It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commercial ads! Frickin' HATE em'!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Ever watch a commercial and find it funny for the first few times? But while your watching an interesting movie, the commercials roll 3 minutes after they had just cut from them? I've seen more and more of this crap. Ah, and the commercial itself. It's always some god damn snickers commercial where the pilgram and viking are throwing crap around. If it's not going to make me buy a snickers the first 6000 times it has run in one day, it's not going to make me the next 20,000 times.

The car commercials. Come one, seriously, a guy dancing and them dumping water onto him? WTF does a man dancing around have anything to do with a goddamn KIA?

There must be others out there who share the same feelings! I mean, IT'S A CHOCOLATE BAR AND A CAR! WE DON'T NEED TO BE BRAINWASHED EVERY SECOND OF THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T.V. sells out too much.. Look at Mtv.. I have yet to see a decent music station in the last 5 years. Reality T.V., Stupid game shows, is this what we've become? I hate it!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MadSeason313

That's just TV in general. Even when it isn't commercial time, TV shows and movies are still cramming product placements down our throats.

But if you really hate them that much, there is always Tivo.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I have noticed that the commercials on TV these days don't make much sense. But whatever misgivings one might have for them, it's just not possible to run a station profitably without them. Alas, they're a necessary evil.

Now, if the ads were like this, I'd be really pissed off:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Yeah I know it's nesessary. But c'mon, what's the point in some dude rolling down a hill, falling hundreds of feet, while making out with a woman just to tell you that a deodernat body wash is good? Thousands of dollars spent to make someone smile and say, that should increase my sex appeal, maybe I should invest in this product. I hate television. Seldomly will I actually watch it. Even the news has become ridiculous, try watching Anderson Cooper without showing your fingers down your throat just to ease the nauseating feeling you get from his stupidity.

I'm not saying all television is like this, for the most part, it is.

Tivo? I'm too cheap to buy it. Never really did watch tv to the point where I would want to rewind it and all that junk.

Got Milk? Get me a whopper! Dirty Mouth? Clean it up!

Whatever... This is a rant forum, i'm just venting!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
i agree. commercials blow...
get dvr baby.
record your favorite shows and watch them the next day and fast forward through all the crapola

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Head on, apply directly to the forehead.
Head on, apply directly to the forehead.

That ad is now stuck with me for life.... And I hate it.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
"Head on apply directly to the forhead"

I know what you mean slash.....I know what you mean.

They paid close to nothing in that commercial, and yet, it makes you want to apply the nearest obstacle to your forhead.. :bnghd: yup!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
hey Madseason you are more than welcome to join a forum that I belong to. COMMERCIALS I HATE

The place absolutely rocks.
We bash em all. The people are really cool as well.
stop by and rant till you are exhausted.
repeat as needed.

new topics

top topics

join