It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea Clinton in CT Polling Place on Day of Primary- Illegal campaigning?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I don't think I ever mentioned Chelsea Clinton voting.

Did you bother to read the law I posted?

No candidate or their representative can be within 70 feet of a polling place on the DAY of the primary.

Hillary Clinton's State of Connecticut delegates should be disqualified. She broke the law.

This issue could make or break the Clinton campaign.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

Sec. 9-236. Activities prohibited in and near polling place; distance markers; entry restricted; exceptions. (a) On the day of any primary, referendum or election, no person shall solicit in behalf of or in opposition to the candidacy of another or himself or in behalf of or in opposition to any question being submitted at the election or referendum, or loiter or peddle or offer any advertising matter, ballot or circular to another person within a radius of seventy-five feet of any outside entrance in use as an entry to any polling place or in any corridor, passageway or other approach leading from any such outside entrance to such polling place or in any room opening upon any such corridor, passageway or approach, except as provided in section 9-294.

Biggie, this is what you posted as being the law of CT.

In that list of activities, there is nothing said about delivering donuts before the polls open.

Even if she didn't leave prior to the polls having opened, she still didn't do any of the things that are listed as being illegal.

Someone else's point was that if it is illegal for candidates and their representatives to be at a polling place on election day at all, how are they supposed to vote.

Clearly, it's not being there that is at issue, but what a person does while there that is at issue.

Had she hung out at the polling place eating donuts and schmoozing with the staff and voters, then that would have been a violation.

<< 1   >>

join