still up and running. Yes, he says that he is an "ex-employee" but he is making way more claims about black holes and stargates and other fringe theories that nobody seems to have a problem with. From what I saw skimming through his thread, he is barely even there to respond to anybody. Has anyone demanded that he provide proof of his previous employment?

No_one comes here to share with us a possible false-flag plot (that most members here truly think might happen) but gets flamed over radio receptions, athiest/agnostic discrepencies, and his posting times.

WTF!

[edit on 11-2-2008 by scooler1]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by T0by

they said anything would work, the badge was just one suggestion.
a cover letter etc, with the name and personal info blacked out.

apparently from what Im hearing no_one agreed to some of these procedures and then signed off...
perhaps he didnt want to be publicly humiliated, or perhaps he is gathering said proof.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by scooler1

scooler... CALM DOWN

do you really think the ATS staff dont know what they are doing?
they are trying to protect you from false information.

Why follow something that is giving you wrong info?

so just be patient, hes not banned yet!
if he was it would say "banned" under no_one's name, but it doesnt... so chilllllll.

no_one agreed to the scrutiny on the chat, and then signed off, so the balls in his park.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
just wondering, but if someone comes here claiming to be a 'whistleblower' or 'person in the know' of whatever sort, is it going to be in the terms and conditions from now on that they must actually PROVE who they are?

think about this carefully folks!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

I can't believe you've made me post on this thread! I generally read these types of threads as one would watch a sporting event. I find them entertaining and I usually choose a side to cheer for as it progresses.

So now on to you my friend.

go to myspace or someplace to be entertained.

I think you must be at the location you listed in your avatar because of the ample room for such an ego. I'm not sure who passed the ATS torch of decision making your way but perhaps you could give the lecturing a little rest.

This is quite a contradiction to your lecture. goose comes in on a late post and you've somehow managed to verify his credentials. I'd ask you to elaborate and by no means do I mean any offense to the goose.

The staff is trying to protect us from false information.

Thanks for this one Mr Orwell. We appreciate your concern. I for one will make my own decisions and pass on the protection part, thank you anyways.

If no_one proves to be who e says he is, then I will totally come out and admit that i was wrong in trying to debunk him

And lastly, this is fantastic news. You've given yourself a free pass! Awesome! Listen, I messed up with a chick about 10 years ago. Would you be so kind to get me the free pass you use?

Becker

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by scooler1
The other thing that bugs me about no_one's possible banning is that zx's thread is still up and running. Yes, he says that he is an "ex-employee" but he is making way more claims about black holes and stargates and other fringe theories that nobody seems to have a problem with. From what I saw skimming through his thread, he is barely even there to respond to anybody. Has anyone demanded that he provide proof of his previous employment?

No_one comes here to share with us a possible false-flag plot (that most members here truly think might happen) but gets flamed over radio receptions, athiest/agnostic discrepencies, and his posting times.

WTF!

[edit on 11-2-2008 by scooler1]

Totally agree. In fact I find noone more credible than him. I have no idea why the same standards aren't applying to him also.
Perhaps there was a stronger call for authenticity in this thread.
Maybe zx gives the readers what they want with outlandish claims and they're satisfied, so there's not as strong a calling for authenticity with him as there is with the somewhat bored readers of no_one.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
reply to post by scooler1

do you really think the ATS staff dont know what they are doing?

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Odessy]

it appears that way to alot of us.

i say let him post until the mods can prove he is a hoax, which he is not.

the mods are assuming "guilty till proven innocent"

sounds like censoreship to me.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It's not censorship, it's merely preventing the continuation of hoaxes and unverifiable claims.
Furthermore, it is not their job to prove hoaxes it is ours.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Well, this isn't my forum, I just post here. But I find the idea offensive that I need someone looking out to make sure I'm not being strung along. I'm an adult who reads fringe material all the time. One poster claiming to be a whistle blower is not going to break my fragile world view. It's just insulting to say that by censoring someone who may be lying, I am being protected. This is ATS for goodness sake! There are crazy things and hoaxes on here all the time.

I'm not aiming this statement at the mods, just the people who think I need babysitting.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

That is a very reasonable request....if it is required for him to keep posting

For example....here is my military ID: all personal info blacked out....taken in front of your post just now:

***sent to Springer. My husband wasnt please I did that. LOL

[edit on 11-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

[edit on 11-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Originally posted by Becker44
reply to post by Odessy

I think you must be at the location you listed in your avatar because of the ample room for such an ego. I'm not sure who passed the ATS torch of decision making your way but perhaps you could give the lecturing a little rest.

Thanks fro that, actually i was just inferring that people should wait and see if this guys is for real through the mods rather than keep the thread going just because people thought it was interesting. if people want to follow somehting that is interesting but false, then yes, go to said site or watch a fiction movie or something. While this site is entertaining, its not supposed to feed false info to the masses, however entertaining they are.

This is quite a contradiction to your lecture. goose comes in on a late post and you've somehow managed to verify his credentials. I'd ask you to elaborate and by no means do I mean any offense to the goose.

nothing about goose's story seems fishy to me. It makes a lot of sense and i think anyone else with that clearance can check that out for themselves. this is a post that someone can make without claiming to have A51 access.

Thanks for this one Mr Orwell. We appreciate your concern. I for one will make my own decisions and pass on the protection part, thank you anyways.

your welcome, and I dont know who Orwell is, silly me.
People are getting mad at the Mods, they shouldnt be because they are trying to spare us having to filter through useless crap.

And lastly, this is fantastic news. You've given yourself a free pass! Awesome! Listen, I messed up with a chick about 10 years ago. Would you be so kind to get me the free pass you use?

what i was merely trying to say here is that while i will admit i was wrong if no_one proves to the mods he is who he says he is, then people should also admit they were gullible for believing him if he has ran away.

I dont think the pass will help you though becker, you missed the ball on that one.

if you have anything else that you would like to direct at me, ill do my best to answer.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
reply to post by Odessy

I sure hope I got that quote thing right......

First, Super Dave is the bomb......Second, I don't get offended very easily, so no worries. Third, I'm a Jarhead(once a marine, always a marine), so excuse any typing errors.

I would always be willing to provide credentials for anything I'm asked. Although I was (I should have said was, not is, as I am not currently serving) Hrp--High Risk Personnel, that does not necessarily mean I had top secret clearance, other than current missions, etc. HRP also applies to those with actual High risk MOS--Millitary Occupational Specialty. Mine was 9953--Parachutist/combatant diver marine.

My post about outside electronics was based on my knowlegde of millitary porcedure and protocal. nothing more.

On that "z" fella's thread, I asked something similar, I haven't been bac there, as I got bored with that one.

As far as my background here, Yes, I am a late comer. I only joined recently after being turned on to watching that "endgame" video series. I found the site to be pretty cool, as I am what one might call a "seeker".

Anywho, I hope that cleared a little up.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I thought ATS was a think tank of people that encouraged folks to think for themselves, and make their own judgments of what is being posted. Does this mean all topics that can not be proven will be removed from ATS? I am really disappointed.

Regards
Trustnobody

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by j_goose

You failed at quotation.

Just select quote, and type everything below it outside of the jumbled url stuff.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join