It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden Egyptology

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

As you can see, the real story here is a bit complex. Much of the knowledge of what I'm speaking of is kept in the secret societies, mostly in France. I have a very extensive bibliography, but there has been no public release of this information that I have found. This is why I'm writing a book on the subject. It should release by early summer and will let everyone here know about it then. Until then, just know that I am not a loon - I've been a CEO of two Internet companies and have been researching and working on this book for 27 years. Egypt is only a part of the story, there is real physics and mathematical models involved. There is real suppression involved in the development of science and what is taught in the Universities. While there is government control involved, much of this is simply a "complicity of convenience" that has become institutionalized and embedded in western culture. This is beginning to change.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
b]Reply to Harte;

Hmm! A very passionate reply ... but having read posts you have made on other threads, I would expect nothing less. Therefore I shall try my best to answer each statement you make concerning my previous post.

But I have to wonder how you can be so dismissive of my comments when you have no idea what I am actually referring to at this moment in time ?

I should probably make you aware that I am NOT referring to a small 'anti-chamber' (rear portion of the Sphinx), as being the much sort after'Atlantean Hall of Records' ... as some have claimed in esoteric circles. I probably find this idea as laughable as you do !

'He has never, ever shut down any legitimate investigation'...

Are you absolutely sure of that ? (if so could you provide anything to substantiate your certainty please)

And what (in your own opinion constitutes 'legitimate' ... likwise what do you consider 'not legitimate'), a couple of examples would suffice ... just so I can understand your reasoning.

I'm curious about this because I find it difficult to see why a license can be granted (presumably and initially for 'legitimate' reasons) ... and then revoked unceremoniously when things start to 'hot up' a little. I was under the impression that new discoveries are a good thing !

You implied that Dr Hawass has a different definition of 'legitimate' ... does that mean that his definition is absolute and if so I have to repeat the question ... 'why was the license granted in the first place' ?

'Why do you think John Anthony West should be accorded more and easier access to Egypt's antiquities, than a legitimate archaeological researcher' ?

After re-reading my post I neither said nor implied anything of the kind ... I think you are putting words into my mouth here.

'Pure libel'

The accusation you aim at me with reference to my comparrison of Dr Hawass to a 'slavering Pit-Bull'...

I stand by my comments ... they are my personal opinion. To my knowledge everyone is entitled to have an opinion. However, if a moderater asks me to retract the comment from the post I will do so immediately ... but that won't stop it being my opinion.

On this matter I'd like to provide just one example of why my opinion of Dr Hawass is so low ... there are many more reasons I could give as evidence but this is well written and easy to read.

I ask that you take the time to read ALL the information provided in the following link so as to get the full picture. This should also be read by everyone else who contributes to this thread (whichever side of the fence you sit).

Skyfloating; I don't know if you've ever come across this information before ... if not you're gonna love it.

Harte; I shall be interested to hear your defence of Dr Hawass after you finish reading this.

One thing I shall be expecting is the retraction of your claim that my words concerning Dr Hawass were 'pure libel'

In a bit of a turn about ... I think you might find that the accusation you aimed at me is called 'slander' ... but being the benevolent kind of girl I am, I'm prepared to let it slide.

The overall point I wish to make by bringing this to your attention is that we should all be allowed to seek/discover knowledge in any way we choose and not get put down because one persons way is not the way of another.

(re; John Anthony West); I tried to find the newspaper article about his license being revoked and the manner with which Dr Hawass tried to discredit him. I'd also had a lengthy discussion with Graham Hancock about this in the 90's, when he was championing 'West's cause', but as this was a personal conversation I didn't record it ... and so cannot put it forward as evidence or back-up.

Well I couldn't find the newspaper report but I did stumble upon this little gem. Please take the time to read all of the pages (there are about 8 in total) and pay particular attention to the information provided on P.5; 'Opening The Lost Tombs - the tomb of Orsirus'.

www.towers-online.co.uk...

click on; The Shaft, The Subway & The Causeway

Harte; Do you still stand by your claim that there is nothing beneath the Sphinx ??? And do you still have such a high opinion of Dr Hawass
I'm pretty certain the answer to both will be a steadfast YES!!!

Woody

[edit on 6-2-2008 by woodwytch]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
mr.O is a stool of satan-darood, the animal-headed fourth "channelling" runt who claims to have built the pyramid in the first place. it is ABSOLUTELY OBVIOUS there are other chambers in that pile of rocks, and mr.O knows exactly where to tunnel thru IF HE WANTED TO. but he doesnt. so we can only speculate on his "reasons". his master satan-darood has so far FAILED to REPENT for gross mal-administrations of earth, and has severely DELAYED the evolution of humans; so it could be decades before the bulldozers finally reveal his great "book of the atlantean butcher-miser-idiot". in the meantime, why not take your own bucket and spade, and go for a dig in the moonlight ?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hello, Skyfloating. Could you take a look at these two articles? They definitely add a different perspective and connect the pyramids to the Hebrews and their ancestors. It is interesting and your input would be appreciated. Not sure what to make of it personally:

The Pyramid of Giza
The Sphinx

The articles connect it to the Hyskos, possibly Adam's and Noah's relatives, and a few others. He has a couple of other articles on the subject but thought we could start with those. Thank you in advance.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What I like to think about most when it comes to Forbidden Egyptology and all the Ancient Egyptian structures, is their purpose or function.

Zahi Hawass knows about a lot but he doesn't seem to be into the Ancient Egyptian lifestyle or spiritual philosophy, which I like to compare to modern day Tibet, where the culture LIVES the religion/philosophy day to day.

In the books "The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life Vol 1 & 2" Drunvalo speaks about all sorts Ancient Egyptian things. Such as using the great pyramid for the purpose of gaining the state of "Christ" or unified consciousness.

The idea is that you enter the well or pit at the foot of the pyramid, which is sandy tunnel which leads to a dirt wall dead end.

The initiate then is to lay down, meditate until they travel upwards (in the merkaba or light body) through the shafts up into to the queens chamber. This is where the consciousness then goes from there out the shaft pointing to Star Sirius.
From there it meets other beings, asked questions and eventually a realization is had. Then it is taken to different star in the Orion belt, where the consciousness becomes at one this new state of awareness. After a kind of initiation to this higher state of consciousness the spirit goes back to Earth, through the shaft that leads it into the Kings Chambers where it readjusts to this new state consciousness within the physical body and world.

So that for example could be a reason for the Great Pyramid and it's alignment with Star Sirius and the belt of Orion. As opposed to it being built as a tomb for the 4th dynasty Egyptian pharaoh Khufu. Rather it is a tool for gaining higher states of spiritual awareness.

Side note; The significance of Star Sirius (primarily Star Sirius B or the "Dog star") is that is the home of The Sirians. They exist on a higher or 5th dimension of light vibration. As we exist on a three dimensional reality, their reality exists in a higher frequency, think of a body less consciousness existing on the ultraviolet spectrum of light, etc. So this meditations purpose is to expand the initiates mind to that higher spectrum.

So thats just one idea about the Great Pyramid. There's so many more reasons for other things such as the Sphinx, various mystery schools, etc.

How cool would it be fore Zahi Hawass to talk about the possible spiritual reasons for these structures? After all, the Ancient Egyptians seemed to have made these structures for those reasons as opposed to the conventional explanations.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

The Egyptians were not preoccupied with death. It just happens that most of our records of them come from their tombs and funerary procedures, because by the nature of a tomb, these places are sealed up pretty tight, preserving hte information within far better than what may have been left in the open air for seven thousand years
Even within the tombs we see a huge array of daily life, most of which is exactly as we would expect - hunting, fishing, farming, prayer, sex, making beer, you name it.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think this is my first proper post, so hello to everyone.

This subject really catches my eye, theres a big aura around the egypt topic. I just find it fascinating that the Giza Pyramids all coincidentally line up with Orions Belt. They were a very clever and spiratual society, who i personally think did have communication with exterrestrials and definitely worked with powerfull energies but like other things the truth gets lost and scattered, it will be interesting to read other peoples thoughts on the matter. Peace to all.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Great post woodwytch. And delicious website. Delicious for some items I wasnt aware of yet (despite being involved in this since years).

Btw: You can erase the edit-signs when you edit and edit and re-edit.
Also: When posting a link two winddows open: First the "Skript" (what you want the Link to say) and then for the website-adress.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Hi AshleyD.

I looked through your links. Its my opinion that the Sphinx AND the Pyramids are both pre-flood. This is not the mainstream theory of course.

link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

As I mentioned in my first post here, I detest the word 'channeling' because of the implications it brings with it ... unfortunately I have never been able to come up with a more suitable alternative.

But when I started getting my information from a 'seperated souce' ... I 'knew' it was 100% acurate but I needed to find something to support it (I couldn't just accept it as 'real' ... that's down to my inner-sceptic I suppose). That's also why everything I've received via this weird method ... I've looked for accepted documented (historical/religious/scientific) evidence to back it up. Hell, I even went back to school and did a university course in 'Natural Earth Sciences', to see if my bizarre information/theories held water ... and they do !!!
The only problem remaining is (same old, same old), I can't prove it yet.

Well ima "new age hippie" type of guy maybe i can bring sone insight to your dilemma ....studies on the brain and consciousness are starting to show us that the brain is a sort of "quantum cage" to hold consciousness. It has also been theorized by many leading scientinst in the field of concousness that it maybe possible to switch consciousness with another entity, or to move consciousness "out of the cage".
the word "channeling" i personally precieve as creating a "doorway" or oppening in the protective "quantum cage" , which then another entity can assume conscious form in your body.

@ Sky.
I have heard edgay casey predictions of a multitude of chanbers hidden through-out the surface of the planet in precice geological positions, a few have been proven (sphynx, tiwan((?)if not then in tht area)).

how much proof, of how many chambers do we have?

link   
Here is what I have found on the History Channel show Egypt Decoded with Robert Bauval.

The History Channel shows that the program once ran but it is not scheduled to run again...nor are they offering it for sale. Here is a link to what little they have on it.
Egypt Decoded

What drove the ancient Egyptians to build some of the most magnificent monuments on earth? Accepted views are that they were for dead pharaohs. Now, renowned expert on ancient Egypt, Robert Bauval contests conventional ideas with a theory that could reignite the debate of the era known as the "time of the gods." Using the latest astronomy computer software, Bauval reveals that the entire landscape of ancient Egypt was created along with a long-term plan to turn Egypt into a "Celestial Kingdom" where time would cyclically recur and the cosmic order obeyed.

Of more interest is the book version of this theory called The Egypt Code. Here is a link to Robert Bauval's site with much more information.

The Egypt Code

The Orion Mystery published in 1994, introduced the world to a highly original, and now internationally famous, star-correlation theory about the Giza Pyramids in Egypt, and sent a huge shock-wave of controversy throughout the scientific community, the effects of which are still felt today.

The Egypt Code not only develops this pyramid-stars correlation, but also reveals an amazing 'Grand Unified Plan', which involves the wonderful temple of Upper Egypt.

The Egypt Code is unlike any other book before it and covers the whole of Egypt's ancient civilization in a manner never before attempted.

Much has been written as to 'how' the Egyptians might have aligned their monuments with such high precision, but the question that has always remained unanswered is 'why'- why did the ancients put so much emphasis on astronomical alignments? And what could be the function, practical or symbolic, behind these mysterious alignments?

It is really interesting information. Finally, the video which is I believe the one I saw is available here...

Electric Sky Video

I will continue to search for another source that might potentially have a clip to post. I would be interested to hear opinions on this theory.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by vision
How cool would it be fore Zahi Hawass to talk about the possible spiritual reasons for these structures?

That would be outrageous

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Phew! That took some sorting out, to get the link working. Thanks for the tips I think I have it right now.

As for the content ... I thought you'd like it ... I had never come across it before myself. It was what I call a 'happy accident'.

It's also good to see that there are lot of people who share the same opinion of Dr Hawass starting to speak-up. The truth will out !

Woody

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

But I have to wonder how you can be so dismissive of my comments when you have no idea what I am actually referring to at this moment in time ?

I am not dismissive of your comments, I'm dismissive of the idea that Zahi Hawass is hiding something.

Originally posted by woodwytchI should probably make you aware that I am NOT referring to a small 'anti-chamber' (rear portion of the Sphinx), as being the much sort after'Atlantean Hall of Records' ... as some have claimed in esoteric circles. I probably find this idea as laughable as you do !

I am overjoyed to read this. I was beginning to wonder if anyone left at ATS had any sense.

'He has never, ever shut down any legitimate investigation'...

Are you absolutely sure of that ? (if so could you provide anything to substantiate your certainty please)

And what (in your own opinion constitutes 'legitimate' ... likwise what do you consider 'not legitimate'), a couple of examples would suffice ... just so I can understand your reasoning.

I use the Egyptian Government's definition. A researcher has to be associated with a legitimate research organization - typically a university or a state-sponsored research organization.

Note that this requirement is met by Cayce's group the A.R.E. A.R.E. has applied and been granted access to sites in Egypt for archaeological purposes.

You claimed that he shut down research on a whim yet you want me to provide evidence he hasn't?

Originally posted by woodwytchI'm curious about this because I find it difficult to see why a license can be granted (presumably and initially for 'legitimate' reasons) ... and then revoked unceremoniously when things start to 'hot up' a little. I was under the impression that new discoveries are a good thing !

Hawass has never done this.

I believe the instance you are referring to was where a group had a license to film inside of the ancient site (as I recall, it was the underground chamber under the causeway next to the Sphinx) but instead of filming, they began digging there.

Surely you must understand that Egypt simply cannot allow people to excavate ancient sites under false pretenses. Egypt today is trying as hard as can be to retrieve the priceless artifacts stolen over the last couple of centuries. Allowing excavations without controls would only exacerbate this situation as people such as this film crew could make off with more priceless antiquities. Since the government didn't give them permission to dig, had they not been caught the government would have had no reason to suspect they might be robbing the country.

Not that they were, but the principle remains.

'Why do you think John Anthony West should be accorded more and easier access to Egypt's antiquities, than a legitimate archaeological researcher' ?

After re-reading my post I neither said nor implied anything of the kind ... I think you are putting words into my mouth here.

Not really. You twice mentioned West had been poorly treated. West is not associated with any legitimate archaeological group, so to allow him access would be precisely the same as to allow him special privileges that are withheld from other researchers.

'Pure libel'

The accusation you aim at me with reference to my comparrison of Dr Hawass to a 'slavering Pit-Bull'...

I stand by my comments ... they are my personal opinion. To my knowledge everyone is entitled to have an opinion. However, if a moderater asks me to retract the comment from the post I will do so immediately ... but that won't stop it being my opinion.

No, I quoted the portion I thought was libelous:

He's like a slavering Pit-Bull ... whose purpose is to 'see off intruders' ... revoking licenses everytime someone comes close to going public about a discovery that is of a more 'unusual' nature.

The pit bull stuff is not libelous. The "revoking licenses every time.." part is libelous.

You have not shown even a single time Hawass has done this yet you claim he does it "every time"??

Originally posted by woodwytchOn this matter I'd like to provide just one example of why my opinion of Dr Hawass is so low ... there are many more reasons I could give as evidence but this is well written and easy to read.

I ask that you take the time to read ALL the information provided in the following link so as to get the full picture. This should also be read by everyone else who contributes to this thread (whichever side of the fence you sit).

Your link wouldn't work for me, but I bet you anything it leads to a story I've read and refuted before.

Look, I'm not personally fond of Hawass either. He is a real showboat.

But what you're saying here feeds into a completely false view of the field that is detrimental to even what little archaeology is discussed at this forum - namely that there is some uberconspiracy to hide the truth about the ancient world from us 'regular" people.

That is complete fantasy and is on it's face simply laughable.

Harte

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by vision

From there it meets other beings, asked questions and eventually a realization is had. Then it is taken to different star in the Orion belt, where the consciousness becomes at one this new state of awareness. After a kind of initiation to this higher state of consciousness the spirit goes back to Earth, through the shaft that leads it into the Kings Chambers where it readjusts to this new state consciousness within the physical body and world.

So that for example could be a reason for the Great Pyramid and it's alignment with Star Sirius and the belt of Orion. As opposed to it being built as a tomb for the 4th dynasty Egyptian pharaoh Khufu. Rather it is a tool for gaining higher states of spiritual awareness.

And your sourcing would be...?

Side note; The significance of Star Sirius (primarily Star Sirius B or the "Dog star") is that is the home of The Sirians. They exist on a higher or 5th dimension of light vibration. As we exist on a three dimensional reality, their reality exists in a higher frequency, think of a body less consciousness existing on the ultraviolet spectrum of light, etc. So this meditations purpose is to expand the initiates mind to that higher spectrum.

And your sourcing would be...?

The actual significance of Sirius (and it's Sirius A, you're getting Egypt mixed up with that "Dogon mystery" BS) is that it clears the horizon just prior to the flooding of the Nile. it allowed Egyptian farmers to prepare for planting.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infadel
how much proof, of how many chambers do we have?

I dont know. Im trying to research off the beaten path and look into stuff that hasnt been looked into yet (see opening post). Bauval, Hancock, West, Stargate Conspiracy, etc. is not the end of the story.

Currently Im looking in the private beliefs of a few mainstream egyptlogists, the day-to-day events at Giza from a non-tourist perspective and the interest of secret societies in ancient egypt.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paper_Chaser
I think this is my first proper post, so hello to everyone.

Welcome Paper Chaser.

Originally posted by Paper_ChaserThis subject really catches my eye, theres a big aura around the egypt topic. I just find it fascinating that the Giza Pyramids all coincidentally line up with Orions Belt.

That would really be sooo cool if it were true.

Unfortunately, it's not.

The Giza Pyramids don't line up with Orion's belt. They only come close if you turn Orion's Belt upside-down. Even then, it's not a match, not now, not 10,500 years ago.

Sorry pal. Like I said, it would have been cool.

Harte

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Infadel

Hi there Infadel and welcome to ATS.

I think you may have misunderstood me;

well I'm a 'new-age hippy' type of guy ...

If you check-out my profile, threads and posts you will soon see that I am 85% esoteric ... 15% scientific (the latter is only for back-up purposes) I am a bit of a hybrid/mongrel I suppose but it helps to provide me with a wider view of the subject at hand.

My dislike is for the terminology ... and that is because as soon as the word 'channeling' crops-up anything you say subsequently is dismissed as the ramblings of a charlatan or air-head in some company.

Unfair I know ... but unfortunately true. And that is understandable to a degree because I have personally heard some of the biggest loads of b#@@#~*s spouted under the guise of 'channeling'.

When you post on a thread like this you have to counter-attack and state your position to the 'left-brainers' otherwise they write you off as a 'fairy-hugger' and think anything you have to say is inadmissible/irrelevant ... no matter how valid the point you have to make is.

So please know that I have nothing against the new-age or hippies ... I lived a very bohemian lifestyle with one for 4yrs a while back ... loved every minute of it.

I'd much rather spnd time in the company of someone like you than someone who has no knowledge or interestof what lies outside the 'box'.

Very pleased to meet you. Woody

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It might do many readers (and ranters) here some good to read what Hancock and West themselves say about Hawass:

During the course of spirited debate a posting on the internet was brought to our attention by Art Bell. The posting had been written by Larry Hunter and Amargi Hillier and asserted falsely that Dr Zahi Hawass had been fired from his post by the Egyptian government. We are aware that this posting is one of many by Mr Hunter and his friend Boris Said which have misrepresented the truth concerning Dr Hawass and indeed slandered him.

As is widely known we ourselves have had serious differences with Dr Hawass over many years. However over the past six months we have been engaged in a civil and increasingly amiable dialogue with Dr Hawass.

This dialogue has convinced us that our differences with him, however acrimoniously expressed, were largely due to mutual misperceptions. We therefore feel it incumbent on ourselves to set the record straight and to assure all who are interested in these matters that the statements made by Hunter & Co are utterly false, misleading and malicious and, most important of all, are backed by no evidence whatsoever.

We would like to state, for the record, that while our disagreements with Dr Hawass over matters Egyptological still continue, we are in the process of exploring them with him in depth with the kind of civil and courteous debate that are appropriate for science and scholarship. We are now absolutely convinced that the precious monuments of the Giza plateau could not be in better hands than those of Dr Hawass. We have seen him at work. We have seen his passion and genuine love for the pyramids and the Sphinx. And we have seen that above all else he is determined to ensure the preservation of these monuments for the future. There are no conspiracies. There are no hidden finds. There is no skulduggery. And we challenge Larry Hunter and his colleagues to produce one shred of documentable evidence that will support their assertions.

My emphases.
More here

Harte

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Thanks for those links. Most of us are pretty familiar with that stuff but I meant for them to be posted for people who are not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join