It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden Egyptology

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I am going to propose a hypothesis, that I base on other outside studies and ideas that are not freely taught or admitted to.

It is my belief that the pyramids were indeed burial chambers of sorts. I believe that there was no body placed in the chamber, just the empty stone casket. Its my belief that this serves the same purpose as the empty cross and many other symbols of true initiation. I believe it was meant as a focal point for any soul that incarnated at any time in history after its construction. In a normal incarnation the previous memory is blocked from the new existence. Some renegade souls leave and incarnate without the memory being blocked or cleaned. Earth Angels if you will. These beings brought the knowledge, to small secret groups in Egypt and the normal construction of pyramids that were used to cover over tombs was upgraded to an empty tomb built upon grand proportions as the world would never see again.

There being one religion for the masses, and then a secret religion for the elect, the true reason was to be able to trace the steps in each visit from one single focal symbol. Initiates of the Secret Schools in that time and the same modern day Secret Schools that still teach the same exact things, thousands of years later, may tend to agree

Just something to kick around. The obvious symbol of the empty tomb is repeated over and over through history for a reason.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

So technically these 2 are 8 sided pyramids. What would be the purpose of that?

From my understanding Hawass hasn't pushed for locating these wooden pieces either so that a proper dating could be accomplished. I don't get it.

In reading this thread like a book, the reader will discover dozens of unanswered and unrefuted questions such as these. Thats something us fringe-researchers can celebrate.

We´ve proven that there´s so much unaccounted for that alternative investigation continues to be justified.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Now thats an interesting and fresh concept there. You´ve been digging around in rosicrucian archives again, havent you?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by Illahee

Now thats an interesting and fresh concept there. You´ve been digging around in rosicrucian archives again, havent you?

I'm digging around in everybody's archives. They seem to have done a somewhat better job with putting a linking thread to different points. Am just starting on some new angles now though.

Will we ever know all the Pyramid secrets? I think that there is so much there its astounding. But then think about a public works project today. All the differing special interests wanting a say and a stake. I get the feeling a lot of the aspects to the construction may have been from the exact same type of social issues. I'm leaning towards some building aspects being added to appease special interests, even in those days.

No wonder these things are so difficult to figure out....

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Yes. But in essence it all comes down to one thing: Was everything prior to 7000 B.C. (the date keeps getting moved back) primitive hunter-gatherer-tribes and are we isolated in the universe...or is there more to history? Was there outside influence? Was there a civilization that we have forgotten? Those who say "there is more going on behind the scenes" are labelled "fringe lunatics" while the others are labelled historians.

But at least us "fringe lunatics" sell more books than mainstream historians...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Thanks Byrd, I had no idea of the complexity and research put forth from the study of linguistics and biosemiotics. There is a lot of reading and research to do on the subject matter. Rik Riley

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cormac mac airt

Originally posted by cormac mac airt
I too realize that the C14 results aren't conclusive, but what's telling to me is that they vary by hundreds of years, not thousands of years.

There were 2 sets of dating tests conducted on samples from the Giza pyramids and other locations; one in 1984 and one in 1995. As I understand it, there are results from the 1st round of tests that show a range of dates of 1000 yrs!

Some samples taken from mortar or coal fragments from the top of Khufu dated back to 3800bc. Of course this doesn't jive with the conventional dates for Khufu so a second round of tests were conducted because the "there must've been something wrong with the original samples to get such anomalous dates."

The 2nd round came closer to the originally established dates but still off by 100 or so years, give or take. However this was close enough to prove that Khufu was built when the conventionalists had originally speculated. And this overrides the original results I guess...

Also, have you taken into account that what you see of the outside of the pyramids wasn't the actual surface.

That's a very good point. But the pyramid of Khafre is also stripped of its outer casing stones yet it doesn't exhibit the same concave features seen on Khufu's and Menkaure's. There has to be a reason for this.

That was destroyed during the middle ages and earlier for local construction purposes of the city.

True and perhaps much earlier then the middle ages. Mark Lehner stated in a NOVA on-line interview that there's evidence to suggest that the Ancient Egyptians began stripping the pyramids for other projects as early as the reign of Tutankhamen, 1200 years after the supposed time of Giza.

The apparent concavity may have been originally designed into the pyramids to help support the original surface. Just a thought.

And this may very well be, but again I wonder why then it wouldn't be used on Khafre's pyramid; and that one still stands just like the other 2.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
deleted

[edit on 16/3/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
PhotonEffect,

As to the C14 tests, yes I know about the multiple tests. That's why I said it was telling that they weren't thousands, plural, off. As in, showing circa 10,000 BC, as alot of fringe researchers want to believe. Carbon 14 does have it's uses, but also its limitations. 3800 BC is a whole lot closer to the time of Khufu than 10,000 BC.

As to Khafre's pyramid, it may be as simple as the Egyptians were trying something a little different. It's doesn't exactly require a whole new approach to pyramid building. Even construction workers today look for different ways to do the same thing that might save time, labor or money. Surely the Egyptians weren't much different.

cormac

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Howdy Cormac

Are you guys discussing entasis?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Yes. But in essence it all comes down to one thing: Was everything prior to 7000 B.C. (the date keeps getting moved back) primitive hunter-gatherer-tribes and are we isolated in the universe...or is there more to history? Was there outside influence? Was there a civilization that we have forgotten? Those who say "there is more going on behind the scenes" are labelled "fringe lunatics" while the others are labelled historians.

The oldest known Homo Sapiens remains are 195,000 years old. Most of that time was covered by glaciers. Not much has been found so far to suggest anything else but hunter-gatherers until after the Ice Age. Admitting there might be life elsewhere in the universe but that DOESN'T automatically mean they had to have been here, let alone influenced humanity. I believe that to be insulting to humanity. Also, have you looked at the types of megafauna that early Homo Sapiens had to content with just to survive? We always find a way to overcome the greatest of obstacles.

Were there civilizations or cultures that existed in the past that we haven't found, probably. To suggest that they are forgotten is to say that we knew about them to begin with. If true, we would know where to look for them and quite probably have found them already.

But at least us "fringe lunatics" sell more books than mainstream historians...

Imaginative writings always sell better than factual ones.

cormac

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Hi Hanslune,

Not an architectural expert, but I believe that is what PhotonEffect may be talking about. Not sure how it would apply to the pyramids outer structure though as it appears that the inner courses show the effect. At least two of them anyway.

cormac

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It was used in architecture to remove the perception that a line that was actually straight - looked curved. The Greeks and Romans later used the
the application of a convex curve to a surface for aesthetic purposes.

This explanation was given by Hero of Alexandria.

However like so many things it depends on how it was applied and in what "moderation".

As you rightly said the Egyptians may have been experimenting -or perhaps over the extimated 70 years of construction "a new guy" decided to try something different based on previous experience.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cormac mac airt

cormac,

Never suggested that the pyramids are from ca 10,000 bc although I'm open to the idea. My issue with the whole C14 dating of Giza is that conventionalists, even knowing that it's not all that reliable, sometimes like to use it as hard evidence. The results from the 2 tests are clearly anomalous yet they focus only on the dates which come close to the timeframe they've determined for those pyramids.

And yeah 3800 bc is closer to the ascribed dates, but it's still some 1000 years off. That difference is enough to show me that conventionalists have it wrong. It places the Giza pyramids way out of the timeframe that's been attributed to their respective pharaohs. Or maybe we should just push the reigns of those pharaohs back 1000 years also...

[edit on 17-3-2008 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hi PhotonEffect,

I know you didn't suggest the 10,000 BC date for the pyramids, that's why I didn't attribute it to you. However, many like to put it with the alleged earlier date of the Sphinx due to "water erosion" and say it's all done at the same time. Personally, I don't see it.

I think C14 dating in this case should be thrown out. Everything else, including workers marks on the interior, unfinished sides of many blocks would appear to indicate that it was built during the time of Khufu. Some have suggested that those marks show the workers where those blocks were to go during a refurbishing. The big question is, if they couldn't have built it in the first place, how could they have taken any of it apart to put workers marks on it and then put it back together? They couldn't.

cormac

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
The radiocarbon dates are just one set of data. In all 270 samples were taken from not only the Giza pyramids but other sites previously associated with OK sites

[img][/img]

Carbon 14 study

edited for: Chart not showing up properly

[edit on 17/3/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Hanslune,

Thanks for the info. That is a much tighter timeframe for the pyramids. Definitely within acceptable parameters of Khufu's reign. The timeframe here, the workers villiage, tools remaining from the quarry and the estimate of material quarried compared to material used in the Great Pyramid pretty much sums it up that Khufu had it built.

cormac

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Hi, people, this is my very first message here, and english is not my mother language, so I try to manage.

I am interested in ancient Egypt and I wish to have some information about certain things. I would be happy to get any internet - links if anybody know, or hear your personal ideas about the following:

I have a reason to beleive that Tutanhkamon was murdered, and Nefertiti also. There was a kind of magical treatment, to destroy their personal power in solar plexus. Have any of you heard about this? This is only my personal idea, right now I cannot tell you, why I say thigns like this.
It was a war against Lightkeepers, like Tutankhamon, Nefertiti and Akhnetaton.

This is really difficult to express myself, but I do my best.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
For those interested in another but definitely also important view on the Radiocarbon Dating Project.
Here are some small parts of that article, but it is absolute interesting enough to read it all, but that is just my opinion.

The Great Pyramid's mortar was sampled for "fragments of charred wood or other plant fibers" that could possibly be radiocarbon dated.

The results were supposed to settle the debate once and for all on the age of this structure and some of the other ones located in this area.

The Casing Stones

Mark Lehner, Egyptologist: We have evidence that the stripping of the pyramids' fine outer casing began as early as the New Kingdom in ancient Egypt - the era of Tutankhamen, when the pyramids were already 1200 years old, or more! The removal of the casing of the Giza Pyramids, therefore, went on from the 12th century B.C. to the 12th Century A.D.

If Egyptologists have evidence that the casing stones were removed as early as the 12th century BC, then there is the possibility that this process may have begun at an even earlier date, but we just don't have the evidence for it. If this is so, it may explain why the radiocarbon dates are older than were expected.

What these facts seem to suggest, is the possibility that the Giza pyramids' outer casing stones may have begun to be removed long ago in antiquity. The Old Kingdom Pharoahs may have decided to embark on a massive repair project that entailed "slopping" gypsum mortar to fill in many of the gaps of the inner limestone core to keep the structure sealed. This process may have occurred, on and off, over many centuries, culminating in Khufu's finishing of the repair of the Great Pyramid.

www.cycle-of-time.net...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

The oldest known Homo Sapiens remains are 195,000 years old. Most of that time was covered by glaciers. Not much has been found so far to suggest anything else but hunter-gatherers until after the Ice Age.

Then lets talk about how things are lost overtime. Underground, underwater, eroded away, decayed away. I think people underestimate what a huge difference there is between 3000 B.C. and 10 000 B.C. Thats 7000 years difference and a lot can happen in 7000 years.

Artifical structures off the coast of Japan/Taiwan, Cuba, Bimini, Cyprus, Ireland, India...theyve ALL been labelled "natural formations"...

...for no other reason than "they cant be artificial because when these places were above water, there were only hunter-gatherers around that couldnt build stuff like that". Id love for anyone to point out where else in nature straight lines, stairs, rectangles, perfect circles and speheres can be found. But superficial examination doesnt even go as far as to asking those questions.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join