It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden Egyptology

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
And why does Hawass look so shifty?

lol thanks for the giggle. I forgot how much I like that word.

I would have guessed it was contemporary. wow. That is a nice lid.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
And why does Hawass look so shifty?

lol thanks for the giggle. I forgot how much I like that word.

I would have guessed it was contemporary. wow. That is a nice lid.

Great word idn't ...

I thought it was a huge tool box at first, or some sort of equipment storage box...then I read the captions.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I was wondering why you were posting a pic of a giant electrical box.

edited to cross my t

[edit on 6-6-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Water erosion
French scholar, mathematician, philosopher, and amateur Egyptologist R.A. Schwaller de Lubicz in the 1950s was the first to note water erosion to the Sphinx, an idea expanded upon by writer John Anthony West in the 1970s. In the 1990s Robert M. Schoch of Boston University investigated the geology of the Sphinx at the urging of John Anthony West, and concluded based solely on the geological evidence that the Sphinx must be much older than currently believed. Schoch has argued that the particular weathering found on the body of the Sphinx and surrounding “ditch” or “hollow” the monument was carved from, displays evidence that can only be caused from prolonged water erosion.[16] Egypt’s last time period where there was a significant amount of rainfall ended during the late 4th to early 3rd millennium BC. Schoch claims the amount of water erosion the Sphinx has experienced indicates a construction date no later than the 6th millennium BC or 5th millennium BC, at least two thousand years before the widely accepted construction date and 1500 years prior to the accepted date for the beginning of Egyptian civilization.

from Geology?

So, looking for that report I read over a year ago of evidence of a great flood surrounding and partly covering up things around Giza, I found more evidence than I need to continue thinking along the lines of, current accepted information is mostly false information.

Till some of you people recognize how much of your theory is based on lies, you will continue to stumble around in the dark.

Take heart, the volume of new information to categorize is going to amaze you.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Excellent read. Most of the Egyptian gods have human bodies with animal heads. This combo just makes you wonder. facinating.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
I see anomaly here, but that's just me. This is most probably what they say it is...just a lid. However the craftsmanship is pretty remarkable.

Great pictures PhotonEffect.

Its not only you, because when you compare that magnificent peace of stonework with all the rest around it then you can indeed call it an anomaly.

I have seen the other photos on the thread you mentioned and they are very, very interesting indeed.
To bad the direct link doesn’t work for some reason here, but it are some 19 very interesting photos.

On this photo you see debris of another but broken one.

And this looks like some sort of sarcophagus of such, but what good be in it?

You know PhotonEffect, I have because of so many other obvious twisted and therefore disputable so called AE facts through all those years now no single shred of hope or thrust whatsoever that we will know what they really found there.

But I hope I am 100% wrong.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
On this photo you see debris of another but broken one.

Yes, and if you look closely you can see the piece with the perfect right angles...

Reminded me of this piece:

And this looks like some sort of sarcophagus of such, but what good be in it?

I think it might've been the sacred bulls of Apis were buried in those, but not 100% sure... Although I've now become more curious about the Serapeum in general... Looks to be an extensive network of tunnels.

You know PhotonEffect, I have because of so many other obvious twisted and therefore disputable so called AE facts through all those years now no single shred of hope or thrust whatsoever that we will know what they really found there.

But I hope I am 100% wrong.

Quite frankly I hope you are too, but you're right, we may never get the whole story, for many reasons.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

My very first thought was that there´s some kind of construction going on and the piece is a modern day piece put there by the construction company.

You mean to say this is ancient?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
What is their take on that papyrus? what do they think it means? The context?

Thats a good question which needs an answer soon. I dont have the answer to that at the moment.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Yes, do look into the serapeum. Highly recommended.

You´ll notice a few strange inconsistencies. See if you discover them yourself before I add them to this thread.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I thought the same thing Sky regarding the lid. That doesn't look anything like something crafted from stone. It looks metallic. I remember first looking at it thinking construction equipment. Then I read the caption (AOL news) that mentions Hawass standing in front of a slab of granite. Then the bells started going off...

Re: the Serepeum, I will most definitely look into this more. I know that it was closed off to the public for 10 years for restoration work. 10 years. One little thing that caught my eye from some pics I've seen are the archways. Not sure if those are original or were added in later years.

I'll be back with what I find in short time, and maybe we can compare notes... I'm curious to see what you've got...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

yes...10 YEARS of closing-off to the public without much to show for those 10 years is one of the oddities.

More soon.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Yes, and taking in to account the ice core records showing the short ice age some odd 10,500 years ago.

I would be willing to bet that piece of wood by the small door in the shaft of the queen's chamber would test to be older than that?

At least the evidence is pointing in that direction.

Could explain all the ruins under water.

Some parts go up and some parts go down, thus a flood, but more like land sinking under water. Volcanic activity, tectonic plates shifting, and all of that good stuff.

Few survivors of all species.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I´ve made some new, not-yet-published discoveries that warrant writing an e-book entitled "Forbidden Egyptology".

The concept is to present one inconsistency / cover-up / lie of mainstream egyptology per chapter. This book should not cover the stuff already published by others in english but only new data or new angles to existing data.

I started writing this e-book a few days ago. If anyone would like to co-author the book with me, drop me a U2U.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The Antiquities smuggling conspiracy

Its nice to know that our ancient history is in good hands.

Antiquities Smuggling: A crime against humanity

Illegal Excavations

In 2002 a set of granite reliefs from the Temple of Isis at Beihbet Al-Hegara in the Delta turned up on the auction block at Christie's in New York.

Last month we learned that 619 Pharaonic artefacts, stolen from the Egyptian Museum in 2000 and smuggled to London via Switzerland, were shortly to be retrieved and returned to Egypt following the arrest of the thieves by the British authorities. But no sooner had this announcement been made, than it was revealed that 15 antiquities which had disappeared from the stores at the College of Fine Arts and the Maadi Museum, were up for auction in United Kingdom

Antiquities police recently traced and arrested a seven-member gang operating in Establ Antar west of Assiut for illegal trading in antiquities

and some of the foreign collectors of illegally-obtained Egyptian antiquities have proved in the past to be well-known curators of museums abroad.

Unfortunately, the antiquities smuggling trade embraces all levels, from the lowest to the highest. It was revealed last year that Tarek El-Siwaissi, chairman of the National Democratic Party's (NDP) office in the Giza Governorate, had been remanded in custody for 15 days pending investigation. El-Siwaissi was accused of having amassed a huge fortune -- estimated at LE33 million -- from smuggling Pharaonic antiquities to Europe and America over the previous two years. He had allegedly made hefty bribes to certain high- ranking NDP figures to ensure his selection as chairman of the NDP office in Egypt's primary antiquities area, where he would have easy access to antiquities officials who would help him conduct his illicit smuggling. Six officials --four of whom are still on the run -- were also implicated in the scandal

similar to those in the hoard of 36 gold bracelets and two gold rings discovered in 1905 in the Kom Abu Bello area in the Delta Governorate of Beheira, and which were reported "missing from the basement of the Egyptian Museum" three months ago

There is a continual flow of Pharaonic slate palettes, pottery shards, glazed figurines, bronze statuettes, Coptic stone carved heads and tapestries, amulets and Graeco-Roman objects out of Egypt. Some of these objects appear for auction on a regular basis. Last month's successful raid by the antiquities police on the private dwelling of an antiquities dealer in Badrashin (ancient Memphis), which resulted in the confiscation of what the press described as a "horde of treasures, mostly Graeco- Roman", all ready for shipment abroad, is proof that the business is thriving.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Judas sold out Jesus for a bag of gold.

What is the point of trying to change human nature?

The thing most disturbing is the willful denial of reality.

If I have an opportunity, I would kind of like to get off this ride. I don't particularly like what I see at the moment.

the edit:

It looks like all you need to do is put in a sewer line around Cairo and you can come up with hundreds of thousands of artifacts like that.

That whole area has a hidden past.

Why did the Hebrews go to Egypt in the first place? Where do you always turn in times of trouble? Home and family, because they knew where their roots were, Egypt.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by win 52]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hot commodity it seems.

Who knows what may be floating around the black markets or hidden away in some private collection somewhere....

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

For those concerned about what may be found under the Sphinx of Giza (the famous Hall of Records, a "forbidden" concept in egyptology), there is a new debate on ATS just there:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Take a look. Welcome on board.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alazar
Hello everyone,

For those concerned about what may be found under the Sphinx of Giza (the famous Hall of Records, a "forbidden" concept in egyptology), there is a new debate on ATS just there:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Take a look. Welcome on board.

Thanks Alazar. I read your entire thread long before you posted this. I´ll contribute something to it once if I get an idea what to contribute.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hi,
I have recently visited and marvelled at the Pyramids at Giza. An incredible sight and to think it took...according to Egyptologists 30 years to construct, yet they cannot agree how !. But I have read enough about them to question the age and accepted timescale of 3000-4500 years old!! They were built to image Orion's Belt!! Astronomers and Egyptologists will tell you the Pyramids were built when Orion was at it's lowest horizon, to represent the rising of the gods into the heavens. If you take into account that the Earth's axial spin is a rotating wobble! Tarea51his would place the Pyramids commencing NOT 3 to 4,000 years ago, but 10,000- 10,500 years ago!! Which then poses all kinds of conundrums. Also, there are moves to search below the pyramids, as news of Mayan temples having chambers below their pyramids have caused a stir and questions of What if??

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join