It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Q and A

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by no_one817

Sorry No_One. Can't get into the chat for lack of posting on ATS I guess. There is a minimum of 200 posts to join your chat.
I just have one question.
You say GWB was not in on it but that does not mean 9/11 wasn't an inside job. As far as you know, was it an inside job (demolition of the Twin Towers and WTC #7)?
Did you know anything about it? Did you debrief people who were in on it?

Thank you for all the information you have shared on this topic.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by budfox]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The member will not be responding until we work out some confirmation behind the scenes.

More as we know it.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
that doesnt sound good. this guy has a good story. i thought this was skunkworks??

if he is who he says he is, i dont know how anyone will get any info from him other than what he want to tell us.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by moderndayHanSolo]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by moderndayHanSolo
that doesnt sound good. this guy has a good story. i thought this was skunkworks??

if he is who he says he is, i dont know how anyone will get any info from him other than what he want to tell us.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by moderndayHanSolo]

The ATS staff has their ways of knowing if someone is genuine and confirming it. Stuff that most of us don't know because if we did there would be threads like this popping up everyday.

The only thing I ask is how did he know if he wasn't being traced on here unless he had access to ATS logs? Think of hackers. They have to access the system first in order to start clearing their tracks. He's saying you don't need to do that. I don't think so. You NEED to have access to the server logs to do what he's talking about. There's no magic software that can completely keep you from being traced. Even if you use proxies to try to hide your IP you can still be traced, it just takes longer.

I'm not here debuking anything. I brought up a question that nobody else was really asking, but you can see that others hinted at it. So I know I'm not the only person who had this question in mind. After I read his first post on here I didn't think "Oh cool. I wonder what he has to say about Area 51". I thought "How's he checking to see if his IP can be traced on ATS unless he's hacked the server and got his hands on their logs?".

Too many people on here took him and zx4551 for being the real deal and don't notice the little details in anything they've said that would give away if they're a hoax or not.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The member will not be responding until we work out some confirmation behind the scenes.

More as we know it.

Well this thread has taken an interesting turn. I have been following this for awhile now and it would really suck if this guy was totally scamming us.

If the admin guys confirm that he is who he says he is, this thread is going to blow up! And the die-hard "hoax busters" will most certainly slink off to their respective corners with major egg on their faces.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I'm not a "hoax buster" and I wouldn't slink off to my little corner if he was proven to be real. I just want to know how he can test if his IP is being traced without accessing the ATS server. The only software I can think of that would hide your IP is proxy software and even then, you can still be traced, it just takes longer since it doesn't actually hide your IP. It just runs it through different countries.

He's been a member since January 16th, 2008 and it's now February 11th, 2008. IMHO he's been here long enough to know that his "software" works and he can give more details and he hasn't. That makes me think he's just stringing people along, making them think he's paranoid of being caught giving out what he knows.

I've never said that what I've said is fact, it's just all my opinions and if I'm proven wrong I honestly wouldn't care. It wouldn't phase me a bit.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

what about a face to face meeting with you or one of the other site owners, or a respected member of ATS and no_one, if no_one agreed to it.? no_one could show what proof he had to backup his claim of working at area 51. naturally it would have to be at a place no_one felt comfortable with, and probably public, and he'd have to be able to verify you weren't followed and all that jazz. I don't know just making a suggestion.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

More as we know it.

That is a very interesting turn of events in this thread. will a u2u be sent out, or a post in this thread telling everyone if he passed the mustard or not?

man i wish i could have made your chat session, to bad i missed it and didn't have 200 post
I did have an idea while reading thru the last few pages to get caught up. What if this plan to delay the elections was really a test on the staff of GL, to see who would keep there mouth shut, and who would spill the beans so to speak. what are your feelings on that? either way you put yourself at great risk if you are who you say you are. i'm still on the fence hope to see more posts from you.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

What if his tracing test was to see if by him even posting on this site would raise any gov't suspicion? If i worked at GL you better believe i'd just stick my toe in to test out the water. Then go back to work and see if there was any unusual activity by the people higher in the chain. If i didn't see anything then i'd go back to that site make a claim and answer some questions while i was off base for red flag, then go back to work and see what happens. The only drawl back to that is i'd have to keep myself from getting a false sense of security the more i slowly leaked the information i had.

This only my opinion whether thats what he was doing or not is up to no_one to say. And honestly i think thats whats stured up all the debunkers. was he posted that first post then came back with this delay the election plan.

Edit Spelling.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

WOW This should be good!!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank goodness the voices of reason have gotten involved. I'd trust SO and Springer on face value alone. They'll do the right thing.

If no_one is confirmed as legitimately being who he purports to be, we all need to prepare ourselves to either; A; see this conversation moved somewhere fairly private so it can come to some kind of fruition (like R.A.T.S.- even tho that leaves a lot of us out), or B: see this thread closed for safety reasons for all of us who have posted on it.
Sure, there are threads similar to this all the time, however, this one is getting downright spooky. And very, very drawn out...

...Or, conversely, things maintain the staus quo here in CT Land, and we keep on truckin'...which is what I am guessing will happen...

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by shiman
Hello

I'm not going to come in with an attack on you honesty because i am not that ignorant. You are very honest though

Do you know anything about how the government is going to use the fequencies gained by the digital switch on February 14, 2009?

Hi,

Maybe I can help with this.

A lot of the frequencies have been auctioned off for billions of dollars to cell phone companies and Google.

The government is reserving some of the frequencies that are in the analog TV band for "Public Safety" usage. Ostensibly, this means they would be used by EMS, Fire Depts and Police.

The problem is that there was a LOT of communications infrastructure built up post-9/11 for public safety use. In my state an entire state-wide radio system was set up on the 700Mhz band, so that any responder could talk to another one 400 miles away. They built millions of dollars worth of radio towers and the radios were so expensive they had to award grants from Homeland Security in order for smaller departments to afford them.

The ambulance service I work for just got radios this week for this type of system and the handhelds were $1200 each.

So, I don't think public safety will be investing a lot of time or money for a long time on new radios and frequencies.

Does this mean there is a conspiracy to Bogart RF spectrum for government use? Probably not, but who knows?

Sorry for the tangent. I now return you to your regularly scheduled episode of HoaxBusters.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by no_one817

Originally posted by gariac

Actually at night time (when Coast to Coast is on), 840 comes in at the Nellis range. Also 640 (KFI) out of LA. There is another station out of New Mexico that makes it out there. From higher locations, you can hear 95.1 out of Pahrump. It isn't line of sight, so the signal sounds a bit distorted.

NPR geeks can hear KNPR right up to Coyote Summit. It doesn't reach Rachel. Of course I know all this stuff because I've actually been to the border areas. You don't find this mundane stuff on the net.

Again, when you plan your next hoax, you need to consider such details.

840 comes in loud and clear to nellis, but does not to gl. 640 Comes on on the 93 but drops off once you hit Alamo. The rest of what you said really makes little to no difference. My radio that I listen to is a satellite radio. That or simple mp3 music. Would you know about 840 coming in loud and clear to gl having never been on the base? no. I get that you are trying to debunk me, but doing it by trying to claim I'm wrong about 840's range to gl is pretty weak.

P.s saying NPR reaches Coyote Summit basically is reaching Rachel, unless the signal drops off after another 4 or 5 miles.... Another mundane fact I suppose.

You just proved yourself to be a hoax. On a high security base, no outside electronic devices are allowed. You would NEVER be able to listen to music of any form other than what is piped in through a loud speaker or an intercom.

I am in the know on this one. I will directly answer crededtial questions. I have never been to 51, but this sort of thing is common knowledge to anyone afilited with millitary high security clearance. I am a marine (HRP), so to say you listen to an MP3 or any other device is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
For those of you that missed the chat, or were unable to make it due to lack of posts: an brief synopsis as I remember it. (For posterity, at the very least).

I only was there for the last five minutes or so, but I observed the OP, and seven to eight members/mods. One or two rotated in and out of the "room" at intervals.

The mods I noted were: SkepticOverlord, Intrepid, and FredT arrived sort of late.

The focus of the questions seemed (to me) to mainly concern how the OP would be able to prove his/her identity once and for all, to the satisfaction of SkepticOverlord. Suggestions were made both by the OP and mods/members. The OP seemed in agreement with at least a few of the methods suggested (barring the blatently ridiculous, of course).

It ended rather suddenly and abruptly with SO leaving the room, then no_one817 lost his connection and was "yanked" less than 30 seconds after. The remaining mods disconnected in short order. SO returned as the remainder of the us were wondering if it was "all over", and informed us that he had banned _817 from posting and chat until it was all settled.

My analysis of what will happen (while unimportant, and only using info gleaned from the chat) is as follows: SO wants U2U proof from the OP to satisfy his requirements for continuation of the thread. If they are not met, I am certain we won't see no_one817 anymore.

That's what I know, as I saw it. I tried to remain objective here, and if I missed or omitted anything, I am truly sorry. Anybody that was there, please feel free to add/correct.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

While I wasn't in the chat I just spoke with SkepticOverlord and he indicated that noone817 was not willing to send a scanned image of his ID Badge, cover letter or some sort of documentation which would identify the appropriate agency while not identifying noone817.

In other words he can black out any personal identification, name, address, etc... while still leaving enough visible that a reasonable person could tell the agency that issued the ID.

I guess that's it for noone817 unless he wants to send us a scanned image.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well, "For Fox Lake!"

This is exactly where we were when no_one started posting: Claims made, mods asking for proof, threats about banning.
Why go through all the poppycock of the past 30 pages or so just to have the Mods ban? And why ban now? something big must have been discussed in chat, or SO is just getting tired and cranky?

Personally, I think no_one has added a refreshing presence on ATS and I thought things were just getting good! I don't mind being strung along on a hoax; Lord knows we all are being hoaxed everyday, everywhere we look. The beauty of these type is we can FULLY choose to be strung along (or not).

I will miss no_one's threads.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

So, are you saying that he is banned until he provides proof of his employer?

I thought we were to be the judge if no_one stayed or went. Aside for the few members that tried to debunk him, there were no calls for his banning. I feel that this action being taken is wrong. This guy is not a "ghostraven" type making fantastical claims and contradicting himself.

If anything, this shows to others that may have information that would interest us how they could be treated if they do not provide the personal info we request. I think it is ingnorant to ask someone trying to remain annonymous for any type of personal info just to make the few chronic debunkers happy.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You just proved yourself to be a hoax. On a high security base, no outside electronic devices are allowed

I was puzzling over this also. Didn't want to mention it as OP seemed a bit touchy about people attempting to catch him out. He mentioned that nothing is allowed in or out in an earlier post so that rules out an iPod or similar. Could have been listening to MP3s on a work terminal but I doubt a place like GL would allow someone to upload files onto a work machine. I have read that military systems are not connected to the internet in any way, for obvious security reasons so that may count out any downloads. So how is he listening to these supposed MP3s? Furthermore, he mentions that his radio is a satellite radio- hence he can pick up distant stations. Notwithstanding the previous claim that nothing can be brought in or out, I have serious doubts that any item capable of receiving encrypted digital signals (i.e. a satellite radio) would be allowed at a place like Groom Lake.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
this really sux.

why ban this guy?

and the mods should realize he is not gonna send anything to prove himself. no one who really is from GL or area 51 is gonna send proof via anyway to a bunch of "mods", LOL.

this is skunkworks, but the mods still feel the need to be "dominant and controlling"

i guess the egos of some people are more important than letting a guy who sounds truthful tell his story in skunkworks.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by moderndayHanSolo

I totally agree with you.

The fact that he refuses to send any type of "proof" tells me that he probably is who he says he is. It is not hard to make fake documentation and if I were to pull off a big hoax I would have something already made up to "prove" who I was.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
[quote a guy who sounds truthful tell his story in skunkworks.

I think the point here is that the consensus is that he doesn't sound truthful.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join