It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA gave Israel a spacecraft in 1975 according to Pres. Shimon Peres

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I came across this artical in the Jerusalem Post

MOST PEOPLE are under the impression that Israel's adventures in outer space began with the late Col. Ilan Ramon, whose journey on the space shuttle Columbia ended in tragedy five years ago

But President Shimon Peres disclosed last week that Israel had engaged in cooperative endeavors with the United States National Aeronautics and Space Administration since the mid-1970s.

In 1975, when putting in a request to the US for military acquisitions, he also asked for a spacecraft, and for Israel to be allowed to participate in NASA programs.

There were many eyebrows raised in Israel at the time, said Peres, but it was a period in which the superpowers were busy exploring space and developing the most advanced technologies to send a man to the moon, and it was imperative that Israel be involved.

The Americans acceded to Israel's request, and there had been flourishing cooperation between NASA and Israel ever since, said Peres.

Link to source article

I had to look up accede just to make sure it was what I thought it was.

ac·cede
verb (used without object), -ced·ed, -ced·ing. 1. to give consent, approval, or adherence; agree; assent; to accede to a request; to accede to the terms of a contract.

What kind of spacecraft were we giving away in 1975?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I think it was Apollo 13.

Seriously, must be a rocket and /or sattelite. Jericho 1 - operational near end of 1971. It's logical, France pulled out, so help was asked from US.

oops, just noticed 1975.
So after wikiing- it's jerico 2 ,actually.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 5-2-2008 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It does not say that Israel was specifically given a spacecraft... or am I missing it? LOL. Fluff column, "good news" human interest piece. [invisible]meme[/invisible] No doubt there is extensive "co-operation" at least that far back though. Wink.

Thanks, I'll point this piece out to friends,

Vic

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

Well Peres specifically ask for one, and NASA agrees.

So, for 33 years these two have been flourishing together in space exploration? Huh?

Makes ya wonder.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
He asked for a spacecraft AND to be allowed to participate in NASA missions. NASA could acceed to the request for them to be allowed to participate in the missions and not give them a spacecraft at all. Just because they acceeded to ONE part of the request doesn't mean they gave them everything they asked for.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Israel asked to participate. NASA said yes.

Israel is a technology forward country, so adding them in to the list of nations that participate in NASA'a endeavors is a logical conclusion. This does NOT mean however, that NASA gave them a spacecraft. They didn't. They simply allowed them to participate. Israel, like many other nations, contributes in a number of ways. They add technical support. They participate in missions with both personnel and/or equipment. They rip us off with kosher meals on the shuttle... err I mean they add to life aboard spacecraft.

If you think there is some "Sekret" zionist agenda in the deep black, involving hidden NASA and JPL builds, you would be in error.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Thanks Zap'. Ever since the days that Israel "hasn't had the bomb" I would expect a pragmatic integration in the military and civilian agencies related to many similar pursuits where common ground was found. I don't for one minute believe that a spacecraft changed hands... maybe some sat stuff and tech assistance. I am willing to learn.

The current dissonance in whether another nation of concern has a similar capability on the horizon does seem to differ on the "sunrise" of that capability... and does not suggest the level of co-operation one might expect in historical context. Could be on purpose too... might embolden some to act where otherwise they might not.

Vic

[edit on 5-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Hey Terapin, thanks for replying.

Do you have any proof other than you say so? Please share, thank you in advance.

How does one pick and choose what was agreed upon out of his statement.

After all, he brought it up. He said he asked for it, and he didn't say he didn't get it. He actually said they agreed.

PS You to Zap, please share!

[edit on 5-2-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Israel: "Hey America, I want spacecraft, wah wah wah!"

America: "Here you go, good little Israel. Anything else you would like?"

Tell me this is not true.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

If you think that's bad...

In the taped conversation, Graham was agreeing with Nixon's earlier comments on Jews when he said, "This stranglehold has got to be broken or the country's going down the drain."

"You believe that?" Nixon asked in response.

"Yes, sir," Graham replied.

"Oh boy. So do I," replied Nixon. "I can't ever say that but I believe it."

"No, but if you get elected a second time, then we might be able to do something," Graham responded. (The Watergate Hotel burglary of the Democratic national headquarters took place on June 17, 1972. Nixon was reelected that November.)

source

The quiet killer isn't always quiet.

AAC

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Pretty shocking, but I'll raise you.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

All in!

In 1954, the Israeli secret service set up a spy ring in Egypt, with the purpose of blowing up US and British targets. The operation was code-named "Susanah." The terrorist hits were to be blamed on the regime of Egyptian President Gamal Abdul Nasser, with the purpose of alienating the US and Britain from Egypt and Nasser and somehow preventing Egyptian nationalization of the Suez canal.

Lavon Affair

AAC

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Pretty shocking, but I'll raise you.

I'll see that bet

Youtube

[edit on 6-2-2008 by kthulu]

new topics

top topics