It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with Podcast Upload please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hello I am attempting to upload my first Podcast. I used recommended software from the Boards here. Audacity and the Lame program. I recorded my podcast with no problem, I am able to open the saved version and listen to it also with out a problem.

However when I go to upload it I get the following message:

----> Array|Sputniksteve Live from Nowhere.mp3 12442774 application/x-prn-download 57application/x-prn-download
Create a new PODcast.
Your file, atsppod_2797.mp3, of application/x-prn-download is not supported, please try a different file.

Does this look familiar to anyone by chance? I tried twice to upload and got the same message both times. Thanks in advance for any help you all can offer.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I remember having this problem when Podcasts first came out!

I cannot for the life of me recall what caused this - however it MAY have to do with the actual mp3 'codec' used, or the bitrate sampling. Is it 128 bit? 192?

Try changing them around and see if it works. Will do a quick search to see if I can find the reason

Thx

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
What's the file size?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Ok some indicate that the problem lays with the filesize being more than 4 megs. Others say the bitrate has to be 96, and others (and i'm thinking this is the actual reason) is that it needs to be uploaded in internet explorer and not firefox or other browsers.

Hope that helps

Thx

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Super cool mission accomplished folks! I really appreciate the help. It turns out it was due to the fact that I was using Firefox, as soon as I tried IE it uploaded without a problem. Cheers!

**Can anyone suggest a site I can use for royalty-free music to put in podcasts? This is fun.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by sputniksteve]

[edit on 5-2-2008 by sputniksteve]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

I would suggest mixing your own music for use in podcast. Its tough finding copyright-free music.

I use garageband on my mac, but there's similar program in Windows or Linux.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Thanks Biggie. Your podcast was the first I ever listened to btw

I am going to ask a couple more questions in the "podcasts for idiots guide" thread on the more advanced things like this, it would be nice to hear any other input/suggestions you might have in there.

new topics

top topics

join