It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden Egyptology

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceweaver
I think we are often in danger of thinking that the wisdom to be revealed is better than what has already been revevealed. The Emerald tablets are a case in point and have always fascinated me:

The story is a classic hoax, but an interesting one. This was done by someone (presumably the original author) who hadn't done much reading on history, for he gets so many things wrong. I find the philosophy a bit watered down and kind of predictable, but the fabricated tale certainly would be good scifi fanfic.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbmitch
reply to post by Hanslune

"With the "high technology" we find none of this."

-American Archeology, featured an article about "Copper Ore Mining and Smelting in the Northern Mid-west that pre-dated American Indians,,,
Article came out approximately 2 years ago.

Yep people were smelting copper - which is high tech, we have a fairly good idea of what the copper was used for and have artifacts (speaking of world wide copper production). I helped to do some survey work in the old Cypriote mines, which provided a significant percentage of the Western Meds Copper.

"Pre-dated American Indians" ? Please explain

On the other subject, yep again, lots of known organizations with stated objectives and membership lists. Not a one of them has supression of archaeology on the agenda? AFAIK - and not many people who are versed in those subjects. Well maybe the Vatican a long time ago - but they got better.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

How did they get better? Better at hiding what they are doing? (joke)
assuming for a minute the Vatican is no longer going out of its way to suppress things detrimental to its religious teachings etc (ahem), when are they going to release the hundreds or thousands of ancient relics and books they confiscated and hid over the years? Don't tell me they didn't, I think that would be a naive thing to believe, even if they haven't admitted as such.

as far as related to archeology: well I think the point of that list was to show that there ARE (formerly) secret(ive) groups (eg bilderbergers were denied for many years and kept secret from the public for decades) with amazing clout around, who may very well be "running the world". Who they might delegate the suppression of ancient artifacts to, if they do that kind of thing, I wouldnt claim to know (since its a secret....), Although groups controlling education (rockerfeller foundation etc) go a long way to not even needing much active suppression just by getting people in the right (wrong) mindset and crushing free thinkers wherever possible.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Howdy Diablomonic

To keep from derailing this Forbidden Egyptology, I've started a Conspiracy thread.

[edit on 3/4/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Hi Hans

No worries, I'll post anything else I think of there.

on a more relevant topic, did any of you get a chance to check out the link I posted earlier? especially interested in whether the authors comments on cro magnon man line up with more mainstream timelines? (ie 4 waves, starting ~40ky BP, 20ky BP, 16ky bp and 12ky bp, all around the atlantic in areas refugees from a mid atlantic island might be expected to show up...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

On the copper ore and mining site ,, (working off of memory,,,I'm overseas)..the "culture" needed to support this level of mining and smelting appearantly came and left without much of a clue of who they were,, at least thats what i remember. I dont remember if dating the site was done by the strata level in the soil or carbon dating.

Suppression of archealogical finds,,,, the Smithsonian Institute on two occassions that come to mind,, but there are how many more?

-Grave site remains found on the east coast of the USA in the later 1800's of human like skeletons that were approximatelly 7 1/2 and 8 feet in height, believe it was a male, female and child. The Smithsonian had signed for the remains and the transaction was logged into the town ledger of activities.

Same for the remains of soul remaining Native American who was finally trapped like an animal and kept in a jail (believe it was CAlifornia) until he died,, supposely of TB. Smithsonian kept his remains.
I believe this remains we finally successfully recoverd by the NAtive American Association and the bones returned to a tribe , in the Nothwest.

This is not the same remains of the caucausoid skull found in ,,Oregon or Washington State ,,,obviously not Native American skull structure,

Sorry I cant offer more I'm overseas and have limited access and resources.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

To keep from derailing this Forbidden Egyptology, I've started a Conspiracy thread.

Didnt see that ,,I'll switch over also,,,

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by diablomonic

Was this the stargate in Iraq refference,, I went there it was a compiliation of previous work , collated to make a point on some topics,, never found the Stargate refference though

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jbmitch

no the www.atlantisquest.com site.

written up by retired anthropologist R cedric leonard.
Basically what I would consider a fairly no nonsense, quite convincing run through of all sorts of different evidences for the existence of "Atlantis". What I would like is for those here with (much) more knowledge then me in relevant areas to point out any glaring mistakes they see etc, point out anything they consider convincing/interesting. Basically, I like to get both sides of an issue to make my mind up, I figure this is as good a place as any to get it (from the likes of Byrd Hanslune etc)

cheers

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by diablomonic

"no the www.atlantisquest.com site."

I agree there are some pretty sharp knives in this drawer (ATS).

Back on Egypyology: Suppression of Archeaological sites and discoveries:

My "spidy" censors just go off the scale when the "Egyptian Site" in the Grand Canyon is mentioned,,, why,,,
Because there is just such a discovery made in Australia,, appearantly the inscriptions tell of a Prince of Rhamese III that there was little known about until this discovery and the narrative found engraved on the canyon wall ,, that they were exploring an very unhospitble land full of poisionous creatures and many had died from their venomous bites and stings,,
And that this Prince of Rhamese the III lay slowly dying or dead (in cultures there are various degrees of being dead)......
So if Eygptians made their way to Australia then surely the could of made it to the Grand Canyon, and I beleive they did,,,
Which influential society is keeping the lid closed on this and why,,, well there are reams to written about "who done it" and why...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I found an old book in a medical library years ago and it had photos of the drawings in certain tombs in Egypt. The book was dated about 1910. I was totally shocked at what i saw. One of the famous tombs which I had researched for some art work was totally different! It obviously had been repainted in recent times and the painters obviously had taken some artistic license with their interpretation.

The photos from the 1910 book showed very little vandalism had occured in the tombs and the images were mostly intact. I wonder why they were repainted so differently to the original?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaceweaver
I found an old book in a medical library years ago and it had photos of the drawings in certain tombs in Egypt. The book was dated about 1910. I was totally shocked at what i saw. One of the famous tombs which I had researched for some art work was totally different! It obviously had been repainted in recent times and the painters obviously had taken some artistic license with their interpretation.

The photos from the 1910 book showed very little vandalism had occured in the tombs and the images were mostly intact. I wonder why they were repainted so differently to the original?

Hi spaceweaver, very interesting, strrd, can you tell me the name of that book?
Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spaceweaver

scan and post? preferably with comparisons to repainted sites?
please?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spaceweaver

Originally posted by diablomonic
scan and post? preferably with comparisons to repainted sites?
please?

Originally posted by spacevisitor
Hi spaceweaver, very interesting, strrd, can you tell me the name of that book?
Thanks in advance.

I second both motions, if you can.

Thanks spaceweaver.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by cormac mac airt
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Which of these other flood stories, minus obvious similitarities that can be attributed to any flood, would you say are stories of the SAME flood and can you tell when they happened?

www.talkorigins.org...

Hey cormac,

Thanks for that link, very informative.

I can't tell you when they happened or if the ancient accounts and interpretations of a flood is actually of the same one. I just found it curious how they accounted for it, as in the similar interpretations of it. I found some of these stories on wiki.. You can get an idea of what I mean.

Geologists I guess feel pretty certain that there wasn't one worldwide deluge. And I don't know if there have been any studies specifically dedicated to actually determining whether there was one worldwide flood or not.

Although accounts by some ancient civilizations may have come hundreds of years after others, it doesn't mean that they weren't speaking about the same thing; i'm thinking stories passed down thru the generations. Just a thought.

The Greek description is pretty interesting...

[edit on 4-4-2008 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Howdy Photoeffect

Sorry one brief comment then I must run

May I suggest your run your question thru Google scholar? You'll see a list of studies on that subject.

Good luck

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbmitch
Because there is just such a discovery made in Australia,, appearantly the inscriptions tell of a Prince of Rhamese III that there was little known about until this discovery and the narrative found engraved on the canyon wall ,, that they were exploring an very unhospitble land full of poisionous creatures and many had died from their venomous bites and stings,,
And that this Prince of Rhamese the III lay slowly dying or dead (in cultures there are various degrees of being dead)......

The inscription is a hoax, done in the 1980's by an elderly gentleman. It's been added to over the years; the park rangers have tried to keep people from adding to it, but people keep adding what they think are "egyptian" inscriptions.

It must be noted that the Hieroglyphics mentioned here are believed now to be the work of an 'elderly yugoslavian gentleman' caught in the act by Gosford Park Rangers in the early '80s. Shame no one bothered to mention this to the writer of the original 'article' that sparked this page in the first place, when the writer claimed investigation of the locals in Gosford as part of the 'article' research. I am keeping this page as is, as a sort of time capsule; the site, after all, does exist, promotes fascinating discussion, and is a jolly nice day out, if only the amateur fortune idiots would stop digging the place up.

members.ozemail.com.au...

You can read the report of an Aussie who investigated it and talked to the rangers here:
donsmaps.com...

...and he is correct. You can learn to read Egyptian hieroglyphics, and it really takes no time at all to realize that these aren't AE hieroglyphics but rather things that people THINK look like them.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The Tomb I was refering to is in Luxor and the tomb of a Noble, called the tomb of Menna.

Here is a picture i found online and as you can see there is much damage in varous places which I have come to suspect has happened in the previous 100 years.

www.foxysislandwalks.co.uk...

I will try and find my images and scan them for you.

This one is better:

www.metmuseum.org...

[edit on 4-4-2008 by spaceweaver]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Thanks for the suggestion Hanslune. I've dabbled with Google Scholar but it seems that the information to be found on certain subjects is incomplete or password protected.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

On thing that especially aroused my interest in terms of "forbidden" or unknown egyptology was the obsession of some freemasons with the subject.

Being the member of a masonic lodge myself and "asking around" I could only conclude that the old masonic beliefs about ancient egypt are quite different than those taught by mainstream science.

Some (by all means only some, not the majority) masons believe their craft to originate in ancient egypt. Some masonic libraries contain writings dating the building of the pyramids to 10450 B.C.

This website, from which I unfortunately cannot copy/paste reflects this type of dating preference:

masonic site

In any case, the people Ive personally met who promote such ideas are far from "uneducated" or "stupid" as some here would have us believe.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join