It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rambo brings down Burmese Junta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This is fiction, but very political fiction. And it probably also is wishful thinking. Most significant it's PC. Naturally the junta don't like it.

Junta takes aim at latest Rambo movie

Police in Myanmar have given DVD hawkers strict orders not to stock the new Rambo movie, which features the Vietnam War veteran taking on the former Burma's ruling military junta, a Yangon resident told Reuters on Friday.

Though I'm no fan of Rambo or the violence he represents, I wouldn't mind if it actually could influence the course of events.

"This movie could fuel the sentiment of Myanmar people to invite American troops to help save them from the junta," one Yangon resident told Reuters by e-mail.

In the movie, John Rambo, played by Hollywood superstar Sylvester Stallone, comes out of retirement in Bangkok to save a group of Christian missionaries taken captive by troops in the jungles of eastern Myanmar.

Interesting plot line. I just would like to see it in a domestic set-up: VETs taking over DoD or something, extorting White House to stop their wars. But it wouldn't be PC.

I also posted about this movie in my Burma thread

new topics

join